NEW SHRED GROUP-DAY 11

Options

Replies

• mmrose00
    mmrose00 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY to all the shredders bangin it out!!! We are doing it BABY!!!

D14L2 DONE... and got in a 3.5 mile walk...Can't believe it, one more day and I'm half way there!!!

Can you believe it Shredders we ARE doing it!!!!

Planks getting better..who would have thought! Those plank push ups are a lost cause for me, right now at least. Perhaps I can revisit them later although I have managed to get down in the push up but the getting back is always pathetic! :noway:

I am kinda liking the plank jumping jacks.. they are much better now!

Keep on Shredding Shredders, we are almost there!!!:flowerforyou:
  • barty
    barty Posts: 729
    Options
    Hi Shredders!!!!!! Just done L2 D18 ...... only 2 more days then OMG L3 !!!!!! Still finding parts of L2 hard esp. the abs with straight legs lift, I struggle to take my legs down anywhere near the floor and bring back up!!!!
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    getting ready to do l1d8 of the shred while supper cooks. :) good job everybody!
  • crmldlyte
    crmldlyte Posts: 64
    Options
    Skipped shredding on Saturday to hang with some friends but Jillian had her way with me a few minutes ago D13L2. Anything "plank" related still sucks & doubt it will ever get better. I broke my shoulder in a motorcycle crash in '07 and I still have issues with that arm. I dont have full range of motion can sure as heck cant support my weight while trying to "walk it out". I do the best I can but I already know I'll never be able to do more than the "anita" style plank exercises.

I'm headed to Nashville for work tomorrow but will have my DVD in tow! I hate you Jillian! LOL
  • karen366
    karen366 Posts: 141
    Options
    I think I pull a muscle in my shoulder shredding this morning..I know exactly when I did it..it was during the second segment of plank jacks and I rested for a sec..I leaned back a little bit and my shoulder popped..it was a little sore when I went to work(I took some Advil..) it's still hurting tonight..hopefully it will feel better tomorrow...I've gone 16 days straight..it's hard to miss a day..lol
  • karmasBFF
    karmasBFF Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Good morning ALL!

Sorry I wasnt on this weekend! As your "leader" (hehehe) I should be posting for you all everyday! It was a crazy weekend and I am sick and TOM finally arrived.

But you are all doing a great job staying focused, pushing yourselves and getting it in! Just keep thinkin about those great results after only 10 days and imagine how many more will be off within these 10 days!

As a group, you have a 25+ inch loss in just 10 DAYS! That is amazing!

Keep up the great work!
  • Andi_Mo
    Andi_Mo Posts: 243
    Options
    DRUM ROLL PLEASE........................................................ The results from my first 10 days on Level 1 of the Shred are :smile:

Weight 296......291 ....5LBS BABY!!!

Bust 48.5 ..................48
    Waist (belly button) 51.5...............48.5
    Hips 55.5.........................................55
    Left thigh 33....................................32
    Right thigh 33.................................32
    Left arm 15.5..................................15
    Right arm 15..................................14

TOTAL = DOWN 7.5 inches WOOOOOOOO
    DOWN 5 LBS in 10 days!!! WOHOOOOOOOOOOO!!! :blushing:

I did L1D1 today because of this! You are doing so well! Congrats and you are such an inspiration!
  • karen366
    Options
    L2D7.......17 days in a row! I will admit my shoulder is sore..so on the second set of plank jacks I did regular jumping jacks instead...but I kept moving!

3 more days.....some happy news...yesterday I was able to completely button up a medium work shirt! It was getting too tight(couldn't button 2 buttons in the middle) and I had moved to a large...now the medium is still tight and I still have a way to go before I would actually wear it to work, but I can button it!

We have to embrace the small successes to appreciate the large ones!
  • karen366
    Options
    DRUM ROLL PLEASE........................................................ The results from my first 10 days on Level 1 of the Shred are :smile:

I did L1D1 today because of this! You are doing so well! Congrats and you are such an inspiration!

Welcome to our group...check in often! There are some amazing people here. We'd love to see your progress!
  • mmrose00
    Options

AWWWWWWW I'm SO glad that I inspired you to start Shredding .. HOW WAS IT???

btw.. WELCOME to the group!!! :flowerforyou:

Keep up the GREAT work!!!! It's a wonderful workout!!!!

GET IT GIRLLLLLLLLL!!! :wink:
  • barty
    barty Posts: 729
    Options
    Hi guys, Well.... for a change I did the shred in the morning today and boy was it a struggle!!!! perhaps it was because I hadn't had my breakfast or perhaps it was because I hadn't left much time between shredding or perhaps i'm just a night time person!!! whatever the reason I will try it again tomorrow morning and that will be my last day on L2 Yahooo But OHHHH NO it will be on to L3 HELP!!!!
  • mmrose00
    Options
    L2D7.......17 days in a row! I will admit my shoulder is sore..so on the second set of plank jacks I did regular jumping jacks instead...but I kept moving!

3 more days.....some happy news...yesterday I was able to completely button up a medium work shirt! It was getting too tight(couldn't button 2 buttons in the middle) and I had moved to a large...now the medium is still tight and I still have a way to go before I would actually wear it to work, but I can button it!

We have to embrace the small successes to appreciate the large ones!

Awww man Karen.. sorry to hear about your shoulder! Don't rough it up too much!!! BUT you are still banging it out, your my "SHERO"!!! :drinker:

Keep it up!! We are almost there!!!
  • mmrose00
    Options
    So this cold is really making it tough to breathe, but there was NO way I was going 3 days without working out. Not working out Thurs & Fri was bad enough so I put the shred on & did L2D1. I must say I actually like it better than level 1, the only thing I didn't like in it was the circuit one plank position where you jump in (forget what it's called I guess the cold took my memory with it today). They weren't toooooo bad, but I just didn't like the position and I wasn't a big fan of the walking pushups either... I didn't really feel a workout from them, but just felt uncomfortable walking in and standing up.

I actually like the plank jacks, which I was afraid of since everyone says they didn't like them. Not sure if I was just imagining them to be much worse or what, but I liked them a lot and felt the workout in my arms and abs.

I like the ab workouts in this level much better, but does anyone else have this problem.... whenever it comes to doing any ab work that involves lifting my butt off the ground, it hurts my tailbone. Maybe I just have a really pointy tailbone or something because even with carpet flooring and a mat down it feels like my tailbone is griding into the floor. So for circuit 2 abs when you lift your butt off the ground, it really is painful for me. Any ideas why this is happening or how I can modify it so it won't hurt but still get the same ab workout?

And by the end of circuit 3 my arms were definitely burning! But I'm excited to do it again tomorrow!

L2D11 Check! Definitely sweating more than L1 despite not finishing every circuit (ooh those V raises...ouchie).

Try putting a small pillow under your tailbone, I heard that suggestion in a different video so I don't think it would make the move less effective. Just make sure it's not real poofy. Or, remember that commercial where the kid stuffs a bunch of Charmin into his pants? ;)

I feel basically the same as you...that walking down to pushups just annoys me and hurts my lower back. Maybe I'll just do girly pushups instead. By the end though my shoulder was dead and about to give out so I went back to the bicycle crunches from L1. I'll keep trying though!

Ok I did in fact watch a youtube video and did my measurements so here we go:

Chest: 36
    waist: 32.8
    hips: 41.8
    right thigh: 22.6
    left thigh: 22.4
    right bicep: 10.8
    left bicep: 11

And a big PS to mmrose: I've never heard of an IMPROMPTU 5k before! LOL...you are so inspiring and so strong!! Rock ON!

THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Keep up the GREAT WORK!!!!!!
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    Ok I pooped out and did yoga this morning..I slept really poorly and woke up grumpy and I think I would have smashed my TV if i'd put Jillian on there. It's a good thing The Biggest Loser is back on so I can remember why she's awesome and not just that evil wench trying to kill me at 4:30am.

Tomorrow L2D2 for sure...keep it going everyone!!! Love this group :smooched:
  • pmaria10
    pmaria10 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    Hey guys...
    So, this weekend I'm headed out to Phoenix, AZ 12th-14th. I want to keep shredding....so this is my plan: i will take my laptop, dvd, weights, and mat to keep myself going. I just hope I stick to it and keep it up throughout the weekend.

Otherwise JM will kick my *kitten* when i return.
    Yipes!
  • Jerzeebabie04
    Options
    Didn't wake up early enough this morning to shred and as much as I didn't want to do anything when I got home, I made myself do it! I'm still using 3 lb weights for circuit 1 & 3, but use the 5 lb weights for circuit 2. I'm really not liking the jump rope part of course and the plank pushups aren't too bad I can actually walk out & back with my legs straight now, but can't manage to do the pushup part haha.

Anyone know what I can do for my knee? I have no idea when I hurt it but now during workouts it starts to hurt more. For the second section of the jump rope I was basically jumping on one leg cause the other knee hurt too bad! It's really bugging me because it's not too sore when I walk or anything else, just during workouts.
  • mmrose00
    Options
    Hey guys...
    So, this weekend I'm headed out to Phoenix, AZ 12th-14th. I want to keep shredding....so this is my plan: i will take my laptop, dvd, weights, and mat to keep myself going. I just hope I stick to it and keep it up throughout the weekend.

Otherwise JM will kick my *kitten* when i return.
    Yipes!

This is what I do do when I travel as well.. Just do it first thing in the a.m to get it out of the way!!

GET IT!!!:flowerforyou:
  • mmrose00
    Options
    Didn't wake up early enough this morning to shred and as much as I didn't want to do anything when I got home, I made myself do it! I'm still using 3 lb weights for circuit 1 & 3, but use the 5 lb weights for circuit 2. I'm really not liking the jump rope part of course and the plank pushups aren't too bad I can actually walk out & back with my legs straight now, but can't manage to do the pushup part haha.

Anyone know what I can do for my knee? I have no idea when I hurt it but now during workouts it starts to hurt more. For the second section of the jump rope I was basically jumping on one leg cause the other knee hurt too bad! It's really bugging me because it's not too sore when I walk or anything else, just during workouts.

I noticed today that my knees were hurting me as well, could be from all of those jumping jacks, squats, lunges, oblique twistie thingies and the jump rope..(could also be from running, for me that is). I just think her workouts are hard on the knees. I actually googled it a while ago, and many people complained about knee pains.. I recently started using new sneakers which helped a lot.. The shock absorbers I suppose.

Keep pressing on!!! :happy:
  • mmrose00
    Options
    Ok I pooped out and did yoga this morning..I slept really poorly and woke up grumpy and I think I would have smashed my TV if i'd put Jillian on there. It's a good thing The Biggest Loser is back on so I can remember why she's awesome and not just that evil wench trying to kill me at 4:30am.

Tomorrow L2D2 for sure...keep it going everyone!!! Love this group :smooched:

Yeah 4:30am with Jillian!! I salute you!!! :drinker:

Keep it up! Your doing GREATTT!
  • mmrose00
    Options
    D15L2 DONE YAYYYYYYY!!! Halfway there!!! 5 more days in this level.. I think I am going to take a one day break (for real this time) :noway: Tomorrow I'm back to C25K training and Wednesday night I'm taking my first Zumba class - I CAN'T wait!!!! I hear it's such a blast! This particular class is really like a party... something like 200 people in the classroom! I will have a FULL report Wednesday night :)!

Keep Shredding Shredders!!!!!:flowerforyou: