any success stories and pics of women over 50??

Options

Replies

• furrina
    furrina Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm soon to be 46 so I'm certainly not in the YOUNG category anymore. I'm close enough. Thought I'd share. I've lost 110 pounds and have completely changed my body.

189520_10150152684986255_604361254_8053061_8088690_n.jpg
    fatfatfat.jpg
    scan0014.jpg
    009.jpg
    Cindywinterformal.jpg
    Untitled.jpg

Seriously, you win.
    You look like (what I assume are) your kids' sister. Wow.
    It's true, though, combo of weights and killer intervals are the best on the exercise front, and it's easier to lose weight when you have a lot to lose than a little.
  • yanniejannie
    yanniejannie Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Good grief!!!! I can't believe how much some of you have lost and how great everybody looks........I need to look at this thread every day!

I am 61. I started Jan.11,2013 @ 147.5lbs. and now I am 133lbs.; I am 5' 3". My goal is 120, but right now I'll be sooooooo happy just to get into the upper 120's.
  • denny505
    denny505 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    This is a great discussion--thank you every one for sharing! Wonderful jobs and such inspirations! I will look back at your stories often!
  • Siegel15
    Siegel15 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I'm bumping this thread. It's extremely important to inspire one another. It IS possible to lose all the extra weight AFTER menopause!
  • Siegel15
    Options
    I am 57 and just started MFP program for my age and height. I have been on it one week, 1200 cals a day, walking every day one hour. Lost 5 pounds this first week. Already feel 100% better and have 50 pounds to go.
  • Beach4me5
    Beach4me5 Posts: 21
    Options
    I love, love, love this thread! I am just getting started and this is very inspirational. The one thing I have noticed with my friends and pictures posted here. Is when you are fit and within your weight range....you just look younger! All of you look fabulous and happy!
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    My only regret is not having done this when I was 40 instead of waiting until 54. I feel so much better and people treat me so much better. (Except my husband who was always wonderful.)
  • getrealforme
    Options
    bump
  • coffee4me57
    coffee4me57 Posts: 195
    Options
    Thanks to all who posted. I am inspired to reach my goals too!
  • nharpster
    nharpster Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Wow!!! You look fantastic! I admire the willpower it must have taken to lose that much weight!
  • cleofet11
    cleofet11 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    You are beautiful. May I ask how you lost the weight and how long did it take? Again you are beautiful!!! :flowerforyou:
  • sophieannejune
    sophieannejune Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Everyone here has done a fantastic job and we should all be proud of ourselves. Sorry I don't have any pictures yet (camera shy but tha'll change soon) but I started January 6th (then started tracking with MFP in March). As of today I have lost 60 lbs. My goal right now is to lose 85...i'm hoping to meet that goal sometime in September. I just turned 53 in May. I'm using the MFP tools and my biggest way of succeeding is eating the foods I like but ensuring i stay in the calories assigned by MFP (total portion control). If I had to go on an eating plan of all heatly food I know i wouldn't survive and if i lost the weight I'ld go back to my old ways and gain it back. I try to stay between 1200-1300 per day. I do lots of walking and have added using my rowing machine at least 5 days a week. This has been the best and easiest way to lose weight I've ever been through. I wish everyone the best of luck as we continue our journey.
  • acogg
    acogg Posts: 1,871 Member
    Options
    Good golly this thread stays active! Impressed by so many! Awesome stuff right here!
  • Siegel15
    Options
    Just bumping this thread because we need to remember that it IS possible to reach our goal even in our fifties and sixties.
  • pen2u
    pen2u Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    My DH has joined MFP since his GP told him he should lose weight. He's in his late 50's but not menopausal lol, and has been losing weight slowly but surely. He's looking really good and feels much better than he has in years.

I've been seeing a PT for my meniscal knee issues and she told me I was very fit for my age. She also recommended a great stand up paddle board/surfing class, so she must think I can handle it!

Overall health, fitness and appearance is better now than it's been in decades. It can be done! I try not to dwell on how much better I'd look if I'd started in my 20's; gotta enjoy today, life is short.
  • Carolfoasia
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Yes, yes, yes. I will be 54 in 23 days! How do I post before and after pictures here? I use the BodyBugg, and I sync it with myfitnesspal because when I had to go to a new website with my BodyBugg, I lost all the data I had added since 2008! So, I am scanning away on myfitnesspal! YAY.

I had an injury to my tendon in November 2009, and I have always been a "move more so I can eat more" kind of gal, and I gained some weight. So, on December 2012 after getting my body out of injury zone by seeing a good PT (rather than YOUNG trainers who made my problems WORSE), I put my BodyBugg back on and lost 25 pounds in 2 1/2 months! I have kept it off for over three month now and am down to a medium frame ideal weight for my height. I have not been this slim since I played basketball at a university in 1978! I am going down a little lower to my post season weight now which is about nine pounds away. Then, it is more maintenance for me for life! I am NOT putting this back on this time!!! NO NO NO!
  • Carolfoasia
    Options
    Yes, yes, yes. I have been post-menopausal since 2007 and am the weight I was at 19 when I was playing college basketball! YES, YES, YES!

(sorry - I do not know how to delete posts and wanted to reply with a quote)
  • Carolfoasia
    Options
    I'm bumping this thread. It's extremely important to inspire one another. It IS possible to lose all the extra weight AFTER menopause!

Yes, yes, yes. I have been post-menopausal since 2007 and am the weight I was at 19 when I was playing college basketball! YES, YES, YES!
  • teresa1121
    teresa1121 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    great job
  • teresa1121
    teresa1121 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    54 here it is a struggle and life change but so far have lost 36 ... feel free anyone to friend me always looking for buddies for inspiration
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!