Boyfriend is a Job Jumper

Options

Replies

• NotThePest
    Options
    Baby what you see, is what you get. Don't take on a construction project, it won't work.
  • Pinkgurl13
    Pinkgurl13 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    sounds like a loser, sorry, dump him. you think its bad now? imagine being married to him and having to support him because he has issues.

Exactly.. I don't ever want to support somebody else.
  • sizzle74
    sizzle74 Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    I'm jealous.
  • Natihilator
    Natihilator Posts: 1,778 Member
    Options
    wait, why was he getting fired?
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    I don't think I could marry or have kids with someone that I could not depend on.

I don't know if those are your goals, but I certainly do not think a relationship evaluation is over-reacting.

This. If marriage and kids is in your future plans then rethink. How you going to pay for day care or be a stay at home mom with a job jumper? Or is HE going to become a househusband?

That much instability would make me worried for the future.
  • PhearlessPhreaks
    PhearlessPhreaks Posts: 890 Member
    Options
    Lol. He has actually already worked at Sonic as a GM. Thats the thing... he's 30 years old and has probably had 100 jobs in his life! Its freaking crazy.

Run! Run like the wind and never look back. He will not change.

^That. And all of the above. It is extremely unlikely that, at his age, he will change. Run… unless you're comfortable with being the main provider for your household… some women are. What if you get married? What if you decide you want kids? Who's going to support you while you're on maternity leave? Who's going to take care of the kids before theyre school age?

It comes down to what you want, both in the here and now, as well as the future. If you're looking for a life-partner, binding yourself to this guy gives pause.
  • hearthemelody
    hearthemelody Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    How does he keep getting GM jobs with such a sh!tty track record? Unbelievable

Noo idea! I think he fakes up his Resume to look more reliable.

You can do better. Everyone I know can do better.

Lady if you need a date, I can hook you up.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    I just don't understand how people like that can still keep getting jobs, yet people who have held jobs forever are having such a hard time finding work. Kind of makes me sick.

Yes. This just pisses me off. :explode:
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    people miss the point here..it's clear this guy WANTS to work, OP dosn't say he sits home unemployed all day, but just seems to pick the same kind of job that clearly arn't the right ones for him. does he have any special skills or passions he could tun to??
  • Molly_Maguire
    Molly_Maguire Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    He sounds like a real winner.
  • Pinkgurl13
    Pinkgurl13 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Sooooooo.......he is able to commit to something until it becomes difficult, less-than-fun, or otherwise not EXACTLY what he wants? RUN DON'T WALK, and make sure you have COMPLETELY reliable birth control until you're gone!!!!!! (Cuz the only thing worse than being married to/supporting a chronic loser indefinitely is raising kids-alone?- that grow up to mimic the patterns they've observed in dear ole dad!)

The fact that you posted shows you KNOW this is a big one......... what does he say when you ASK him about his issues staying in a job?

Hope this turns out well for you, in any case.

He says "I will never let a job define me". Uhhh, okayy?
  • Jersey_Devil
    Jersey_Devil Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    He needs to manage a classier joint- like Hooters. I betchya he won't want to get fired or quit from there.
  • Bobby__Clerici
    Bobby__Clerici Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    God love your poor bf....
    I think you already know what to do in spite of your love.
    People are right.
    Move on while you still can. He will never change.
  • melinda200208
    melinda200208 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    I dont think there is any reason in dumping him if you truly love him. Just sit down and talk to him and tell him how you feel. At least he is carrying his own weight! But, yes he needs to step up and find a job he likes to do.
  • scs143
    scs143 Posts: 2,190 Member
    Options
    He needs to manage a classier joint- like Hooters. I betchya he won't want to get fired or quit from there.

Sound advice.
  • HurricaneElaine
    HurricaneElaine Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry, honey - but he sounds like a loser to me. Find someone new.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    When you have been together for 10 years and the sound of his voice starts grating on your nerves and you come home to find him flopped in front of the television while you have worked all day and picked up the kids at daycare, taken them to the gym daycare while you workout, still have to make dinner and play with the kids and get them to bed, and clean and do laundry, and then he wants all your attention in the bedroom, you will wonder WHAT THE HELL WAS I THINKING?
  • Charger440
    Charger440 Posts: 1,474 Member
    Options
    It is possible that he looking for something.........Most "successful" people go through life doing only one job and are completely happy not ever knowing what else is out there. I have had many jobs in my life and they all offered something different. I just can not imagine myself working one job most of my life, it would get so boring and I like challenge. As far as him being a GM, I used to aspire to be a manager but in recent years I have come to understand that I have more time with family and friends when I am not trying to clean the discoloration off my nose. I also sleep a lot better at night knowing what I got I came by honestly. Admitadly I don't have much but what I do have I worked for. Got a lil side tracked there but the point is, Life is to short to spend it doing only one thing and leave the managing to the people that chose to have no life for they are the ones that need to feel "powerful" anyway.
  • melinda200208
    melinda200208 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    Lol. He has actually already worked at Sonic as a GM. Thats the thing... he's 30 years old and has probably had 100 jobs in his life! Its freaking crazy.

Wow! He's 30! You need to tell him he needs to shape up or your leaving him! You dont want him to be like this if you start a family. Then you will really be hurting for money
  • DGK12
    DGK12 Posts: 117
    Options
    I've been there, but I married mine. We were married 9 years, and have just gotten divorced.
    He never held down a solid job, and usually no job at all. Played video games C.O.N.S.T.A.N.T.L.Y and was a seriously devoted deadbeat.
    It was a huge custody battle, over two years long, and an enormous financial, and emotional drain.

IF YOU DON'T LIKE THE BEHAVIOR NOW, GET OUT, OR LEARN TO LIVE WITH IT, BECAUSE YOU CAN NOT CHANGE HIM.
    Personally, I think you should get out, but that's me. Good luck!