When do you weigh yourself and how often?

Options

Replies

• Snapshotgirl
    Snapshotgirl Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I haven't been on a scale in months. I hate them, they are inaccurate and you might actually show a gain if you are turning fat into muscle. I use a pair of pants as a measure. The looser the pants, the better I'm doing.
  • XxfitforeverxX
    Options
    I weigh myself as often as I want. But to find out my EXACT weight, I do it in the morning before I eat or drink anything.
  • SaffSaad
    Options
    I hate those things drove my self crazy. so i weigh myself every month (early morning).
  • reneadoyle
    Options
    I don't weigh myself unless at the doctor office. I judge my weight by how my clothes fit.
  • Legs_McGee
    Legs_McGee Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    I probably weigh myself 4 or 5 times a week - first thing in the morning.
  • KatsFitNow
    KatsFitNow Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I weigh every day because weight fluctuates up and down every day. It has helped me to understand what makes my weight fluctuate, and to emotionally detach myself from the number on the scale. If I gain 2 lbs overnight, I know it's no big deal. If I weighed once a week and saw a 2 lb gain, I'd be wondering what I'd done wrong. If I weigh every day and see a 0.5 lb increase every day for a week, I'd start thinking something wasn't quite right, and adjust my diet.

I weigh first thing in the morning, after using the bathroom, before jumping in the shower.

I'm doing this as well. While weight is not consistent every day I like to see the trends- I would hate to weigh myself once a week if that one day happened to be a "gain day".
  • smittybuilt19
    smittybuilt19 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    Thursday mornings at work. Clothes on, no shoes. The scales read heavier than I actually am, so it's nice knowing that I am a few lbs lighter, but I've been using them since day one so I consider them my standard.
  • sgoodearl
    sgoodearl Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I weigh once a day, in the morning. its probably a bad habit but it helps keep me focused and on track for the day.
  • Dadgerben
    Dadgerben Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I weigh once a day when I'm losing and maybe once a week if I start gaining
  • spunkysuzi
    spunkysuzi Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning! I don't get upset it's just a number but it does help me to stay accountable.
  • deadgirl13
    Options
    i weigh myself every morning when i wake up right after i use the restroom... lol
  • netta78840
    Options
    I weigh myself every other day when I get to work...BTW Im new, just started last week so with my fingers crossed hopefully this will help me with my goals
  • jennaworksout
    jennaworksout Posts: 1,739 Member
    Options
    once a month, weight fluctuates too much on a daily basis
  • tomwatso
    tomwatso Posts: 1,304 Member
    Options
    I weight myself every morning between 5 am and 7 am.
  • RitaSantoss
    RitaSantoss Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    I try to do it every 10 days or so.
  • footiechick82
    footiechick82 Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    I use the fat percentage thing at the gym that does my weight and prints out a bunch of information ONCE a month :)
  • FitbeTMF
    FitbeTMF Posts: 251
    Options
    Never and never.
  • eaqrlene
    Options
    Iweigh myself once a week. usually on saturday. and hope for the best!
  • dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    I threw my scale away. I weigh myself at work no more than every 2 or 3 weeks
  • mmaddocks
    Options
    Try not to weigh yourself too much. Womens weight sees to fluctuate depending on monthly cycles and hormones. I only weigh myself every 2-3 weeks. Go by the feel of your clothing getting looser.