Is anyone exercising at 5:45 in the morning??

Options

Replies

• Heitor70
    Heitor70 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    My gym opens at 530am so I walk there ten minutes before. When I was running I was out at 4:50 or 5AM for my 5 miles. It is all quiet and calm at that time of the day!
  • Katy_G2013
    Katy_G2013 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I hope to be up by 5am and exercising until at least 5:30 or 5:45 -- then shower, kiddos, then work...I feel better seeing everyone else doing the same. :) I think I just found my motivation to make it happen. And I know I will feel SO MUCH BETTER!
  • butterfli7o
    butterfli7o Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    Yes, I wake up at 5:30 to work out before work. I try to be in bed by ten.
  • norcal_yogi
    norcal_yogi Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    no.... i wish but no.
  • PrincessNikkiBoo
    PrincessNikkiBoo Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    Me! I start about 5am (UK). Please add me. Great idea! :)
  • bcf7683
    bcf7683 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    Up at 4:15am Mon-Fri. You aren't the only nutty early morning riser.

I like it when people tell me I'm nuts. Makes me feel like I'm accomplishing something most people can't :drinker:
  • witchy_wife
    witchy_wife Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    5am for me except on weekends!
  • Cassierocksalot
    Cassierocksalot Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I'm already in the shower at 5:45!
  • bcf7683
    bcf7683 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    Obviously I'm just starting out. Do you guys eat before you exercise in the morning or after?

After. I started getting an upset stomach a few months into my routine if I had much before a workout in the morning. I usually have a protein shake before, that's it
  • alvalaurie
    alvalaurie Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I usually work out at work during lunch, but lately that hasn't been working too well. I'm switching my routine & will be going at 4am. Must be in shower by 5:15 in order to leave the house by 6:15 & commute to work by 8. I usually am in bed by 9pm but with this new routine I may pass out about 8...at least at first.
  • amyadell
    amyadell Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Why so late? I'm hitting the gym at 5:30, Pacific time. Rise and shine, campers!
    5:30 pacific for me too! .... Just that its in Newfoundland time...;D (that would be NOON here!!!)
  • cyoka13
    cyoka13 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I'm with ya ;) It is too difficult to get in my workout in the evenings when I get home from work because of dinner, school etc. But..I have to start getting ready for work by 7am or I will be late. Rest assured, you are not alone. When I want to hit that snooze button, I tell myself that if I get up now and do this, that is one less thing I have to do when in the evening.

Keep at it!
  • Nimadi486
    Nimadi486 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I'm usually there a little after 6 am. Love early morning workouts!
  • jmwaskie
    Options
    When I have to be in work early, I am up at with you... :) Otherwise it's 6/630 to fit in a walk before work. Luckily, I live close to work right now. We are hoping to get dog(s) soon, so I will absolutely have to get out of bed when the alarm goes off. Good luck...you can do it!!!
  • Sandytoes71
    Sandytoes71 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Thx for all the responses! I was reading these while I was cycling. Stationary bike of course lol not THAT talented. It really helps to imagine tons of people up and at it. Makes me feel like a loser. Motivation :))
  • cyclerjenn
    cyclerjenn Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    I head to bed about 9 pm and up at 3:30 am for my workout. I leave for work at 4:30 on days I ride my bike to work and 6 am other days.
  • michelec64
    michelec64 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Weekdays I'm at the gym when the doors open at 5 a.m. It can be a grind sometimes but that is really the only time I can get my workout in, and I always feel better after it's done knowing it won't be hanging over my head all day.
  • janeite1990
    janeite1990 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    5 to 5:30 everyday before work - it's the only time nothing gets in the way!!! Enjoy - its a great way to start the day!!!

Me too. I get out of bed at 5, and try to be on the machine by 5:10. I'm done by 6 to start my day. It is so nice to have that time to myself without kids or husband asking for something. We are all here with you in spirit in the early morning!
  • Scalvak
    Scalvak Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    This is probably wierd but it will help me to get up and exercise if I know of others that r exercising with me somewhere. So......anyone?

Two to three days a week I'm up with you at 5:45 a.m. (Central Time), outside in the cold, running. You're not alone! Rock on! :)
  • shortchange1
    shortchange1 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I spent 5 years getting up at 3:30am to teach a 5:45am Cycle class three times a week (in addition to teaching 4 more classes nightly). When I quit those early morning classes I've never gotten up that early except for early morning clients. My workouts are daytime or evening now. :smile: