For ladies who EAT (a lot) and are actually losing weight

Options

Replies

• quietcoral
    quietcoral Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I am 5'9.5", 29 years old. I eat 1550-1600 when I don't exercise and days I exercise I eat up to 2000 calories. Most of my workouts are about an hour long I'd say with a bit of weight lifting and mostly cardio (training for a duathlon)
  • caroldutton
    caroldutton Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Well, I don't know if I eat a lot (1300 per day) or not, but I do want to encourage you on your journey. I just got rolling on this 2 weeks ago so my journey is long, but I feel like it is a new chance at living. My thought process on this is not to think "diet" all the time. Just eating right.. I do have to still count calories abviously, but I'm mindful of eating more healthy and eating less. I still have a problem with getting exercise in as I hate structured exercise, but I figure in time that will fall in to line as well. No rushing or worrying about my goal. Just be steady and see that it's a good start. I think we can all take a positive look at this weight loss we are trying to achieve and rejoice that we made the "First Beginning" in my case. For others of you it is a success story already! God bless you all.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    Wow! There are some big eaters here! I'm 5'7" and 130 pounds and my MAINTENANCE is 1750 plus ALL exercise calories and that feels like a TON of food to me! :drinker:
  • eyeshuh
    eyeshuh Posts: 333
    Options
    what is the website to figure out TDEE, etc...? Thank you :)

Read this! http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12

PS: I am 5'3" and mine is set to 1510 though I usually eat around 1800 since I exercise every day!
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    5'1 and I am currently set at 1600. On days that I do high cal burn days (600+) I will end up eating between 1800-2000.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I'm done with my metabolism reset. Starting Sunday I will begin my healthy lifestyle. My calorie goal will be 1750 ( I did the math with the TDEE and stuff). I'm 5'2 and I was looking for some ladies who eat arounfd the same calories and lose weight.

I have been ranging my calories. My TDEE is 2500, so I have been ranging from 1900-2100. Since I started that, I've been losing 1-1.5 lbs a week, depending on how low I go that week. At 1750, I was losing 2 pounds per week. I'm 5'4, started at 263 and down to 210.

I can do 1700ish if I stick to lower cal desserts. But I like my dessert, and I'm happy to be losing a little over a pound a week. I definitely don't want to lose it all too quickly. (It took me 20 years to put it all on in the first place.) I have been logging since July 5, 2012 and learned a lot in that time.

I have been in a "transition period" (of sorts) myself. I am getting ready to start doing HIIT for cardio and figuring out what I need to do to start a lifting routine. (I have been walking and doing stairs, as well as calisthenics since November.

Best of luck to you. :flowerforyou:
  • xxvogue
    xxvogue Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1 and have been eating between 1700-2000 cals (leaning towards 1700). My TDEE is 2500 a day. So, far I've lost a pound!

Great to see everyone.
  • bluelena
    bluelena Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I just started using In Place of a Road Map, but I feel fabulous so far! I'm 5'7 at 1900 or so per day. I work out 5x/week - currently ChaLean Extreme and running. I hope to do another round if CLX then start Stronglifts this summer.

Too early to tell about losses, since I just started a week ago. But I did just unload over 3lbs of what was likely water retention from the holidays.
  • CassieReannan
    CassieReannan Posts: 1,479 Member
    Options
    I'm almost 5'6 and eat 1800 a day but thinking of upping it to 1900 depending on my results. I haven't lost weight for a month and its purely because I was eating 1300 - 1600 a day.
  • SavedByAmazingGrace
    Options
    Bump
  • jayliospecky
    jayliospecky Posts: 25,022 Member
    Options
    Have you also checked out the group "Eat more to weigh less"? Lots of people there eating in that range.

I reached my goal weight in September, but I've gone up (as of this morning by 2.2 pounds, so not really scary amounts or anything) and I'm trying a cut again, but I just started last week. I'm aiming for 1800-1900 (I'm 5'5.) Also, I'm thinking about a new, slightly lower goal weight. I'm not sure if it will happen for me, as I can't keep working out like I am and eat much less than 1800. Really. I get way too hungry. So, if the scale won't move I may just go back to eating maintenance and focus on my workouts.

Not sure if you wanted to know about workouts/activity levels, etc., but I do stronglifts (so heavy lifting, 3 x a week) and I try to do a little bit of cardio as well, but usually not much more than 30 minutes per day.
  • denezy
    denezy Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    That is my exact calorie goal. Feel free to add me. :)

I'm not always well behaved, but I lose regularly.
  • Weebs628
    Weebs628 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2" as well and eat 1,755 a day. Feel free to add me! I like having some fellow high calorie friends!
  • EvaD12
    EvaD12 Posts: 49
    Options
    Thank you for posting this!

I'm 5'7 and trying to get my head around the idea of eating more than 1400 which wasn't working and making me very tired/grumpy. I'm aiming for 1900 on rest days and about 2100 on workout days.
  • Starlage
    Starlage Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    sounds like we're about at the same place! I'm also 5'2". I've been maintianing for most of the last year eating anywhere from 2200 to 2600 cals a day (and therefore fixed my metabolism, yay!) but I'm ready to start losing again. To start (as of last week) I'm trying a goal of 1800-1900 a day and will give that 6 weeks, see if I lose anything or if I need to drop another hundred or two a day.

EAT ALL THE FOODS!!
  • MFPfriend
    MFPfriend Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    I'm at 1630, which is my BMR, but on workout days (Tuesdays and Thursdays) I eat most of my exercise calories, which puts me around 2000-2100.
  • xilka
    xilka Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    5'0 ft, I eat between 1700-1900, keeping my net under 1500.
    Lost 15 lbs in 3 months.
    I was losing weight faster over the holidays when I was eating more !?!?
  • 1stday13
    1stday13 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I'm done with my metabolism reset. Starting Sunday I will begin my healthy lifestyle. My calorie goal will be 1750 ( I did the math with the TDEE and stuff). I'm 5'2 and I was looking for some ladies who eat arounfd the same calories and lose weight.
    What is a metabolism reset? :huh: I have heard that term quite a bit & have no idea what it is or how you do it. Would someone enlighten me Please :flowerforyou:
  • KareninCanada
    KareninCanada Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    Me.
  • pkdarlin
    pkdarlin Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Bump