Is Britney Spears on steroids?

Options

Replies

• LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Requires strength on a scale much smaller than acrobatic gymnastics. I always thought that for a woman reach these levels of muscle mass in the arms she should work as heavy as a man. Said that would not surprise me if she is could curling biceps with 25 pounds dumbbells or more

You think 25 pound dumbbell curls is a huge, manly amount of weight? That might explain things.
  • iorahkwano
    iorahkwano Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    This reminds me of the horribly depressing thread I once found (not on here, don't even remember where) on which a bunch of (likely insecure) dudes were saying that Penny from Big Bang Theory looked like a man from the neck down because she was "so muscular."

I hate to think of what they look like if they think Kaley Cuoco is butch. :laugh:

A man with an amazing RACK! Idk, to me she has a great figure with some extra meat on her arms. She has a tiny waist too! And she's been featured in Maxim Magazine. Those guys are just trying to pick her apart and try to force her into the media female stereotype... As if someone as pretty, successful & famous as her gives a rat's *kitten* what a bunch of losers at home say about her on their laptops. They'd all go wirh her if given the chance! We all know it :p
  • crazy4lulu
    crazy4lulu Posts: 822 Member
    Options
    Requires strength on a scale much smaller than acrobatic gymnastics. I always thought that for a woman reach these levels of muscle mass in the arms she should work as heavy as a man. Said that would not surprise me if she is could curling biceps with 25 pounds dumbbells or more

You think 25 pound dumbbell curls is a huge, manly amount of weight? That might explain things.
    O M G Burn baby Burn.... i see thesmoke on that one:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: LMFAO !! thanks Lorinalynn
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options

Yeah. I dumbbell curl 25+ pounds.
  • geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options
    I will repeat this one more time.

A calorie surplus and adequate recovery is key to muscular hypertrophy, not training volume.

Most women spend nearly their entire adult life either eating at TDEE to maintain body composition or a caloric deficit to reach their fitness goals. That is why it is considered a "rare" sight. However, the few that do bulks and cuts, such as the beautiful and amazing ladies here, can certainly acquire a physique similar to [or even greater than] Britney's.
  • crazy4lulu
    crazy4lulu Posts: 822 Member
    Options

A calorie surplus and adequate recovery is key to muscular hypertrophy, not training volume.

Most women spend nearly their entire adult life either eating at TDEE to maintain body composition or a caloric deficit to reach their fitness goals. That is why it is considered a "rare" sight. However, the few that do bulks and cuts, such as the beautiful and amazing ladies here, can certainly acquire a physique similar to [or even greater than] Britney's.
    But Daniel.... this person thinks to look this way... we must be shootin up in the *kitten*... we couldnt possibly rock the weight like men do!!!! and we couldnt possibly work out that hard
  • DanDragonMachida
    DanDragonMachida Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I don't think there is anything about those pictures that would indicate steroid use. Her physique is definitely achievable without steroids. However, she is a celebrity so who the hell knows.

Also, I did a quit image search and found no additional photos showing her muscles to that degree. You must have done some serious digging. She looks pretty "normal" here:

slide_270360_1913268_free.jpg?1356109730906

There are a lot of pics showing her muscles. It's obvious that depends of theangle and motion to see better.

PQAAACR6QeAIA1z-l9Z6FF5xtS_lVwVlbMFzBpwpMC1_OjjMVVtG0O4nporfusWFRVKJ6riv-CdAcsinerOepUhuvk8Am1T1UPxujmfyNMlEMTzI2yVW3pS9gqnl.jpg
    XRAY_00208.jpg
    Unavngivetaededddejjdwknkkkkjkskkssdwekekkkkkkkl.jpg
    [img][http://www.breatheheavy.com/picture links/7121.jpg/img][/img]a05.jpg
    a15zq3.jpg
    britney-spears-fat-london-1028-00-675x900.jpg
    PQAAABVYBucDj1A6AFu1HbbmprUZfz0fEWr9FLGl2W_xOPTjK4jctdhJySsNcDjKtQX70cOMhac3-9u_XvDc3iLKZAIAm1T1UBHNhZvF3AW16qPu0v4FibTVt0P-.jpg
    BSMELBOURNE_021_271109_BBR.JPG
    PAAAAFgiuY1pY05K2mDT4XzAqFYf4EqcLifYDnb0K3D2ZCNatFqCHFBHzXt2t2JphLcpa4RaXIvljRnLG1nWd5d-7QYAm1T1UFPrfEahxwwpr3YixVRfIKcChsrL.jpg
  • geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options
    He probably doesn't understand training intensity is all relative. I know plenty of women who train each sets to complete fatigue and would never question their dedication or whether or not they shoot something up their *kitten* - though if it weren't steroids, I may be curious LOL
  • DanDragonMachida
    Options
    Wide back and build trapezious

961701285_britney_spears_03100946_122_944lo.jpg
    PAAAAFgiuY1pY05K2mDT4XzAqFYf4EqcLifYDnb0K3D2ZCNatFqCHFBHzXt2t2JphLcpa4RaXIvljRnLG1nWd5d-7QYAm1T1UFPrfEahxwwpr3YixVRfIKcChsrL.jpg
    961759329_britney_spears_11150904_122_342lo.jpg

great biceps
    7121.jpg
    XRAY_00208.jpg
  • DanDragonMachida
    Options

25 pounds each arm? I think that a woman that can do it is way stronger than the average and stronger than many guys that don't works out. The strongest girl on my gym can do biceps curls with a maximum of 25 pounds. Do you think Britney's body looks like she could do it? This woman on my gym works hard for many years.

When I starded I could do with 18 pounds and I'm a man :sad:
  • DanDragonMachida
    Options

But Daniel.... this person thinks to look this way... we must be shootin up in the *kitten*... we couldnt possibly rock the weight like men do!!!! and we couldnt possibly work out that hard

you are mistaken, I know a lot of girls who trains really hard like a man, that do bulks and cuts and don't got upper muscles like Britney although they are fit and have big legs.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    25 pounds each arm? I think that a woman that can do it is way stronger than the average and stronger than many guys that don't works out. The strongest girl on my gym can do biceps curls with a maximum of 25 pounds. Do you think Britney's body looks like she could do it? This woman on my gym works hard for many years.

When I starded I could do with 18 pounds and I'm a man :sad:

I don't have dumbbells, but I just grabbed my two 25 pound plates and curled them. Little awkward, since they're not meant to be curled. I don't often do curls, but when I do, it's 50 pounds on the barbell.

I know I am stronger than the average woman my age, but that's because it's something I work at, and it's not something the average woman my age works at.
  • DanDragonMachida
    Options
    I am not an expert in any of this but need not be a connoisseur to know that gymnasts are much stronger that dancers like Britney and require a much harder workout muscle.

If you have a different point please explain it
    Hypertrophy primarily happens while at rest, so the amount she works out is largely irrelevant so long as the muscle is regularly worked.

The type of dancing she does involve some gymnastics, lifts, etc - all of which does require strength, and she probably has a very well paid personal trainer that trains her to insure she can get through her long stage performances week after week without injury.

BINGO. She almost definitely works as hard as a man in the gym, as do MANY of the women on this site. That in no way indicates steroid use. She may or may not have help from steroids or HGH, there's no way to know really- but she COULD have gotten her physique naturally as she obviously works hard.

The crux of your problem with her has been exposed. You're obviously intimidated by women that work hard in the gym.

Really? Why would I be intimidated by Britney or strong women like her?:huh:
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    Yes, I can curl 25lbs each arm. My biceps are about 12" around. I'd bet money that Britney's biceps are no bigger.
  • Bane_
    Bane_ Posts: 522
    Options
    Really? Why would I be intimidated by Britney or strong women like her?:huh:
    They can spell?
  • marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    Not a britney fan at all, but she looks fantastic.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Wide back and build trapezious

961701285_britney_spears_03100946_122_944lo.jpg
    961759329_britney_spears_11150904_122_342lo.jpg

great biceps
    7121.jpg
    XRAY_00208.jpg

So?
  • jen10st
    jen10st Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    she looks cowing awesome!! clearly the result of hard work!
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    OP: you really have no idea as to how women can get muscle definition with hard work and an appropriate training routine. Your original premise that you assumed she has to be on steroids to get that physique is just flawed and wrong....simple as that.
  • Loftearmen
    Options
    You're clearly a troll. BEING A WOMAN MYSELF (unlike you) I find it very easy to build bicep mass, particularly when starting with not very much. So go find something else to 'know all' about.

You don't have any recognizable amount of hypertrophy in your Avatar...
This discussion has been closed.