For ladies who EAT (a lot) and are actually losing weight

Options

Replies

• av0cad0
    av0cad0 Posts: 20
    Options
    I'm going to add some of you too, as I'm interested in eating more to weigh less, as it's called (:
  • jayliospecky
    jayliospecky Posts: 25,022 Member
    Options
    I'm done with my metabolism reset. Starting Sunday I will begin my healthy lifestyle. My calorie goal will be 1750 ( I did the math with the TDEE and stuff). I'm 5'2 and I was looking for some ladies who eat arounfd the same calories and lose weight.
    What is a metabolism reset? :huh: I have heard that term quite a bit & have no idea what it is or how you do it. Would someone enlighten me Please :flowerforyou:

Well, essentially it is eating at what your TDEE *should* be for a length of time. The idea being that your body will sort of "get used" to the proper amount of food again. So, a metabolism reset is really only something people would do if they've been chronically undereating for a lengthy period of time.

This is a bit of a longer explanation, with other "eat more to weigh less" philosophy:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/521728-upping-cals-what-to-expect-why-you-need-patience
  • jlo9871
    jlo9871 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I am clearly doing something wrong!

I workout everyday at the gym (cardio, circuit machines...about 45-60 minutes).
    I resist temptation (sweets, junk food, soda, etc.)
    I log my food.
    Drink my water.
    Eat about 1300 calories/day.

And, the scale has NOT moved! In fact, I have gained a pound!

HELP!!!
  • Starlage
    Starlage Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    ^^ not eating enough!! Eat a few hundred calories a day more and your body will thank you!
  • 1stday13
    1stday13 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I'm done with my metabolism reset. Starting Sunday I will begin my healthy lifestyle. My calorie goal will be 1750 ( I did the math with the TDEE and stuff). I'm 5'2 and I was looking for some ladies who eat arounfd the same calories and lose weight.
    What is a metabolism reset? :huh: I have heard that term quite a bit & have no idea what it is or how you do it. Would someone enlighten me Please :flowerforyou:

Well, essentially it is eating at what your TDEE *should* be for a length of time. The idea being that your body will sort of "get used" to the proper amount of food again. So, a metabolism reset is really only something people would do if they've been chronically undereating for a lengthy period of time.

This is a bit of a longer explanation, with other "eat more to weigh less" philosophy:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/521728-upping-cals-what-to-expect-why-you-need-patience
    Thank You :flowerforyou:
  • mareeee1234
    mareeee1234 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I am clearly doing something wrong!

I workout everyday at the gym (cardio, circuit machines...about 45-60 minutes).
    I resist temptation (sweets, junk food, soda, etc.)
    I log my food.
    Drink my water.
    Eat about 1300 calories/day.

And, the scale has NOT moved! In fact, I have gained a pound!

HELP!!!

I was a cardio junkie - going to the gym EVERY day doing loads of cardio, and was eating 1300 toooooo. I started to feel like fat loss was stalling or that I may have even gained.
    SO, I just upped my calories yesterday to 1700 (may drop it down to 1550 after a week or so cause I'm only 5'0.5), and am dropping cardio to light cardio once a week, and am starting Stronglifts 5x5 on Monday!! I got this advice from someone very reliable.

You should definitely be eating more and consider a weight training program! I'm hoping for great results !
  • jayliospecky
    jayliospecky Posts: 25,022 Member
    Options

Thank You :flowerforyou:

You're welcome. Not my best explanation, but I think it's my bedtime. I'm blaming it on tired brain. Hopefully it somewhat made sense.
  • Babeskeez
    Babeskeez Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    I am 5' 1" and I eat about 1600. Anyone can add me as well.
  • determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    I'm at about 1800 a day, 5'7" and 189lbs, add me please!
  • rachmass1
    rachmass1 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    5'2" and eat @ 1,700 to lose and 2,000-2,100 to maintain
  • LottieLou13
    LottieLou13 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I'm 5ft 5.5 and currently 167lbs - my diary is set to 1500 which is the minimum I eat (I never go that low though). I lose 1/2lb a week eating 2000 calories a day :drinker:
  • MySunshine76
    Options
    bump
  • supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    I eat around 2,000 a day. I exercise a lot though, so I need to. Working for me!
  • mabelbabel1
    mabelbabel1 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 10 and aim to eat between 1800-2000 depending on exercise.......feel free to add me if you want to....big eaters always welcome! :smile:
  • ToriaStitch
    ToriaStitch Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and my calories are set at about 1500, I struggle to keep at around that but I feel if I don't stick to that I won't loose, It doesn't look that way, so will keep on going the way I am and see what happens

I know I've only been on it a week and I'm happy to loose 1lb a week as I'd rather go slow and steady as I put it on over many years and don't want to loose it quick and then struggle to keep it off

Good luck to everyone :flowerforyou:
  • alexbusnello
    alexbusnello Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2 1/2" and need to gain muscles and have been under eating for a long time now. Lost a lot of my muscles back in February of last year. I'm "skinny-fat" and pretty sure I'm underweight...I'm trying to meet my goals slowly
  • cgirly
    cgirly Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I started 2 weeks ago and knew from the start that I would never manage on 1200. I love food and cooking. I calculated my TDEE and came up with 1600, so decided to stick around that mark, with some form of exercise everyday to compensate for my otherwise completely sedentary lifestyle (I work from home.)

In the last 2 weeks I've lost 6lbs and so am now wondering if I'm actually eating enough. I've redone my calculations on a more detailed spreadsheet which suggest a TDEE of 2270, therefore 1816 calories a day would seem more sensible intake for next week. I will be absolutely thrilled if this works!

Happy if you'd like to add me as a friend
  • LouMonoLou
    Options
    I eat 1500-2000 calories a day. And yes I'm losing weigh like I used to when i was at 1200-1300!

50lbs lost so far ;)
    Feel free to add me :)
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    I eat between 1650 and 2000 a day most days. 5'7" and 125 right now. I'm not trying to lose on the scale. I'm putting on muscle though. It's getting more noticeable in my hamstrings and quads. I've got a long way to go to get the body as lean as I want, but I've dropped from a bf% in the 30s to a bf% in the low 20s in about 13 months. I want to see serious strength and definition by May, but this is a lifetime process. I'm also not going for fitness model look, just "fit" and "I'll know it when I see it."