How I lost 10lbs (of fat) in 7 days

Options
1235»

Replies

• lesita75
    lesita75 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I lost ten pounds that quickly, then the hospital forced me to bring the baby home from the hospital.

LOL!!!!!!!!
  • jazzleighinternational
    Options
    Thanks for sharing!!!!
  • helenx55
    helenx55 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Please dont be disheartened when next weigh in you dont lose anywhere near 10lbs because you wont!
    you were de-toxing.
    You say you have a lot to lose? you wont lose it only eating this amount of calories. why have pig out days when you can have loads to eat every day and STILL lose weight.

I wish you the best but education is the key to losing weight.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    TLDR to the OP, but after reading a few concise replies, it looks like you spouted off a bunch of crazy info on how to starve yourself. Just what the world needs. More quick fixes with results that don't last. Thank you for your contribution to yo-yo dieting!
  • sunlover89
    sunlover89 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Thank-you so much for sharing!!! what a great motivator you are! I am going to add you to facebook if you don't mind?

Of course that's fine :-)
  • Addictedtosuccess
    Options
    Friend u need to get kicked off this forum. It is so sad you have sabotage a place like this where people who are already struggling with losing 10lbs in like 3 months.
    My guess is:
    A: you are full of - - - -
    B: you have some sort of illness
    C: you are looking for attention
    Or...D: all of the above.

If you have lost that much weight in one week, congratulations. You just passed a new world record and i am sure doctors and media wants to hear from you!
  • jazzleighinternational
    Options
    A job well done and this is something your sticking too. My brother is a NP and is rude as hell when I tell him how excited I am about every five or ten pounds I lost. And you know what why do Debbie and **** Downer not just share in the excitement someone has when having fat, weight, inches. Hoooray, Yea, And Congrats to all for every healthy choice you have made!!!!

We all apparently have achallenge and that is why we happen to be on my fitness pal.

Thanks a million for the encouragement. After 2 years of struggling after back surgery positive blogs are so HELPFUL!!!!
  • Firefox7275
    Firefox7275 Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    Actually it's not... at the bf % I'm currently at, it's pretty much impossible to starve yourself, unless you don't eat for 72 hours. I am using this method of eating/exercising because of what i've read in critically acclaimed books like The 4 hour body by Tim Ferris The Venus method and Lean gains and Eat Stop Eat. If you want to know more about IF, watch the Horizon documentary "Eat, fast and live longer". I have no intention of trying to convince people about this, I have better things to do with my time, but it does annoy me when people criticise things they have not bothered to research or have any experience with.

Malnutrition is about more than calories, the body cannot store many essential nutrients. The accuracy of bioimpedance and, to a lesser extent, calipers are reliant on hydration levels especially in the female, fasting plus training will deplete glycogen and probably electrolytes and thus dehydrate you, drinking plenty of water cannot reverse that. Switch to a personal trainer who has more qualifications/ knows this. Too much of the basic PT qualification is very low level and too many of the youngsters get 'information' from highly dubious sources like magazines and bodybuilding websites, find someone with an honours degree in a related discipline.

And if you want to call not reading the commercial diet books you list, but referring to rather too many proper scientific textbooks and papers published in reputable peer reviewed journals for my last degree (lifestyle healthcare/ physical activity/ nutrition) not bothering to research crack on. If you want to call working in a variety of healthcare disciplines for twenty three years a lack of experience crack on. I'm far from the only person with qualifications and experience on MFP, in fact I am not 'top' in either category.

I skimmed a couple of the studies that are relied on a few days ago for another thread, one from 1990 and one from 2000. IIRC each had just 11 participants who were described using words like young, lean and healthy. That is often the difference between textbooks and commercial diet books, between health writers and eminent scientists, the conclusions they draw. You can't logically extrapolate from 22 individuals to the entire population nor from the lean to the obese, would you take a prescription drug or have a medical treatment that had been tested for safety and efficacy on so few?
  • LottieLou13
    LottieLou13 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    What was your starting weight and starting body fat % and then current weight current body fat %. Also, even calipers can be inaccurate. Essentially, if I went low carbs for a week or two, I can fool body fat calipers to assume I lost more fat. In order to lose 9 lbs of fat, you would need to eat 31,500 calories less then you burn.

There is a link in the beginning of the article. I understand that it is pretty much impossible to lose 10lbs or PURE FAT in 7 days. This isn't exactly what I meant. But if you look at my printouts in the link, you'll see why I used "How I lost 10lbs of fat in a week" as the title for this post.

Or you can post this. Work blocks those links.

Starting bf% 38.6, mass of body fat, 36.2kg
    After a week bf% 35,9, mass of body fat, 32.1kg

Are these the numbers taken from the printout on the Boots machine? I also weigh in on those but I stick to the same one each time, wear the clothes, shoes everything. But, I take everything it says with a large tub of salt. I can do 3 readings one after another on it, each time the BF will be different which therefore is reflected in the LBM being different. They also sometimes measure my height differently.... just half an inch difference in my height can change my BF % by as much as 5%

TL:DR
    No you didn't lose 10lbs in fat in 1 week. The machine in Boots is more inaccurate than any metaphor I can think of right now. 5:2 isn't the only way to do IF. Encouraging people to net 600 calories a day is an awful thing to do. Just because its worked for 1 week for you, doesn't make it right or healthy.

Good luck with the rest of your journey, and welcome back to MFP when you come to your senses :flowerforyou:

Oh and to any new people just starting their journey....please close this thread off your browser and go to this one instead...

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    You know that it is not physically possible for you to have lost 10 lbs of fat in a week, right?

Some of it was water... and some of it was muscle.

You shouldn't mislead people just to get them to read your post. It's not fair to the people who are not already informed.
  • Leeann1979
    Leeann1979 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    I lost ten pounds that quickly, then the hospital forced me to bring the baby home from the hospital.

hehe
  • akaMrsmojo
    akaMrsmojo Posts: 762 Member
    Options

Darn hospitals. :laugh:

I know, right. Once he hit 16, I was ready to take him back but they made me keep him. ;-)
  • morkiemama
    morkiemama Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    I feel really sorry for all of the newbies you just derailed. :(

You need to take a hard look at what some of the informed posters are telling you regarding the healthy way to do this...
  • now_or_never13
    now_or_never13 Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    Hi there Jilly,
    I did actually burn about 9lbs of fat in a week, which I had double and triple checked by my gym with callipers and there fat measuring machine. When a did WW a couple years ago, I lost 7lbs in the first week, and by body looked no different, no change in inches. With this first week in IF (I was already exercising a little and eating well before), I lost 2 inches around my waist, 1 around my chest, 1.5 around my hips and I went down a full cup size.
    I was eating around 1200 calories a day, but also burning at least 600. There is a myth that you can, and should, only aim to lose 2lbs a week because any more than that is "muscle loss". That is exactly what it is, a myth.

How did you lose 9lbs of fat during one week? You would of needed almost 32,000 calories of a deficit... eating 1200 a day and exercising off 600 a day won't give you that unless you have an abnormally high TDEE.

I agree with those calling BS on the 10lbs of fat loss in a week... sorry but it's true. You can lose 10lbs of weight in a week but you can't lose 10lbs of fat in a week.

In the post above you confirm you lost 9lbs of fat in the week... than you go on to say you probably didn't if you have better checks done because people challenged you on your claims.... if you make a claim be prepared to properly support it or don't make the claim.

Eating 1200 cals a day and burning 600 is not healthy... also it's not a myth about losing no more than 2lbs per week. That is healthy and sustainable weight loss for the average person. The only time it's healthy to lose more is when it's your first week or two or if you are severly overweight.

Learn about what you are claiming and learn what is healthy... Intermittent fasting is healthy if done correctly... eating 1200 and burning 600 is not the healthy way.
  • Greenrun99
    Greenrun99 Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    No... Just... No.. Why.. No!