100 Push ups challenge starts Mon 14th Jan

Options
Anyone fancy doing the 100 push ups plan with me?

http://hundredpushups.com/#sthash.0T9PFipm.dpbs

http://www.pushupslogger.com/plog/signup

You don't need the app or facebook.

I shall be starting Monday 14th January 2013 and the final challenge date will be the 25th February where I hope to log in after doing 100 push ups!

Replies

• scythswife
    scythswife Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    I will do it with ya. I suck at them and really need to work on them.
  • troyk87
    troyk87 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I just signed up for the plan and will do it with ya too. 100 push ups by Feb 25th...sounds like fun.
  • clover5
    clover5 Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    Challenge accepted.
  • martinh78
    martinh78 Posts: 601
    Options
    Cool :)

I've signed up to the logger with my user name from here, so you should be able to find me from that.

If you do your initial test and then log your result here we can see where we are starting from:

http://hundredpushups.com/test.html#sthash.wB29Rdu3.dpbs

Remember, they only count if you maintain good form!
  • martinh78
    Options
    Mine was 12, so I rank at "2".

Only 88 more to go :noway:
  • troyk87
    troyk87 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Initial test = 35 so level #3
  • clover5
    clover5 Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    Okay pals, I did 10 pushups on my initial test which surprised the heck out of me. Level 2.

Still trying to figure out the logging part.
  • martinh78
    Options
    Wow Troy, your nearly half way there already!

Clover, have you registered at the log-in page? If not you can log here instead. Maybe we should all do that anyway (put our final max down for each day)?
  • scythswife
    scythswife Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    made it to 18 and am starting on level 3

i have to do girlie ones though but thats an improvement as I used to have to do wall push ups. Apparently my wrists r starting to get stronger. yay
  • PurpleBeaniebaby
    PurpleBeaniebaby Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hi guys :D I'm in if you will have me, I've joined the logger as purplepumpkin and have just done the initial test. I managed 9 so I'm starting on level 2. I know 9 is not very many but I managed them all with proper form on my toes! I started martial arts (kuk sool won) a few months ago and really need to up my ability on the push ups to keep up better in training so hoping the programme will help me with that :D Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • lombrica
    lombrica Posts: 1,419 Member
    Options
    I keep talking about wanting to do this, and have started a couple of times and NEVER stuck with it... I'll try again! :)

On the Logger with the same screen name.

... had been doing NROLFW a while back, and it says that "girlie" pushups (i.e. on your knees) doesn't really do you any good, so it suggests doing them at different inclines until you can get to regular military style (i.e. "guy pushups")... So, I'm going to probably do this at a slight incline for the first 6 weeks through - then see if I can move into the "guy pushups" and do another 6 weeks... maybe...

**runs off to search house for where a good incline could be to use for each session with a smile on face**

** FOUND IT!! :) I have my incline!! **
  • cyberblonde
    cyberblonde Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I am tempted, but 100 sounds so many (for a woman) or am I being sexist!?

I will give it a go. I can do 8 in 30 secs (on my toes with a break after the first 6) during the middle of a circuit class when I am absolutely knackered so I should be able to do more with more energy. I would try now but I have just had a rather large roast!

I will post tomorrow what I can currently do. Am I allowed breaks, small ones? I presume you are all doing quite quick ones as slow ones are harder and I presume it is all the way down - no cheating and doing mini ones!
  • cyberblonde
    Options
    I have just read the blurb, looking forward to tomorrow!
  • cyberblonde
    Options
    Just did 17 full ones, quite pleased so level 3
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Great idea, I've hit a real plateau with bench press so this might be the way to make a break through.
    Did it in my 20's but that's 30 years ago now!
    Never too old to be stupid.... :happy:
  • lousoulbody
    lousoulbody Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Wow Troy, your nearly half way there already!

Clover, have you registered at the log-in page? If not you can log here instead. Maybe we should all do that anyway (put our final max down for each day)?

Im in, i would like to log in here if that ok?

Cheers!:drinker:
  • DouMc
    DouMc Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    I think i will give this a go tomorrow but I think I will be on level one because I can barely do 2 push ups at the minute. Ah well, I can only improve from here!
  • Chamhinkle
    Chamhinkle Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    This is a great idea Martin

I just did my initial test and was able to do 43 so I'm rank 4.

Good luck everyone
  • SavannahSpeir
    Options
    Just downloaded. Can't wait to start!!
  • marvybells
    marvybells Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    NO! This sounds like torture! :laugh: