For ladies who EAT (a lot) and are actually losing weight

Options

Replies

• msrootitooti
    msrootitooti Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    5'1 and I am currently set at 1600. On days that I do high cal burn days (600+) I will end up eating between 1800-2000.

That is pretty much the same as me give or take... I am 5'0
  • denezy
    denezy Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    Just want to point out that there are WAY more women in this forum that I would like to look like than the ones posting in the "please let's be hungry and eat 1200 calories together" posts. Thanks for the inspiration girls, just confirming that we are all doing something right. Eat on!

xo
  • fightininggirl
    fightininggirl Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    How do you know what to set yours too. I'm 5"4 inches tall and 183 pounds.? all of you can add me. I would like to try this with you. on Starting Sunday.
  • WrenStory
    WrenStory Posts: 103
    Options
    5'7", 120 lbs and my TDEE is around 1800 if I don't exercise, so when I run, lift, spin, etc. I usually eat around 2000 or so for maintenance. I'm not trying to lose anymore though, just maintain.
  • loopingcaterpillar
    loopingcaterpillar Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    i like to eat back most of my exercise cals (the only thing i now need to do is improve my healthy choices :P).
    i'll accept friend requests from people who like to exercise and eat :D
  • lbesaw
    lbesaw Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    It all depends on your current weight and your activity level. I am 5'3" and I exercise for 90 minutes 4 days a week plus I really watch my carb and fat intake. I eat plenty but of course my food has dramatically changed. Some days I have trouble getting in all my calories and I rarely ever eat my excercise calories. I've lost 50 pounds in just under 6 months. Good luck! :smile:
  • Dauntlessness
    Dauntlessness Posts: 1,489 Member
    Options
    I eat my TDEE-1718 calories a day and I am 5'7. Most of the time I eat more than that. I work out 6 days a week, sometimes I work out twice on Mondays and Thursdays because my husband goes to the gym. I usually burn around 1000-1500 HRM calories a day.

I think everyone should use their TDEE for their diary goal and then create a deficit from there. It is much easier to see how "in the green" you are at the end of the week and see how much weight you should have lost. A calorie is never just a calorie but the general rule is you need a deficit of -3500 calories to lose a pound of fat.

I believe in the eat to lose method and are strongly against shakes, pills and any diet that cuts out whole food groups. If you cant give up a specific food for the rest of you life, DO NOT give it up now. This is about learning how to eat a healthy lifestyle and not denying yourself things you love. It puts too much of a negative spin on it.

Just my 2 cents ;)
  • Rosepower
    Rosepower Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Starlage
    Starlage Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    Just want to point out that there are WAY more women in this forum that I would like to look like than the ones posting in the "please let's be hungry and eat 1200 calories together" posts. Thanks for the inspiration girls, just confirming that we are all doing something right. Eat on!

xo

Ditto! Great isn't it? It's so nice when ladies finally see the light a realize eating 1200 cals is not healthy or sustainable! Your body needs fuel to lose that fat!
  • Kim55555
    Kim55555 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    I'm very active and when eating at:

Moderate deficit - 1650-1950 calories

Slight deficit - 1700 - 2300 calories

Will most likely be able to maintain at around 2000-2500

Im almost at goal having lost 33 kg, 5'2

I've lost the weight over the course of 2 & 3/4 years, and when i need a rest from losing I eat just at just a slight deficit (& do a slow recomp. I still keep losing fat when recomping but just at a slower pace than when I eat at a moderate deficit.

I've been going at it hard the last few months during offseason I think I'm ready to go into a recoup phase now as I'm finding I need a breather again. I might keep going for a couple more months and then cut again come September for a few months.
  • sammylacasse
    Options
    I was eating 1400 calories and the scale wouldn't budge, I went up to 1800 calories, to lose weight, but I 'm considering doing maintenance for a while at 2100 calories. I'm 5"1 and 120 pounds, but I'm young and do light exercice everyday. Feel free to add me, I'm new to this website!
  • KombuchaCat
    KombuchaCat Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    I'm following the preset here for losing 1 lb/week which puts me at 1300/day. However without excersize that's really difficult for me to do every single day. Since I work out in some form everyday and eat back my excersize calories I'm likely somewhere between 1500-2000/day depending. I'm 5'3", it seems to work when I follow this.
  • marcia724
    marcia724 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'0" ---I eat around 1500-1700 (this is WITH my exercise calories). If I stick to that I usually lose.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options

I think everyone should use their TDEE for their diary goal and then create a deficit from there. It is much easier to see how "in the green" you are at the end of the week and see how much weight you should have lost. A calorie is never just a calorie but the general rule is you need a deficit of -3500 calories to lose a pound of fat.

I have been doing this since just before Christmas. I really doing my calories this way! I just try to have at least 500 "in the green" and sometimes do as much as 750.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options

xo

:drinker:

My goal is to be strong, not skinny! :smokin:
  • ashmorgstraws
    Options
    I'm 5'5" & eat anywhere from 1400-1600 calories a day. :) I consistently have lost 1.5-3 lbs each week.
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    I eat 1,600 on rest days and 2,200 to 2,400 on workout days. I'm 5'4". 36 yo.
  • BarbaraCarr1981
    BarbaraCarr1981 Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    Wow! Everybody's goal is soooo different! For me, it's 1500cal a day to lose. This is what I figured out from calculating BRM and TDEE. Anyways, hopefully it works. I can't say for sure cuz I haven't been at this too long AND I ate like crazy over Christmas, New Years and my son's 1st birthday Jan 6.
  • lizzybethclaire
    lizzybethclaire Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    I eat a bunch of calories per day and hope I am losing (just restarted after yo-yo ing back and forth). Feel free to add me or I'll add you :)
  • My1985Freckles
    My1985Freckles Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    I did the "in Place of a Roadmap" calculation and upped my calories to 1940 which is what it gave me for lightly active. I exercise daily so I figure that makes me lightly active, but I don't record the calorie burns/eat exercise calories. I record my exercise with 1 calorie burn just so I can show I DID work out. This is my first week though, so I don't know what the scale will show. It's also only my second week back into exercising everyday AND a week where cyclically I am always up a few pounds, soooooo who knows what the scale will look like this week. LOL