Replies

• Lady_Bane
    Lady_Bane Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Can this thread just die please?
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    i hope this thread doesnt die. its interesting to see people get so upset at the OP.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I'm not upset at him. I find it hilarious at how little he understands women's bodies, how they function, what women are capable of, and how different activities and poses can alter how the body looks. A little disturbing at his obsession with Brit's arms, but still hilarious.

So, to educate... here's another photo comparison.

Very svelte dancer Karina Smirnoff in a promo pose. Beautiful, graceful, sleek, elegant.

karina-smirnoff.jpg

Same dancer in a freeze-frame in the midst of a routine, looking significantly more muscular.

jr-martinez-karina-smirnoff-talk-about-last-nights-performances.jpg
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    Requires strength on a scale much smaller than acrobatic gymnastics. I always thought that for a woman reach these levels of muscle mass in the arms she should work as heavy as a man. Said that would not surprise me if she is could curling biceps with 25 pounds dumbbells or more

You think 25 pound dumbbell curls is a huge, manly amount of weight? That might explain things.

25 pounds each arm? I think that a woman that can do it is way stronger than the average and stronger than many guys that don't works out. The strongest girl on my gym can do biceps curls with a maximum of 25 pounds. Do you think Britney's body looks like she could do it? This woman on my gym works hard for many years.

When I starded I could do with 18 pounds and I'm a man :sad:
    Can we all just stop a second and focus on the crux of OP's issue.
  • Amazon_Who
    Amazon_Who Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Can we all just stop a second and focus on the crux of OP's issue.
    Escalating stalker.
  • dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    OMG - a celebrity that appears to be different physically than the typical stereotypical celebrity!
    I personally dislike the look of bulk muscles on a female - and I would never aspire for it for myself. Though it is nice to see the diversity of how females and female celebs can look like. Good for her!
  • Tommy
    Tommy Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Hello MyFitnessPals,

I believe the original poster has received a generous amount of feedback to the question posed and this topic will remain locked. Please refer to the following guideline when discussing morphology and the potential for any sex to achieve a certain build.
    4. Show Respect to All Groups and Individuals

No derogatory references to sex, gender, weight, body-type, ethnicity, religion, or sexual orientation, or endorsement of violence against any person or group, even if couched in humor, will be permitted. This includes expressing stereotypes about any group or community.

Regards,

Tom
    MyFitnessPal Staff
This discussion has been closed.