any success stories and pics of women over 50??

Options

Replies

• pen2u
    pen2u Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Teresa, you look great! Like a mother/daughter photo...easily 20 years younger.
  • RockClimber69
    RockClimber69 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Bump! You ladies all look fabulous!
  • Carolfoasia
    Options
    Hoping this one works! It did! FINALLY! Flickr changed how to get their HTML codes, and I didn't want these pictures on my photo account! :) I am doing the 4th of July happy dance because that took me a LONG time to figure out!

Before:
    9212157424_5e87e8ec52.jpg
    2 Days Front by carolfoasia, on Flickr
    December 22, 2012 (2 days into the plan!)

After:
    9212157748_c2900ce8b2.jpg
    13 Weeks, 4 Days GOAL! by carolfoasia, on Flickr
    March 25, 2013 (28 lbs)
  • happieharpie
    happieharpie Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I'm 68, and last Wednesday I got to a loss of 24.6 pounds, which is 10% of my starting weight. I am AMAZED at the difference this weight loss makes in my life!

Like, no more aching legs from walking up and down stairs, just as one example.

By the way, who was it that coined the phrase "happy fat"? Surely not one of us! All of you pictures are beautiful, but the ones at the end of the journey have the happiest expressions of all.

I know I still have plenty of work to do, but at this point I feel as though I'm getting a month younger for ever pound I get lighter. Hope I don't have to start sending back my Pension checks when I get back to 64!

Please keep posting, Everyone! The narrower we get, the wider my smile!
  • crazyvermont
    crazyvermont Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Thanks to all of you ladies for sharing and you all look beautiful!
  • Evilmuffin666
    Evilmuffin666 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Amazing!!! That is all I can say. I plan on being another success Story. Day two since finding and joining MFP. Such great stories and great Motivation.
  • Ideabaker
    Ideabaker Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Bump! Need to keep reading and viewing these inspirational stories and pics again and again. Thanks, and way to go, ladies! :)
  • mimi337
    mimi337 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    bump inspiration and information!
  • xenaroadwarrior
    Options
    So glad I found this thread. I was starting to think my age was the reason I wasn't losing weight - but I know now that I shouldn't use my age (I'm 49) as an excuse. If you can do it, I can do it too! And you are all so inspiring -Thank you!
  • conniemaxwell5
    conniemaxwell5 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    Joanneweightloss_zpsa2d88d2d.jpg
    Hi Mel!
    I'm Joanne (55). I've yoyo-ed with the same 60 lbs most of my adult life.
    The picture on the left was taken 7 years ago.
    I'm now 40 pounds less, and altho I have wrinkles and flabby skin, I "feel" stronger and more "alive" than any other time in my life!
    I may not look great on the outside, but maintaining a healthy diet and active lifestyle is worth so much more.
    Blessings on your journey!
    Jo

I think you look amazing! Never put yourself down. You've accomplished a great thing in getting yourself healthy and you should be proud!
  • Dlibo1013
    Dlibo1013 Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwww you gals are amazing way to go
  • 12skipafew99100
    12skipafew99100 Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    Obviously some remarkable stories here. I am inspired, as I turn 50 next year.
  • mamadon
    mamadon Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    I will be 52 in April, and hopefully at goal by then. I have about 20 pounds to go.

6s7tck.jpg

11188za.jpg
  • Hikr56
    Hikr56 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I just turned 57 in November and I have 110 pounds left to lose. I'm really happy to see this thread, so thanks! You all look amazing and are an inspiration to me. "FAT" has been front and center of my whole life, and I would really love to feel a normal size for my remaining days on this planet.

Thank you for sharing your success stories. I hope that one day I'm brave enough to post my "old fat pics" with my "new improved me" pics. I'm planning on that great reveal this time next year! I'd be happy to add some over 50 friends to MFP family, so feel free to add me if you'd like.
  • wittman01
    wittman01 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    WOW!! You are Gorgeous!!
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,359 Member
    Options
    You all look amazing!! Very inspiring since I will be 50 in a year or so! Keep up the good work and thanks so much for sharing!
  • susanrechter
    susanrechter Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Well, if y'all can do it, so can I....right?:ohwell: Working on it and congrats to all the beautiful 50+year old women...true success stories!:flowerforyou:
  • Arydria
    Arydria Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Congrats to all the women on here that have succeeded!! I still have a ways to go, but I feel so much better where I am today.

Happy holidays all!!
  • aliciaaw
    aliciaaw Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Congrats to all of the ladies!! Great job I would also like to have friends my age I'll be 58 come Feb. I have lost 17 lbs, it's hard to lose weight when going thru Menopause, anyone with great information would love to hear from you!! Good luck to all of us oldies but goodies!!
  • Resolve2B
    Resolve2B Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I just joined MFP and found this thread this morning. WOW...impressive!! ..and so inspirational. :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!