Cheat days??? do you have one or not?

Options
1234568»

Replies

• lfergurson1
    lfergurson1 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    For me I work like a fool during the week so I always feel like I am 'entitled' to over eat on the weekend. So, with this being said I have actually been making myself do better on the weekends. Honestly, for me the whole cheat day thing is what gets gives back my success. Not sure what everyone else is doing but thats what I am gonna be doing.
  • drchimpanzee
    drchimpanzee Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    I think you have to have a cheat day or two or else you're just going to be bored with your marriage. I say go for it.
  • TravisBikes
    TravisBikes Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I used to during past weight loss attempts. Not this time though. I realize I'm not "old" yet, but I now realize how much harder I have to work to get to where I want to be then in my teens or 20's... I need every advantage I can get.
  • furniem
    furniem Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Once a month I will do a cheat evening (not day) but other than that I am within my calories and still exercise daily.
  • CoachReddy
    CoachReddy Posts: 3,949 Member
    Options
    every now and again. there's no rhyme or reason to it, in terms of how often, but they're rare.

when they DO happen, I plan them out ahead of time - like going to this dive my girlfriend and I saw on TV for chicken and waffles. we planned it out, and by the end of the day I'd still hit my macros, cheat and all. :)
  • Lisah8969
    Lisah8969 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Since I'm working under the premise of everything within moderation and my calorie goal, I don't do cheat days or cheat meals.

This exactly! I don't cheat. Everything is allowed. I need to make this something that I will do for the rest of my life and if something yummy and high is calories is a cheat, I will fail.
  • Jennwith2ns
    Jennwith2ns Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Yes but I am making sure I don't binge or I will gain back everything I just lost the week before. It's closer to a cheat meal.. And I also make sure it's on a workout day. My cheat day last week was by accident and landed on a day when my mom wanted to go out to dinner, so it was just that one meal.
  • canadiandee
    canadiandee Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Cheat? Never. Treat? Sure. I had a grandmother who never again tasted ice cream after she was diagnosed with diabetes in her 30s. She could have had it, could've fit the occasional treat into her life, but she was proud of her ability to control herself completely. That was her.

This is me. I love life and everything about it. I love a cold beer on a hot day or a thick wedge of cheesey pizza out with the family. I'm learning restraint, not deprivation.

For those of you who never indulge, hat's off. But that's not me and it never will be. Not in the way I eat, and not in the way I live. We're just different.

Do what promotes success for you.
  • little_miss_panda
    Options
    Sometimes I have days where I don't log. I don't necessarily have "cheat meals" those days, but I just give myself a break from having to log everything I eat.