What to do with Cauliflower?

Options
124»

Replies

• Amazon_Who
    Amazon_Who Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    I just ran across this at Food.com
    Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower - http://www.food.com/recipe/parmesan-roasted-cauliflower-240736

My oven is DOA so I can't try it yet.
  • RachMarie247
    RachMarie247 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I agree with the mashed cauliflower idea! I just made it for the first time last night. Don't ruin a vegetable with butter or cream though - I added a little almond milk and some olive oil and it tasted just like Thanksgiving mashed potatoes. You could add garlic, pepper, even curry powder if you wanted to spice it up!
  • miracle4me
    miracle4me Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    I just had the best tasting pizza Very low carb, gluten free because it was a cauliflower crust! I use to laugh at the thought but finally tried it and I tell you that it has more flavor in that thin crust pizza than a normal flour dough crust. I got the recipe from

http://yourlighterside.com/cauliflower-pizza-crust-with-gourmet-vegetarian-toppings/

I loaded it with veggies and put pepperoni on mine. I prefer thin crust and this is a thin crust. The best part it only needs 3 ingredients. I did not use fennel but garlic salt, onion powder, basil, Italian Seasoning, whatever seasoning you prefer. It is important you let it cool for 5 minutes before putting on your topping so it has a chance to crisp up. I did not wait so the crust was not as crispy as I would have liked it. I will wait next time. The left overs I had for breakfast today cold and it was delicious.

NOTES: Crust can be frozen without the toppings after the first baking. Simply thaw, top and then bake for 12-15 minutes in a 425 degree Fahrenheit oven.
    Crust can be doubled, but extend baking time.
    NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION PER SERVING: Calories: 264, Carbohydrates: 7.4 grams, Fiber: 2.1 grams, Net Carbohydrates: 5.5 grams, Protein: 19 grams, Fat: 18 g

for the crust:
    2 cups processed raw cauliflower (to the size of couscous) or rice
    2 cups part-skim shredded mozzarella
    2 large eggs
    2 Tbsp dried fennel seed (or your favorite seasonings)
  • MelSabourin
    MelSabourin Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    A couple of people posted about the buffalo cauliflower from skinny taste...coincidentally, I made it last night before coming across this post.

It was REALLY good. The buffalo sauce was too spicy for the others I have to feed (personally I loved it but am partial to spicy), but baking the cauliflower after dipping it in the flour, water, garlic powder 'batter' was really easy & the cauliflower came out perfect. Would definitely make it again, maybe amp up the spices in the batter and let each person put their own sauce/dips. Honestly, you could get away with no sauces.
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options
    smash it up into mashed potatoes
  • lc971
    lc971 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I shred it with a cheese grater, then steam it. I use it as a replacement for rice in my stir fry's.
  • Emmadennewitz
    Emmadennewitz Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I just made the pizza crust last week and I'm hooked. It's delicious it's doesn't taste anything like cauliflower with the mixture of cheese and egg. The crust is really cheese and its my new obsession. I got the recipe online just google cauliflower pizza