What is wrong with people??!!??!?!?!

12345679»

Replies

• wow !!
  • elenathegreat
    elenathegreat Posts: 3,988 Member
    Because an abdominal port is so much more attractive that all that nasty flab...
  • rgohm
    rgohm Posts: 294 Member
    Wow this almost sounds like the "mickey" my niece has but she has cerebral palsy and cannot eat herself so that is how she gets fed. She is 11 I can't imagine anyone having the choice would l want anything similar. Sickening!!
  • icimani
    icimani Posts: 1,454 Member
    Yuck!

It's amazing that people will do these crazy things ( tapeworms?!) but then won't try simple things like getting enough rest and staying hydrated.
  • OnionMomma
    OnionMomma Posts: 938 Member
    Is this like a cosmetic g-tube surgery? I thought those were only reserved for the very ill. My son had one because he couldn't eat. They are meant to feed the person, not drain them! That's just horrible!

My son had a G tube as well and I thought the same thing.

FWIW there is some DRs office somewhere that places NG tubes in grown adults for the sole purpose of the patient losing weight.

It was a HUGE topic on a Ped. GERD site I help moderate.
  • wmoomoo
    wmoomoo Posts: 159 Member
    What type of Chinese food?

This is gross thou. Why bother eating if you are going to let the food out before it is digested.
  • monicalosesweight
    monicalosesweight Posts: 1,173 Member
    I heard about that one. They said on the radio that during testing Cauliflower would stop it up so that was one they were told not to eat. Potatoes would do the same thing. Imagine that - a device that doesn't let you eat healthy because the tube gets plugged up. Ick.

Monica
  • FitnessPalWorks
    FitnessPalWorks Posts: 1,128 Member
    Bulimia for the lazy.

That was my first thought, too.

Then this was my 2nd thought: :noway:
  • Jay Leno mentioned this in his opening monologue last night - gross. my sister died from a bad gastric bypass surgery. don't like any of this cr**.
  • xxnellie146xx
    xxnellie146xx Posts: 996 Member
    Demonstration of the aspire assist aspiration therapy system. These doesn't seem like something you should be doing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLnh4RqAqB8
  • LE193
    LE193 Posts: 23
    So there are people dying every matter of seconds from starvation, and now people are gonna drain food out of their stomachs, that they have just eaten, to avoid gaining weight.
    What a waste!!!
  • Wouldn't being anorexic be easier and cheaper?
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Is this like a cosmetic g-tube surgery? I thought those were only reserved for the very ill. My son had one because he couldn't eat. They are meant to feed the person, not drain them! That's just horrible!

Not true. G-tubes are often used for draining. For people with severe GI problems a g-tube can be used to pump contents out of the stomach to prevent damage to the esophagus from prolonged or frequent vomiting.

G-tubes are also not very prone to infection.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    So there are people dying every matter of seconds from starvation, and now people are gonna drain food out of their stomachs, that they have just eaten, to avoid gaining weight.
    What a waste!!!

I'm certainly not promoting this weight loss idea, but I don't see how pumping the food out is any more wasteful than overeating in the first place. Whether you digest it or pump it, the food is still wasted.