any success stories and pics of women over 50??

Options
1789101113»

Replies

• karleigh55
    Options
    You look fabulous! Great job and thanks for the inspiration.
  • lighteningjeanne855
    lighteningjeanne855 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad to read all this stories and see the terrific results!
    I'm 58, and I lost 50 pounds in these past 6 months, without exercise.
    You can see my pictures on my profile.
    I have 100 pounds to go, but one can still see an improvement.

I have 3 inspirations:
    1) My 60th birthday is in 2 years.
    2) Type II diabetes and its 20 years of ill effects need to be improved.
    3) I want to have a long, healthy life with my younger fiancé.

Best wishes, everyone!
  • 1yoyoKAT
    1yoyoKAT Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I am 56 and have lost half my weight over the past year and a half. I went from morbidly obese to overweight, still working my way down to "normal". I don't think there is any age limit on regaining our health, it's amazing how forgiving our bodies are. I no longer have sleep apnea or high blood pressure. I feel better than I have in decades!

I've got links to my stories on my profile page, here are a few pictures...

ohizvp.jpg
    2803vc2.jpg

Best wishes to everyone, we can do this! :flowerforyou:
  • lajpeck
    lajpeck Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I am 52 and have lost half my body weight in 17 months. Still working to get to normal but I will get there.

5b8da3aa-6106-4cad-b1a0-bbdf23b1ef55_zpse883ce98.jpg
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    Since I am way over 50 ... I'm 67 ... I guess I can share my success with you in this thread. I became serious about getting back into shape when I saw this first photo of myself. I began to walk and exercise on a regular basis. I found MFP on January 3rd. I have been going at it strong since then and have included clean eating ... for the most part ... and calorie counting to my efforts ... in addition to a lot of cardio, kettlebells, and now strength training. I do not really have a weight goal in mind. My goal is to be fit ... feel better, look better and get back into a smaller size of clothing. The first photo was prior to attending a roaring 20s party. I couldn't find anything to fit so I had to make something. I cringe when I look at this photo. The second photo was taken this past Monday, March 18, 2013. I haven't yet reached my goal size, but I know that I will sometime this year. It has been a great deal of fun and I feel sooooo much better! You can do it too! Never give up ... never accept defeat ... never let yourself get down ... no one can do this for you ... only you ... and you are the best!

2012September_zps59d994a2.jpg

photo27-Copy_zps7ab551f9.jpg

W:heart: W You look like a billion bucks!!!! I'm so thrilled for you--you literally look 40 years old or YOUNGER! Thank you so much for posting. You're a superstar!:drinker: :heart: :drinker:
  • DonnaAnn64
    DonnaAnn64 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    bumping.
  • xButterflyEffectx
    xButterflyEffectx Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I need some friends...feel free to add me :)
  • UpandRunning2013
    UpandRunning2013 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    This post is in reply to Joann, I forgot to use the quote button!

Sorry just had to say 'you look absolutely fabulous on the outside'!!! Congratulations on such a wonderful achievement!
  • paprad
    paprad Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    wonderful stories, thank you
  • paprad
    paprad Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    wonderful stories, thank you
  • Grokmom
    Grokmom Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Wow! You look amazing!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!