How many here have "never been thin"

Options

Replies

• Superchas
    Superchas Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Sure

Even when I reach my target weight BMI will be 25 as it was when I was 18.
    Carried a lot of excess pounds well because of my height and then boom I was the size of a house and BMI of 45+

But before I started MFP I believed in concept of never.

"It is you who control calorie intake and calories burned and nobody else" (Albert Einstein)

"I always love to quote Albert Einstein because nobody dares to contradict him." (Studs Terkel)

Good luck
  • mbellot05
    mbellot05 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I have never been thin. I weigh 344 right now, and I am 5' 8", and have a medium to large frame I guess. I was around 230 when I was in college, and eventhough I was not thin I was much more mobile, and I played sports. My current goal is to get to 170, and it will be tough, but my biggest sign of success will not be the scale, but what I can do with my body. I want to be able to run 2 miles in under 16 minutes, and do pull-ups. So thin is important to me, but just as important is what can I do with my body.

Best of luck!
  • amarna13
    amarna13 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    For the majority of my life I've been heavy. I started gaining weight when I was 12 and haven't been thin since that point. Before that I was a stick of a child but then I overate from depression and it all went to hell. My whole family on my mom's side is overweight for the most part and I'm tired of hearing that "it's just genetics", no I may never be a size 0, and I don't want to be, but there's no reason I can't be a healthy weight!
  • amarna13
    amarna13 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Me, I have always been big & as I'm only 5'2", I look like a little bouncy ball. I've decided that this year, is the year it changes.

Ha! Just read this and it made me laugh. I can so relate. I'm only 5'1 and look ridiculously round all too often it seems when I see myself in the mirror.
  • Amberonamission
    Amberonamission Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I was "thin" for about 10 min when I was 18 and starved myself for 3 weeks. Nothing but chicken bullion and cucumbers. The second i put regular food in my mouth, BAM back to a size 14US. I held on to that size 14 til I had a kid. I am a stone throw from that 14 again. Swimming swimming, just keep swimming.
  • VitVit18
    VitVit18 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I've never been very overweight, but I've never been thin either. As far back as I can recall (since I was about 11 or 12), I sort of spurted overnight and I don't even remember being in a single digit size (US sizing). Actually, this is the first time since I was in at least the 6th or 7th grade that I've fit into a size 10!
  • Mlkmaid
    Mlkmaid Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Me. I was 9 lbs. at birth back in the day when women didn't have 9 lb. baby girls! Thanks, Mom. I have always been what they used to call plump or chubby. Never thin. Good, hearty German stock. When I was in grade school and really all through high school I was one of the very, very few chunky girls. It's really startling when you compare it to today where so many teens are overweight. And, of course, now I would kill to be as chunky as I was at 16. I was a size 7 or 9 for pete's sake! Nowadays that would be considered great. My how times have changed. We as a societey need to figure out what we're doing to our food system because I really believe it's a worldwide problem.
  • smittybuilt19
    smittybuilt19 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    I've been overweight since third grade, and I also look like a turtle without a shell, an overweight turtle. So yea, "never been thin," currently at 180 lbs. I'm the lightest I've been in my adult life. I love MFP!!!

Oh yea, and I was also tired of hearing, "Well that's just how our family is built," BS.
  • montana_girl
    montana_girl Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    Me! I was overweight in grade school and high school... and obese through my twenties and thirties. But I gotta say, now that I've lost weight.... I'm lovin' my 40's! :laugh:
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    Not in my adult life. I was a skinny ****er up till about 12/13 years old, normal weight up to about 14/15 and then BAM medical issues, college, reduced exercise and alcohol ;D
  • darkguardian419
    darkguardian419 Posts: 1,302 Member
    Options
    The only time I was "skinny" I still weighed 190lbs, and that was for about four months during the end of bootcamp and a little bit after.
  • montana_girl
    montana_girl Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    Me, I have always been big & as I'm only 5'2", I look like a little bouncy ball. I've decided that this year, is the year it changes.

As someone who is also 5'2, I can relate! LOL
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    *Raises hand*

I see some photos of myself in my early teens and I wonder how I could have hated myself so much. My peers would still call me fat even though I was of a normal weight, so I ate like I was fat. And here I am. Kinda wish I could go back and grow a backbone before a gigantic stomach.
  • marjesakie
    Options
    I've never been thin either. Going back to baby pictures, I was always chubby. I want to get to the point, where I can actually feel comfortable. It may not be the perfect size and weight, but it'll be the perfect "me"
  • stfuriada
    stfuriada Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Yep.

My whole family believes that feeding children is a sign of love. I was very loved, and am now paying for it.
  • tinak33
    tinak33 Posts: 9,883 Member
    Options
    I had a few years when I was a scrawny kid, and then gained a ton of weight. There were a few years in my late teens early 20s when I was more of a healthy weight, but I was NEVER thin.....

I probably will never be thin. I have always been curvy. Granted, those curves have been "emphasized" most of my life... hahaha But I have never been thin except when I was maybe 7-8...
  • dizy17
    dizy17 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    i have never been thin so i am excited to see what i would look like if i were. that motivates me to FINALLY do it!
  • Quiggs1982
    Options
    I was thin until I was about 5. Then, I gained and have spent the rest of my life overweight.

I can't wait to see what thin is like.
  • IAmAOneManArmy
    IAmAOneManArmy Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Always been the big guy 6'4 size 18 shoe since high school wearing size 15 in middle school...
  • bigdaddyfluff
    bigdaddyfluff Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I know exactly what it's like to have "that body type". I know that I will never be thin, which I'm ok with. I have a huge head so I'd look top heavy anyways. But I feel your pain man.
    If you want a friend that's been in the same boat all his life feel free to add me. Us "never been thins" have to unite.