How many here have "never been thin"

Options

Replies

• martinbeks
    martinbeks Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    My family (immediate family) is and has always been overweight. I've always been the "thin" one, even though it's more based on body comp and nothing else (My mom weighs less than me, but I'm a lot taller and have more muscle, so I wear smaller clothes).
  • stonel94
    stonel94 Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    For me it's weird, i have a big rib cage, broad shoulders, and when I was younger I was really chubby and was always told I was big boned, and then I kinda went down a healthy weight loss path and lost a lot of weight and got a healthy weight, but because I was still in bigger sizes than my friends I kept losing weight unhealthily and got to a very underweight weight, and you could tell I was skinny in my face, but I have naturally muscular and bigger thighs, like I said broad shoulders and rib cage, so I was still in a bigger size then most of my friends (i'm talking a 2/4 instead of a 0/2) so I was never the "thin" one. And I've never been happy with my body. But I'm starting to embrace my more swimmer type build, and since I've started playing water polo competivly I don't get the same feeling of being big because everyone has broad shoulders, bigger arms and thighs and it's a sign of being good at the sport, and people know that. But no I've never been "thin" but I have been healthy. And if your build is naturally bigger than a lot of others, which it might be, then don't expect to get as thin as other people, you will be as thin per say, but maybe in a bigger size.
  • Americanbabydoll
    Americanbabydoll Posts: 1,255 Member
    Options
    <<< Raises Hand.

I have never been thin. I was always bigger than my friends but I was always taller than them also. I don't really want to be "thin" and the number on the scale doesn't matter as much to me as the size of my clothes and looking good next to my 6'4" 190lb husband. I hate weighing more than him. I will breathe a sigh of relief when I finally weigh less. :)
  • christywolfe
    Options
    Never been thin. High school I think I was in a 16/18. I thought that was huge. Def wish I could be that size now. I'm not looking to be skin and bones. But I would like to be significantly smaller than I am right now.
  • smittybuilt19
    smittybuilt19 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    *Raises hand*

I see some photos of myself in my early teens and I wonder how I could have hated myself so much. My peers would still call me fat even though I was of a normal weight, so I ate like I was fat. And here I am. Kinda wish I could go back and grow a backbone before a gigantic stomach.

Dang...well said^^ I look back at pictures a think "I really wasn't as big as I thought I was"
  • arcticfox04
    arcticfox04 Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    I've never been thin nor would I want to be thin. I'm going with the goto the gym and fill my clothes out the other way method =P
  • smurfaggie07
    Options
    I've never been thin. Started getting chubby in 2nd grade I believe.
  • Bob314159
    Bob314159 Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    Not quite never, I've been overweight since around 12, probably normal weight at around 16 for a year or two. Then never less than 25 pounds over, but grossly overweight for 30+ years. At my max around 7 years ago I was 150 over, but managed to get that to 100 and got stuck there till I started MFP and FitBit.

Since being on MFP, I have had the most consistent and stable loss ever and at my lowest weight in 30 years, but I appear to be stuck for the last 3 weeks.
  • mygrl4meee
    mygrl4meee Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    I was thin once if you count from when I was under 10.
  • teamnevergoingback
    teamnevergoingback Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    I have never been thin! I've been 5'9 with big knockers since junior high, so I was always at least taller than everyone if anything. I'm at my lowest weight right now of 173... The last age I look thin is 8. I don't think I'm FAT now after some loss. Still have work to do.
  • jillica
    jillica Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    I've never been the thin girl, but I wasn't the big girl.

It is funny that I'm trying so hard NOW to get the body that I wasn't hapy with back THEN.
  • shandylove
    Options
    never....going to be, though!
  • exquisitecadavre
    Options
    Yeah, I've never really been thin. In high school I was about a 16, and right now I would love to be that size again, and even in college when I lost a lot of weight, I only managed to get to a size 12.

It's funny, like some others of you, I am shooting to get back down to what I hated in high school for starters!
  • AmandaP_23
    Options
    I'm currently 219 lbs and this is the thinnest I've been since the 7th grade. I've never known what thin is and I'm very well on my way to making that change.
  • fastfoodietofitcutie
    Options
    Never been thin. High school I think I was in a 16/18. I thought that was huge. Def wish I could be that size now. I'm not looking to be skin and bones. But I would like to be significantly smaller than I am right now.

This. It's funny how in high school I thought I was so big and I would kill to be that size now.
  • SquidVonBob
    SquidVonBob Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Nope. Never been thin. But every day is fun now because every day I lose weight I'm the lightest I've ever been.
  • missxjuicy
    missxjuicy Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    me never.. I think I was always fat. my parents overfed me lol. I don't think Ive ever wore jeans under a size 9. Im ready to be thinner but, not a stick either.
  • FitCowgirl8
    FitCowgirl8 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I have always been the "big" one in all of my groups of friends throughout my life. I have never been happy with my weight and I would love to finally know how it feels to confidently wear a bikini :)
  • NavyKnightAh13
    NavyKnightAh13 Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    *raises hand* I have been overweight all my life. My weight has always been off the growth charts, even in my teenage years (which ironically what i weigh right now i haven't weighed since middle school) and adult life i started at 214 and my highest was 243 back in 2011 before I found out I was pregnant.

I have never had a flat stomach, have always had big knockers (though now they aren't as big) and was always chubby. Couldn't tell ya what its like to wear a bikini because i have never worn one, I don't know what single digit jeans are (I'm in size 14's currently) never wore a spaghetti strap shirt till i was 23. There is a lot I haven't experienced because I have been overweight.

But I will get there one day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • SmileyFaceGuy
    Options
    I'm 24. I've been overweight since I was, like, 7. I was obese by the time I was in high school, and I still am, although I am at my lowest weight of my adult life (215 lbs.; highest was 260). I cannot even imagine what it will be like to be thin... Being overweight is just part of who I am; it's like I'll be a new person. Hopefully I will be, too. :P