Black Team Week 9!!!!

Options

Replies

• zippy111
    zippy111 Posts: 2,241 Member
    Options
    P.S. Is it bad that for the past 2 days I've checked in on here but only to talk about the awesomeness of Peeps? :blushing: :laugh:

I would never get tired of talking about peeps!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • SatelliteCrush80
    SatelliteCrush80 Posts: 3,575 Member
    Options
    P.S. Is it bad that for the past 2 days I've checked in on here but only to talk about the awesomeness of Peeps? :blushing: :laugh:

I would never get tired of talking about peeps!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

003-3.jpg

No such thing as too much talk about peeps...
  • loreeb18
    loreeb18 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    I *hinted* to DH that I wanted an M&M McFlurry last night. (My reasoning was that I'm halfway through my 2nd pregnancy and have only sent him out maybe 2 or 3 times to get me something I'm craving. He took the hint. :laugh: ) He got home and handed me my McFlurry...and a pack of purple peeps that he got after I'd mentioned about our peeps convo on here. I :heart: him.

It's supposed to get warmer here (high 40's) next week. I'm so excited. I need to get back walking outside with Harley in the stroller. We tried to walk last week but it was still cold and super windy so we cut it short.

Our plans today are to take down the Christmas lights. :blushing: Yes, I know it's March. We'd been lazy and then it snowed like crazy all February and the lights are just now coming un-buried.
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    I hit 155.0 this morning...my goal for April 1. I'm so happy! :bigsmile:

Wow! Congrats to you!!:drinker: Boy oh boy, 155 seems sooo out of reach for me:ohwell:

Off to the gym now:blushing:

Girl, you have lost ONE HUNDRED AND FORTY-TWO POUNDS!!!! You have accomplished more in this fight than I ever will. Thank you, but YOU are the one that I look up to! *hugs* :heart:
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    Thank you, Lori & Jeannie! :heart: I can't let myself forget how to do this!

Lori - You have such a good hubby. He even got the PURPLE Peeps. What a great guy. :happy:

I google searched "peeps" and this came up...I thought it was funny b/c I'm weird like that. :laugh:

i-c-dead-peeps.jpg
  • zippy111
    zippy111 Posts: 2,241 Member
    Options
    Hi My Black Team! Trying to catch up in posts and it seems that either we have children who are not feeling their best or people having parties tonight! I hope all your kiddies are better in no time.

I'm also joining the party scene. Leaving in a few moments, heading up to North Jersey to celebrate my mom's 85th birthday. Since Dad died last fall, this is going to be a special one (for us, not sure about her) You realize that you have to grab every moment their is before they are not around anymore.

Drove up to North Jersey last night - 2 hour drive- to see my nephew in the NCAA Division 3 tournament first round. He is a Senior at William Patterson. They played Albertus Magnus, small college in CT. Anyway, it was an unbelievable game! Emotional in that they were about to win ahead by 1 point with 1.6 seconds to go. Albertus inbounds and shoots a hail Mary from half court to win the game. I thought my brother was going to have a heart attack. What a roller coaster and a disappointing ending. look for it on those ESPN moments. It's sad to see your basketball career end on a note like that. Needless to say, we will all be consoling each other at the birthday party today!

Weather is beautiful today! Even though we didn't get home until 1 AM from the drive, this morning woke up and ran 8 miles!!!!!! I am so proud of myself. Starting to feel the soreness coming on now...had a good stretch afterwards.

Stalk you ...I mean check in later.

bye my peeps!
  • Girlmom282109
    Girlmom282109 Posts: 2,643 Member
    Options
    I did my 3rd day of TRX and they were right it is starting to get easier. 700 calories I burned today. The bad side is that I am gaining lean muscle so the scale is UP!! almost 4 pounds! I am off tomorrow and then start my week again bright and ealy monday morning!!!

Great Job Beans!

Donna great job on the 8 miles

Shuntae I wouldn't eat those peeps they are so cute!

PA lori I thought I was bad with still having valentines stuff up!

Have a great day everyone!
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    Thank you, Lori & Jeannie! :heart: I can't let myself forget how to do this!

Lori - You have such a good hubby. He even got the PURPLE Peeps. What a great guy. :happy:

I google searched "peeps" and this came up...I thought it was funny b/c I'm weird like that. :laugh:

i-c-dead-peeps.jpg

Sara, I :heart: you-- you crack me up. Congrats on the 155, my dear friend.

Roni-- somebody hold me her while I hit her-- you've lost 142 pounds, my friend-- there is nothing out of reach for you. Don't you forget it!!!!!!!!

Donna-- have a great time tonight-- bless your mama!

Sam-- kick some *kitten*, my TRX bud-- whatever that is. But, kick some just the same!

That's all I've scanned-- sorry for the post and run.

Enjoying some precious, precious family time today. Truly blissful. Almost like a dream. My son sobbed last night to me-- being home finally hit him, and he's beyond relieved and happy. Told him he must realize what a gift we have here, how precious our family unit is, and he has to treasure it and behave like he treasures it. Long road ahead, but we've had some good conversations. I love the boy with all my heart, and am thrilled to have him home.

Sending love to all........
  • tamelab
    tamelab Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    Happy Saturday team...Just got home finally. Started out the day at the bowling alley while hubs went to oldest son's first soccer game. Then came home for lunch and I headed to the second soccer game while hubs took youngest to his Pinewood Derby. I had a fun day but I'm pooped. Looking at a movie at home and relaxing for the rest of the evening. Hope everyone is on the mend today.
  • Girlmom282109
    Options

Sam-- kick some *kitten*, my TRX bud-- whatever that is. But, kick some just the same!

Marla this is TRX you should watch the youtube clip.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KsSpWCTEgNU

TRXphoto.jpg
  • iamladibeast
    iamladibeast Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    for later....
  • jimswmn
    jimswmn Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    This is one of my favorite pics of my daughters, Melissa, youngest and preggers and Amanda oldest.

n1058721274_4705.jpg
  • Girlmom282109
    Options
    This is one of my favorite pics of my daughters, Melissa, youngest and preggers and Amanda oldest.

n1058721274_4705.jpg

that picture is very cute! Classic sisters!
  • ksproston
    ksproston Posts: 6,938 Member
    Options
    Checking in for the day.

My friends' transplant was the end of February. Her experience taught me so much about faith! She's doing great, considering.

The scale was unbelievable this morning. So unbelievable I didn't record it. We'll see what Wednesday brings. If it's still kind, my ticker is going buh-bye.

Need to drink some water. Been running ragged today and haven't gotten mine in. But I did record it as having 8 so I need to chug a lug so I'm not a liar!

Tenley had a birthday party for a classmate tonight. Princess and Prince theme. Got to wear a princess costume there, etc. Felt like I was getting her ready for prom. She's such a great girl! Oh and one of our things to do today was the eye doctor and she has to get glasses. She's excited beyond belief. When I was in 1st grade, I was the first one to get glasses, the only one with them and it was awful. But, some of her friends have them so she thinks it's very cool. The main reason is to help correct an astigmatism. Hopefully she doesn't end up with her mother's eyesight.

Gotta run friends! Ta-Ta!
  • familygirl37167
    familygirl37167 Posts: 2,088 Member
    Options
    Cute cute cute picture bobbi...

So let me tell ya'll how my lovely day went today....

Ok I woke up SICK from last night party..I told shaunte on facebook, that I have never had an alcohol hangover but was pretty positive that this morning I had a sugar hang over..I was like I need to get to the gym, dont know if I am gonna make it, I could throw up any moment..Went to the gym anyways, as I knew that my trainer would be there shortly after..I said I will do my weights and ask her if I wasnt gonna eat much today ( which as sick as I was feeling at the moment...I wouldnt stick anything else in my mouth.) did I need to burn some serious calories like I usually do on sat...So she got there I thought ohhh my saving grace..I was like stephanie I am sick and gonna throw up I dont know if I am gonna be able to eat anything today, do I need to do my serious sat workout which is over 1000 calories burned or do a light workout...much to my despise she said do your heavy workout...I was like is this lady, nutso I am never gonna make it...So low and behold I looked at my watch and it said 1039 calories burned, I have never jumped off a machine so fast in my life...

Came home hubby was fixin breakfast for him and the kids, I ran home jumped in the bed moaning and groaning..he was like are you gonna be ok? I was like yes I am fine, why do you ask? He was like you dont look fine....So I ate about one eggs with a little bacon and cheese in it and toast to see if it would settle my stomach...It did about 2 hours later..

So my friend is moving today and they want us to drop off my son to help them move, because he has such great motivation...We get to there old house and they are closing up the back of the big ole uhaul...and I mean BIG OLE uhaul.. they said ya'll need to come see the new house its only about 5 minutes away..I was like ok...come on honey lets go...He said you think they will need help? I was like yes but I am only staying for a few minutes...low and behold they moved into a 2 story house which means...STAIRS and everything went upstairs...2 hours later we were done unloading the truck....By this time my egg and toast we long gone...I ate my toast and egg at 930 by the time we got done unloading the truck it was 3pm...I was starving...I told my honey...Take me where ever to eat..I was not feeling sick anymore just starving...so we went to a resturant called pei wei which is like china had never been there before...I must have went up the stairs 100 times and down 100 down not kidding....we ordered 2 meals and split both of them.,...and didnt finish either one...Then I went to mickey D's for a chocoalte dipped cone..It was fabulous...I told myself after all the junk I ate lastnight I was not gonna have any junk food but after the workout I had today I deserved it.....there is no way I ate 4000 calories today.

I was pretty proud of myself to be running up the stairs while everyone else was huffing and puffing...toooting my own horn....

I promise to myself..not to ever eat that much junk food again.,....

Will be fully back on the wagon tomorrow, already have all my food weighed out and ready for my work day!!!

When I got home from unloading uhaul I was like my leg hurts and I took off my pants and I have a huge bruise and you can see the muscle bulging out...oh well at least I was burning calories while I was doing it...Needless to say i am gonna be sore tomorrow by using some muscle I didnt even knew exsisted...

Well i hope everyone has a great day and sorry to ramble on, but I was pretty proud of myself to overcome the sickness and help a friend move and still enjoy slighly...Off to bed have to be up at 420 am to be at work my 6...Hope everyone has a great sat evening and even better sunday!!!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Thank YOU!! All of you.

I have been off exercise. Zip, nada, none. for over a month. Started out with being sick, then the surgery, then sick again, then allergies........then OH WAIT>>>>>>>>>those are exCUSes!! That is right........I forgot that is not WHO I am any longer!!

As I lay in bed, feeling achy all over from no exercise, I heard a chorus of voices GET UP they said............we didnt lose all this weight to listen to your whining!!

So I did! I went for my walk and LOVED IT............For crying out loud WHY oh WHY don't I know this by now???

Well, the good news is i coulda walked backwards and gotten my heart rate up to 80% :laugh:
  • jimswmn
    jimswmn Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    I received this in an email and thought of some of us. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

>
    > If you read this without laughing out loud, there is something wrong
    >
    > with you. This is dedicated to everyone who ever attempted to get into a
    >
    > regular workout routine.
    >
    >
    >
    > Dear Diary,
    >
    >
    >
    > For my birthday this year, I purchased a week of personal training at
    >
    > the local health club.
    >
    >
    >
    > Although I am still in great shape since being a high school football
    >
    > cheerleader 43 years ago, I decided it would be a good idea to go ahead
    >
    > and give it a try.
    >
    >
    >
    > I called the club and made my reservations with a personal trainer named
    >
    > Christo, who identified himself as a 26-year-old aerobics instructor and
    >
    > model for athletic clothing and swim wear.
    >
    >
    >
    > Friends seemed pleased with my enthusiasm to get started! The club
    >
    > encouraged me to keep a diary to chart my progress.
    >
    >
    >
    > ________________________________
    >
    >
    >
    > MONDAY:
    >
    > Started my day at 6:00 a.m. Tough to get out of bed, but found it was
    >
    > well worth it when I arrived at the health club to find Christo waiting
    >
    > for me. He is something of a Greek god-- with blond hair, dancing eyes,
    >
    > and a dazzling white smile… Woo Hoo!!
    >
    > Christo gave me a tour and showed me the machines.. I enjoyed watching
    >
    > the skillful way in which he conducted his aerobics class after my
    >
    > workout today. Very inspiring!
    >
    > Christo was encouraging as I did my sit-ups, although my gut was already
    >
    > aching from holding it in the whole time he was around. This is going to
    >
    > be a FANTASTIC week!!
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > TUESDAY:
    >
    > I drank a whole pot of coffee, but I finally made it out the door.
    >
    > Christo made me lie on my back and push a heavy iron bar into the air
    >
    > then he put weights on it! My legs were a little wobbly on the
    >
    > treadmill, but I made the full mile. His rewarding smile made it all
    >
    > worthwhile. I feel GREAT! It's a whole new life for me.
    >
    > _______________________________
    >
    >
    >
    > WEDNESDAY:
    >
    >
    >
    > The only way I can brush my teeth is by laying the toothbrush on the
    >
    > counter and moving my mouth back and forth over it. I believe I have a
    >
    > hernia in both pectorals. Driving was OK as long as I didn't try to
    >
    > steer or stop. I parked on top of a GEO in the club parking lot.
    >
    > Christo was impatient with me, insisting that my screams bothered other
    >
    > club members.. His voice is a little too perky for that early in the
    >
    > morning and when he scolds, he gets this nasally whine that is VERY
    >
    > annoying.
    >
    > My chest hurt when I got on the treadmill, so Christo put me on the
    >
    > stair monster. Why the heck would anyone invent a machine to simulate an
    >
    > activity rendered obsolete by elevators? Christo told me it would help
    >
    > me get in shape and enjoy life. He said some other crap too.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > THURSDAY:
    >
    > *kitten* was waiting for me with his vampire-like teeth exposed as his
    >
    > thin, cruel lips were pulled back in a full snarl. I couldn't help being
    >
    > a half an hour late-- it took me that long to tie my shoes.
    >
    > He took me to work out with dumbbells. When he was not looking, I ran
    >
    > and hid in the restroom. He sent some skinny witch to find me.
    >
    > Then, as punishment, he put me on the rowing machine-- which I sank.
    >
    > _________________________________
    >
    >
    >
    > FRIDAY:
    >
    > I hate that demon Christo more than any human being has ever hated any
    >
    > other human being in the history of the world. Stupid, skinny, anemic, anorexic, little aerobic instructor.
    >
    > If there was a part of my body I could move without unbearable pain, I would beat him with it.
    >
    > Christo wanted me to work on my triceps. I don't have any triceps! And
    >
    > if you don't want dents in the floor, don't hand me the darn barbells or
    >
    > anything that weighs more than a sandwich.
    >
    > The treadmill flung me off and I landed on a health and nutrition
    >
    > teacher. Why couldn't it have been someone softer, like the drama coach
    >
    > or the choir director?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > SATURDAY:
    >
    > Satan left a message on my answering machine in his grating, shrilly
    >
    > voice wondering why I did not show up today. Just hearing his voice made
    >
    > me want to smash the machine with my planner; however, I lacked the
    >
    > strength to even use the TV remote and ended up catching eleven straight
    >
    > hours of the Weather Channel..
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > SUNDAY:
    >
    > I'm having the Church van pick me up for services today so I can go and
    >
    > thank GOD that this week is over. I will also pray that next year my
    >
    > husband will choose a gift for me that is fun-- like a root canal or a
    >
    > hysterectomy. I still say if God had wanted me to bend over, he would
    >
    > have sprinkled the floor with diamonds!!!
    >
    >
    >
    > Send this to a friend who needs to laugh. We all need a good laugh!!!
    >
    =
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Bobbi, that is a hooooot!

Thanks for the laugh!

It has been a marvelous Saturday-- truly, truly, truly just freaking incredible.

Calm before the storm, Lord? Or signs that the tides are turning for the Brown's?

Either way-- I'm thankful. Precious, lovely, wonderful time with my family today....:heart::cry:

Later, mes amies. (I think that's my friends in French-- I'm so continental)

Bon nuit!
  • 72lori
    72lori Posts: 6,760 Member
    Options
    Just caught up from the day. Lots of things to comment on, wish I wasn't so stinking tired.

The hot tub is sitting in our back yard! It was so heavy. 6 guys could hardly lift it. My fingers are raw and screaming sore from scrubbing it to death.

We also went and got over 3,000 pounds of Quickcrete and hoofed that up our hill to it's 'spot'. Thank goodness for teenage boys. It wasn't as bad as I envisioned. Tomorrow we pour concrete.

Busy day. Didn't plan for dinner. We ended up out for Chinese. Buffet at that. Not getting near the scale with a 10 foot pole for days!

Come Monday I have 8 weeks until DH's ball and that dress I need to get zipped. I need to refocus and punch it back up a notch.

For now, I am so ready for bed. Long days of hard work this week, my body is feeling it. Night my friends.
  • mumsanutter
    mumsanutter Posts: 3,068 Member
    Options
    Morning team,

Apologies to all I missed checking in yesterday, my excuse is that it was my birthday and I was having a great time with the boys and then going into London to meet up with Rob and some friends. I still managed to do 40 minutes on the bike and got quite a bit of walking in as well.

Lori - congrats on the hot tube, and no we do not have peeps in the UK.

Boobi - the story was brill and love the picture

Sam - the trx looks unreal and pure torture lol

Marla - I hope that there is no storm, but have the vague idea that you are strong enough to weather many a storm

Tamara - sorry that you were feeling ill, but how did you manage a work out? I would of tried to stay in bed

To everyone else, happy sunday