100 Push ups challenge starts Mon 14th Jan

Options

Replies

• PriceK01
    PriceK01 Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I'm starting at level one, as I could only manage 6, but I don't think I made it down far enough on them. Same username as here :)
  • andilynn82
    andilynn82 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I'm going to be doing wall push ups, but I'm in. Hoping to move on to incline and then the real thing by the end of this year! On the logger with the same username.
  • Hbazzell
    Hbazzell Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    10 pushups would kill me....i dont think I will get to 100 but I will try with you guys.
  • joshplus
    joshplus Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm game to try it! I'm doing

I just made 26 on the initial test which puts me in level 3. I wouldn't have guessed I'd qualify for something called level 3 fitness :-)
  • Strangelyinsane
    Strangelyinsane Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Oh man...I've been meaning to do this for a month and now I've been challenged.....ok.....your on.
  • MoonShadow_1au
    MoonShadow_1au Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Last night I found a 100 pushup pull out of a mens mag (Mens Style I think) andit had a plan to build up.

I last did 100 pushup (probably really badly) as part of a surf club challenge in our patrol (a few years ago now). After 100 pushups I was buried so far in the sand I only had 1 couple of inches clearance.

Will check this out later tonight.

Thanks for the motivation.
  • dnish53
    dnish53 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I'm in. Just looked at the plan which seemed very doable.
  • azanne07
    Options
    Anyone fancy doing the 100 push ups plan with me?

http://hundredpushups.com/#sthash.0T9PFipm.dpbs

http://www.pushupslogger.com/plog/signup

You don't need the app or facebook.

I shall be starting Monday 14th January 2013 and the final challenge date will be the 25th February where I hope to log in after doing 100 push ups!
    im in if the site lets me log in
  • Alohathin
    Alohathin Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    *sigh* I used to be able to do nearly 200 pushups in 2 minutes, when I was in the Army. I'm guessing I'll be at about a tenth of that now. But, I'm up for the challenge.
  • Malcah1
    Malcah1 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I'm in!
  • Malcah1
    Malcah1 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Level 2.... Here goes!!
  • Alohathin
    Alohathin Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Ok, I did 23. Level 3. 'bout what I expected. Looking forward to this.
  • WAnnB
    WAnnB Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Yep, I'm in.
  • AggieFan2011
    AggieFan2011 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    I could only do 7 on the initial test so I'm starting at a level 2. :frown: I'm excited to try this though! I heard about it a while back, but never really looked into it. I just signed up on the site!
  • Bolthouse26
    Bolthouse26 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I signed up as well with my same username as MFP. God knows I can use some upper body strength so I guess this is good for me. I am all game. Nervous and excited! :bigsmile:
  • angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,815 Member
    Options
    this sounds fun, Ill do it :)
    and day 1 done, im starting at level 3
  • daemperor
    Options
    Hi,

I'm doing push ups each day, but when i log it in my exercise, I don't get any extra calories and each push up is equivalent to 1 calorie for my weight of 198 lbs.

Does anyone know how to change this.

Thanks

Tony
  • PurpleBeaniebaby
    PurpleBeaniebaby Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Week 1 day 1 complete - 8 on final set.
  • martinh78
    martinh78 Posts: 601
    Options
    Wow, quite a few takers! Welcome all, and a reminder that the challenge starts today :tongue:

I shall be logging mine here as well as on the logger. I think logging here will be a good motivator for others?

For me, day one, finished at 8 on final set.

Good luck everyone!

PS: I am also using this plan to do pull-ups at the same time, so have made a routine out of it. My pull-ups are at level 1 though!
  • martinh78
    martinh78 Posts: 601
    Options
    I know 9 is not very many but I managed them all with proper form on my toes!

I think 9 is pretty good to be honest, the improtant thing, as you have said, is doing them all with proper form (on toes, inclined, on kness or against a wall to start with).