*** Supportive Friends -- Looking to Release 50+ Pounds ***

Options

Replies

• xxjolandexx
    Options
    Hi BrookeBoule,
    Thank you for your kind words. I'm glad someone else knows what I'm going through when it comes to asthma! I had my speromitary test last week, I have the lungs of a 40 yearl old and I'm 23!
    I'm not going to let it get me down though things will get better, congratulations on your weight loss that's amazing, I'm glad we've similar goals, Looking forward to catching up with you and your progress :-)
  • PotScrubber
    PotScrubber Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Good Morning everyone! TGIF! :smile:

Just a quick post from me. I've got to run all over town today getting groceries and running errands. I try to get out early so I'm not caught in so much traffic and am getting ready to leave the house shortly. Waving to everyone and hope you all have a great day! See you all later this afternoon. :flowerforyou:
  • ron2e
    ron2e Posts: 606
    Options
    Well I only see ladies but what the hell I'm going to jump in (some of my best friends are ladies so I'm not superstitious!).

My target was to lose between 140 and 150 and I started about 6 weeks ago. I have lost 20 lbs so far as of last weekend, travelling on business this week, so next weigh in Sunday morning, and praying another 2 or 3 lbs has dropped off by then,,,,,,,,

I'm too old to perv (believe that if you will) and have a weird sense of humour but am otherwise presentable, sexy and just downright nice (so my dog tells me as he humps my leg).
  • stephaniezoundi
    stephaniezoundi Posts: 1,148 Member
    Options
    Ron: Welcome! We had a bloke or two on the original thread and it was great! You've made a really good start.:smile:

Potscrubber: sounds like a busy day! Morning :smile:

5Jmommy: 5 kids = superhero! I have my first and find it all hard, so hats off to you :happy:

Today has been good so far. I got the exercise in first thing this morning so I can just enjoy baby girl and my cross-stitching for the rest of the day. Weather has turned crappy so we are indoors for the day and both of us are still in jammies (I of course changed after the workout into clean ones). Can't believe next week is my last week at home before going back to work (the upside is I go back for 2.5 days and then it is the Easter holidays for 2+ weeks). Hope you all have a great day, gotta get stitching :flowerforyou:
  • kamiAK
    kamiAK Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Hello ~waves~

I am looking to lose another 50 pounds...i have been working pretty hard this year and lost some lbs. this week has been bad for me and i just feel like i have to get a grip or i am going to spin out of control. I feel like i need more than the usual ...way to go ...good burn and so on. so i thought i would make a post here. i have been working out to Jillian Micheal's videos i have to be careful because my left knee hurts a lot and i cant have a full on injury because then i wont be able to work out at all.

i seem to do really well when i don't have bad stuff in the house...but i have been weak to all the Easter candy...and i get a little candy and it turns into another bad choice.

i was looking on the net last night and i came across this body scan of a 120 lb woman and one of a 250 lb woman. it's just scary...it will leave your mouth hanging open...check it out on my profile under my pics. things like this seem to help me..i did this when i quit smoking....looked for pics of bad lungs and the like. ~shivers~ i am 5 years smoke free as of April 29. I think i will print out that pic.

so...thats all for now
  • xxjolandexx
    Options
    Afternoon all!
    How are your days going so far?!
    Day 2 for me and so far so good, it's always the first week that's the hardest. I find myself going to bed early just so I. Don't get tempted to eat what I shouldn't be eating.

What are some of the ways you keep your cravings under control?

X
  • ron2e
    Options
    jolande, I found the perfect solution after many false starts - hypnotherapy. One treatment and I ditched all the biscuits (cookies) and potato crisps I was eating between meals and I've eaten very little of either since. It has somehow taken away my craving so I can sit in a conference room all day with a plate of chocolate biccies on the table and not want to go anywhere near them. Before I'd be biting peoples' hands off as they reached for one :happy:

kami, that scan is truly frightening and it is me (if I had a sex change of course)

I'm sitting in an airport lounge in Vienna on my way back to the UK from Slovakia and so far today I have eaten about 500 calories. I won't get home till 10pm tonight so I'm going to have real problems eating my allowance today. Never mind, I'll be able to have a bit extra tomorrow to make up I guess. This is where the danger lies though, there are some interesting, and fattening, looking cakes and things available, but so far I've stuck to a Beef consomme and a banana.............
  • xxjolandexx
    Options
    Sounds like a great idea Ron! I was sat in a 3 hour long course today and I swear I could hear the shortbread talking to me!! It took a lot of strength to stick to my water and fennel herbal tea but I did it! Ha yay me!
  • _tru_
    _tru_ Posts: 96
    Options
    Hello everyone. I am just finishing up week 2. As planned, tomorrow I will officially start working out. YIKES! It has been a long time, but I am looking forward to it! Wish me luck!

I wish everyone a wonderful weekend! Keep up the great work everyone!!

I agree with @PotScrubber. I had some time to read through your older thread and I should have taken notes! Wowza! But the best part is to see how supportive you all are!!

@Kami - congrats on 5 years of being smoke-free! That's great! I have not smoked myself, but my brother was a smoker for over 20 years and finally kicked the ciggies to the curb! I watched how hard it was for him, so kudos!

@Steph - oh my goodness! Easter already?! I guess I should check my calendar more often. Thanks for the head's up!

@Jolande - Hang in there! You can do this! You're doing great so far!!

@Ron - Wait. You have a dog that talks?! Welcome. :)
  • xxjolandexx
    Options
    You'll do brilliantly tomorrow, we're all behind you 100%. Hope you enjoy your work out. And thank you, being on here defo is keeping me motivated!! Thanks for your support.
  • brookeboule
    brookeboule Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Wow, good job everyone!

Hi Ron, keep up the good work!

Today was weigh in day and I wasn't expecting much, I got on the scale and got my biggest number yet: 3.8 pounds in one week! I was soo excited. Today is my 60th day tracking and I don't see an end, i feel too good. Even though my stomach has been upset the last couple of days.

Have a good weekend everyone!
  • ron2e
    Options

@Ron - Wait. You have a dog that talks?! Welcome. :)

Doesn't everyone?

Well no, but he has the most expressive eyes and he adores me. Thank goodness someone does! I walked in tonight after being away since last Sunday and all the dogs made a great fuss (we have 5 - don't ask), but my Ollie wouldn't leave me alone. Shame of it is I'm away again on Sunday for another week.
  • ron2e
    Options
    Sounds like a great idea Ron! I was sat in a 3 hour long course today and I swear I could hear the shortbread talking to me!! It took a lot of strength to stick to my water and fennel herbal tea but I did it! Ha yay me!

I have to be honest, I was sat in that damn airline lounge in Vienna this evening with little in my stomach apart from some clear consomme and the peanuts started talking to me. I had a couple of tablespoons full and about half a dozen potato crisps. Shame on me!! However, having arrived home starving, I had a piece of fish out of the freezer and a quick whisky and I'm still well under my allowance to the extent MFP is moaning at me about eating too few calories. What does a damn computer program know anyway! (And I should know, that's my job)

@brooke, 3.8 lbs! wow. That's serious weight loss for a week, I'm aiming for a stone (14 lbs) a month which is 3-3.5 a week but I have a lot to lose! Weighing day for me is tomorrow but I will probably be disappointed as I always retain water when travelling, but Sunday should be better.

Everyone have a good weekend when it reaches your timezone!
  • didifournierblais
    didifournierblais Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi everybody!

My name is Diane and I would like to join your group support since I want to lose around 100 pounds.... I create my account in may 2012 but I only began this january to watch what I eat and track what I'm doing to burn calories. Overall, it's going well for now. Not already gym training since I'm doing outdor sports as skiing but will begin something else soon since the snow is melting rapidly now!

But, I don't know why, I have a strange feeling that this week won't be so productive as the first ones. Last week, I took a small vacation with my 4 kids for their springbreak in wich I continued watching what I ate and we did some cross-country skiing and snow shoeing and I managed to lose 1 pounds despite the two days where I eated too much on family meals with my sisters and their families.

But today, as my weigh-in day (sunday) approach, I'm afraid to lose nothing! I'm not complaining, but I lost so much this far (16 pounds in 6 weeks) that I'm afraid that I will reach a plateau soon... I know it's not a bad thing and I can't explain why I'm worrying so much about it. I already feel that I'll have to shop for new pants as I'm loose in my old ones and that's my first concrete accomplishment. Did you ever worried about reaching a plateau so soon?

I'm a bit confused about this, what do you think of it?

Thank for your feedback, have a great week-end all!
  • kamiAK
    kamiAK Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    @ron....hi..thanks for looking at the pic....and it's me also...what are you doing in vienna?

@xxjolandexx you asked about snacks. the way i do well is to have things planned out....i have the vegetable cut up and in bags and i know what i am going to eat for the day because if i dont then i will go get something that isnt healthy for me. good choices lead to more good choices.
  • ron2e
    Options
    @ron....hi..thanks for looking at the pic....and it's me also...what are you doing in vienna?

@Kami - I do a lot of travelling for my job, I'm a Project Manager and we have a project on the go in Slovakia, easiest way to get there is to fly to Vienna, rent a car and drive about an hour and a half. I see nothing of Vienna of course other than the airport!
  • PotScrubber
    PotScrubber Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone!

:smile: Ron, WTG on your 20 pounds! Love your sense of humor! Your job sounds very exciting.

:smile: Congrats on your new daughter! I bet it's going to be hard going back to work.

:smile: Kami, like you, I need a little more than a few Atta Girls. Fantastic job on being smoke free for 5 years! If you can do that you can surely get this weight loss thing under control!

:smile: Jolande, it takes me a couple of weeks to get in my groove. I start with little changes and baby steps and before long I'm in the zone. I went to bed early last night as well. I was cutting my calories too close and didn't want to be tempted to eat anything else so I grabbed my tablet and started reading. I've got a streak going right now, 25 straight days on plan and I don't want to mess it up! :tongue:

:smile: Tru, congrats on week 2! And yes, I took notes this morning! :laugh:

:smile: Brooke, excellent weigh in!! Super job!

:smile: Didi - congrats on your success so far. I doubt you'll reach a plateau so early but it's likely your losses will start to slow down. It's normal for almost everyone. Don't stress over it and whatever you do, don't give up. As long as you keep working your plan you'll see changes!

Busy day today. Need to get some house cleaning done and squeeze in a few miles with Leslie Sansone at some point along the way. Need to go get some breakfast and get my day started. Hope you all have a great one!
  • penny_eclipse
    penny_eclipse Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Right guys, so I'm being a massive grump right now, and trying really hard not to inflict it on others. Or eat all my feelings...it's a bit hit and miss at the moment, but I don't have a whole lot lot add except my bf is being rather thoughtless this weekend whilst being away, and it's kind of a good thing he's 250miles away and I have a whole week to calm down. Spending time with my smiley this weekend which is nice, but also not great food-wise, but I'll make the best choices I can, and I've planned all the meals for next week, including Sunday lunch.

On the plus side, my breathing issues went away with the really cold weather, so I think it's all to do with that.

Ron, you are awesome, and you're from just up the road from me! Welcome, please stick around! I'm very jealous of all the travelling...but it must also suck quite a lot to not be in one place and get into a routine. Have you tried taking cereal bars/package snacks with you for when you're travelling...I always have Alpen light bars and sainsbury's flavoured popcorn (comes in a multipack of 6) in my bag, and will have that or some fruit if I'm on the go and need to grab something.

Steph, how's the staying on track going *you can do it* cheerleader style.

Everyone else, I hope you're all doing great, I look forward to getting to know you all a bit better soon.
  • ron2e
    Options
    @Penny - Yes I did a contract in Hemel Hempstead in the early 2000's, three years of driving over on a Monday and back on a Friday, fortunately the client paid for hotels, so Herts is not far away at all and just an M25 away from commutable! Fortunately companies are a lot more switched on to working from home now. I actually love travelling and my current contract gives me plenty of opportunity, mainly Europe at the moment but India and Singapore later in the year. I also dislike routine and thrive in chaos so this suits me down to the ground. For example, last Thursday my presence was requested for a meeting in Munich on Monday so quickly booked flights, out tomorrow, back on Monday night. Actually my problem, no, correction, one of my problems, is the amount of entertaining and hotel and restaurant meals I am subject to, so since starting this weight loss journey, I have been extremely careful and try to be as prepared as possible, knowing rough calorie figures for popular foods, knowing which on the menu are likely to be low cal, and avoiding things like fries while eating small helpings. I also try to keep my breakfast low cal, fruit if possible or a couple of boiled eggs, even a fried egg with one bacon rasher is not as bad as you might think. I then use cup-a-soups for lunches instead of trips to canteens with stodgy and fried foods. I carry dried fruit and macadamia nuts in case I need a quick snack and there is nothing else available. So far so good and I really feel I am making good progress.

@PotScrubber, my job probably sounds more interesting than it actually is, but it is right up my street so I enjoy it. I know some of the places I go sound glamorous but most times you see the airport, the office, the hotel, and the drive in between each, no time to do the tourist thing. Difficult to fit in dental appointments, etc, though, when you end up travelling 5 or 6 weeks in a row............
  • didifournierblais
    didifournierblais Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Thanks PotScrubber, I think yesterday was my ''stressing day'' as almost everything was getting on my nerves! Thank for the good words they comfort me....:happy:

Have a great week-end all! :wink: