SKINNY VS CURVY

Options

Replies

• DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    So what have we learned from posting this thread for this 1000th time?

(Almost) everyone wants to be curvy or calls themselves. If you are/want to be slim and curvy, you think larger curvy women are just fat. If you are/want to be average or larger and curvy, you think slimmer curvy women are unattractive boys/bones/unwomanly. A few people acknowledge that the concepts of "skinny" and "curvy" are not, in fact, mutually exclusive.

Can we kill the topic for another 36 hours or so now???
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options

(Almost) everyone wants to be curvy or calls themselves. If you are/want to be slim and curvy, you think larger curvy women are just fat. If you are/want to be average or larger and curvy, you think slimmer curvy women are unattractive boys/bones/unwomanly. A few people acknowledge that the concepts of "skinny" and "curvy" are not, in fact, mutually exclusive.

It'll just be back tomorrow.
  • serapi
    serapi Posts: 197 Member
    Options

Victoria Secrets models are thin and super curvy.
  • AprilEC
    AprilEC Posts: 32 Member
    Options

If you quit talking, yea.
  • BrotherBill913
    BrotherBill913 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    CURVES BEAT BONE ! annorexic is miff , so is obesity . but in general CURVES

i dont want curves tho . women should want curves lol

This^^^
  • Flawless_K
    Flawless_K Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    The only people I've ever encountered that refer to themselves as "curvy" are people who aren't comfortable with facing the reality that they're overweight.

LOVE LOVE LOVE this honesty!!!! By no means am I trying to offend anyone but I think adopting this "Love Your Curves" enabled SOME overweight people. I just could not be one any longer!!! People used to always say that to me...."Love those curves girl!" No way...these are not curves, but this is the 30 pounds I put one while in college.
  • Flawless_K
    Flawless_K Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    The only people I've ever encountered that refer to themselves as "curvy" are people who aren't comfortable with facing the reality that they're overweight.

Probably one of the most ignorant things I have ever heard a "woman" say.
    Being curvy doesnt mean that a woman has self doubt or is insecure with the way they look, as it seems you implying. Curvy can be something different to every woman. Having a larger chest, having a "booty"...even a muscular one!, having hips are what I think to be curvy. I also belive that "curvy" is actually a lot healthier way of seeing yourself than stating you want to be "skinny". Saying you're curvy is a way of saying you ACCEPT yourself, even if you do have a little more than the self absorbed chick standing beside you, living off of crackers just to be "skinny".

Whoa there...
  • MissKitty9
    MissKitty9 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Wtf is this thread... do you guys not even know what "curvy" actually means? Curvy= if there is a 10 inch or greater difference between your waist & your hips. You can be skinny AND curvy. It's not a versus thing. Can we stop pitting body types against each other? Especially when you're all assigning meaningless definitions to words?
  • Fr3shStrt
    Fr3shStrt Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    What do you prefer?

SKINNY or CURVY?

What body shape do you have / want? :-)

i prefer FIT!

Yes!
  • Kassie_Nicole
    Options
    You do know that curves are not fat right? You don't get to choose to be at your thinnest curvy or skinny. You can't make curves.
  • jcstanton
    jcstanton Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    What do you prefer?

SKINNY or CURVY?

What body shape do you have / want? :-)

i prefer FIT!

THIS! 100%! I wanna look strong and healthy like an athlete.
  • ahviendha
    ahviendha Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    i prefer unicorn shaped. with rainbows pouring out of all orifices.
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    I want to be healthy and keep my butt lol
  • fit_spired_vicky
    Options

Thats so *****y, and untrue.
  • Danni1585
    Danni1585 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Happy with anything that isnt plain old fat. I will never ever be skinny, unless I transport myself back to 7 years of age. I agree with some other others posts, better than now would be fabulous x
  • forgtmenot
    forgtmenot Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    I want to be the size I was 3 years ago before I went back to school. I have always been "curvy" even at 115lbs I was curvy, that is just my body type. Some people on here act as though you can choose your body type, I can want to be 5'10" and have long legs all I want to, it will never happen and I will never be truly "skinny". When you lose weight/workout you will gain muscle and lose fat where your body is built to do so, you can't CHOOSE those things. There is no such thing as spot reducing fat.

In the south we say "You can want in one hand and *kitten* in the other and see which fills up faster" :laugh:
  • littlewhittles
    littlewhittles Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    To me, the ultimate curviness is Christina Hendricks, and I would trade with her any day.

http://cdn03.cdn.thesuperficial.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/0630-christina-hendricks-health-03-435x580.jpg

Agree completely. I was just thinking of her, too. And I wouldn't call her overweight at all.
  • Yaya1976
    Yaya1976 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Curvy for sure. I wish I had a bigger booty *sigh* :ohwell:
  • sunlover89
    sunlover89 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    "not just a straight up and down look"

That's a shape, not a look. Women can't help how their bone structure is...
  • kikokateyy
    kikokateyy Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Wtf is this thread... do you guys not even know what "curvy" actually means? Curvy= if there is a 10 inch or greater difference between your waist & your hips. You can be skinny AND curvy. It's not a versus thing. Can we stop pitting body types against each other? Especially when you're all assigning meaningless definitions to words?

Actually the definition of curvy is: continuously bending line that has no straight parts.

I think the 10" is if you have an hour glass or 'pear' shape...