When do you weigh yourself and how often?

Options
Mlkmaid
Mlkmaid Posts: 356 Member
I've heard "experts" say you should only weigh once a week and at the same time of day each time to get accurate reaults. And others that say every morning is a good idea. Any opinions?

Replies

• seskovich
    Options
    I weigh in once in the morning and once a night. No real reason why, just habit. I know when i weigh in the morning thats probably more accurate since i've been sleeping and not eating or drinking water.
  • 1stday13
    1stday13 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I agree with that. once a week. Weight is up & down day to day. Dr.s, gyms & weight loss programs all recommend no more than once a week:happy:
  • Jewel2169
    Options
    I've read to weigh yourself in the morning after you pee, gives you the most accurate base weight. It also makes you feel the best. :-)
  • SanteMulberry
    SanteMulberry Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    I weigh every morning. I know the experts say to weigh once a week at the same time of day (before breakfast) but I don't get discouraged if one day I'm a little more than the day before. I know that weight fluctuates anyway. But I'm compulsive about charts so I chart it. It's nice to see the data points trending down---which they always do if I don't mess up. Keeps me on track. I consider it a real victory that I did not eat ONE Christmas cookie. I actually lost weight over the month of December.
  • CopyCat1978
    Options
    I weigh myself almost everyday, but only record my weight on Monday mornings.
  • arendas08
    Options
    Once a week is all you should do if your looking to make gains on your goals whether its loosing weight or gaining. I do mine saturdays in the morning with no huge change in clothing(which is important to)
  • Sunrisevalentine
    Sunrisevalentine Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    They say a woman's body weight fluctuates by 4 pounds constantly. I'd do it just once a week. :happy:
  • Mlkmaid
    Mlkmaid Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Thanks to all who replied!
  • icmuse
    icmuse Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    once a week saves my sanity :-)
  • SanteMulberry
    SanteMulberry Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself almost everyday, but only record my weight on Monday mornings.

Now there's an idea! I'll have to adopt it! (No sarcasm. Thanks).
  • New_Jayme
    Options
    I try to wait for once a week but sometimes I get anxious and do it in the middle of the week too.
  • becsnz1
    becsnz1 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I've read to weigh yourself in the morning after you pee, gives you the most accurate base weight. It also makes you feel the best. :-)

Yep and without clothing too. I weigh Monday morning.
  • syddiane09
    syddiane09 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Same here!
  • incredigirl
    incredigirl Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I do it every morning but only cos it gives me inspiration every day knowing im either doing well or doing badly lol but once a wk is prob more recommended hehe x
  • sd_dilligaf
    sd_dilligaf Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Once a week when I wake up and after I pee.
  • Shweet_heart
    Shweet_heart Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I do a lot of my exercising through the Wii (and walking to work!), and with the balance board, it calculates it and records it for me. So, I do that every day. Though, actual weighting and charting myself is done on a proper scale, monday mornings after pee, before my shower.
  • LennyInFlorida
    Options
    Once a week, Saturday morning right when I wake up.
  • llwll
    llwll Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I think I'm typical women - I weigh myself almost every morning ... to control :), but record only on Sundays.
  • weston23
    weston23 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I weigh my self weekly same day same time :) So its pretty well precise. to weigh more than this in a week, you will drive yourself nuts. Weight goes up and down all the time. I have finally got myself off of the weigh myself everyday kick. :)
  • twill68
    twill68 Posts: 84
    Options
    i weigh once a day in the morning before i have eaten or drank anything oh and after i pee:embarassed: gives me the most accurate reading..