What is the most useful tip anyone has given you?

Options
12346»

Replies

• x_pix_x
    x_pix_x Posts: 21
    Options
    Fail to plan, plan to fail.

Was being used in a totally different context but is definitely true for me with weight loss too. If I don't prepare my food for the next day at work I don't take it and will end up not having anything or having a quick (bad) fix. I plan my shopping so that I always have good choices in so that I'm not ending up ridiculously hungry and going to the shops starving and buying crap and I always put my next days food into my diary so that I know what I've got left to play with.
  • GuybrushThreepw00d
    GuybrushThreepw00d Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    Do whatever the **** you wanna do.

Several people posted this line. I don't get it. Does it have a meaning I'm not getting? Is this a joke? Someone explain please.

In every one of these guys videos, they say it at the end;
    http://www.youtube.com/user/twinmuscleworkout
  • Meamo
    Meamo Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    After giving excuse..."yeah,you just got to be ready."...and.. "Do what you know to do"
  • Prior proper planning prevents pi$$ poor performance!
  • CrossFitSandra
    Options
    Adjust your nutrition goals and exercise frequency depending on your own results, not by someone else's results.

Most diets and pre-packaged exercise programs assume "one size fits all," and when you don't get the results that someone else did, you give up and move on to something else. But we have to learn that our bodies will respond different than other people's bodies do, so we have to use personal feedback to find what works for us.

This. See n=1
  • WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options
    Eat food that's high in volume and low in calories. Sounded simple enough.

This was told to me the first week I started WW in 2011. It's stuck with me ever since.

What are some examples of High volume, low in calorie food you ate?

Food high in fiber, high in water and low in fat. Think produce and lean protein. Baked goods usually score pretty low (crackers, breads, etc.)