SKINNY VS CURVY

Options
1121314151618»

Replies

• da_bears10089
    da_bears10089 Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    The only people I've ever encountered that refer to themselves as "curvy" are people who aren't comfortable with facing the reality that they're overweight.
    You haven't encountered many curvy people then. I'm pretty sure i wouldn't consider Scarlett Johansson or Beyonce as being overweight.
  • bcf7683
    bcf7683 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    Jen15837108.jpg

Wait...hold on...she is curvy...but she is skinny too...

wait what?

PEOPLE CAN BE CURVY AND SKINNY AT THE SAME TIME?!?!?

SAY WHAT?!?!

I is so confuzed.

uuum. she is not skinny.

Seriously? :noway:
  • saxmaniac
    saxmaniac Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options

Based on my definitions, she is neither skinny (underweight BMI or bodyfat) nor curvy (dramatic hourglass figure). That doesn't mean she's not attractive.

Your definitions probably differ.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options

Based on my definitions, she is neither skinny (underweight BMI) nor curvy (dramatic hourglass figure). That doesn't mean she's not attractive.

Your definitions probably differ.
    What do you think an hourglass figure looks like? (Although she looks more pear to me, but barely.)
  • sillygoosie
    sillygoosie Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    Why do we have to label any body type? What does it matter to you if a woman prefers to call herself skinny, curvy, hourglass, thin, fat, pear, apple, twiggy, buxom, muscular, stick figure, etc. How does it affect you? The only thing these silly debates accomplish is to perpetuate ugly attitudes towards each other. If you don't want those muscular thighs, don't work towards getting them. If you want to feel curvy, keep those pounds that make you feel soft and lovely. If you want to be thin, work to lose your weight and get trim. If you don't have a 10" difference between your waist and your hips (insert huge eye roll here) but you still feel you have sexy curves, then embrace them. The truth is, we can't change the foundation that we were born with, so why not just learn to love and accept it and also accept that every woman was born with different assets. Why do women have to argue with each other about preferred body types? Everyone is entitled to their own opinions and that's what you all are arguing over, your own personal opinions. It's ugly, period.

If you want to feel sexy and beautiful, stop tearing down other women and start embracing them for what they are: lovely, unique women.
  • montanadanni
    montanadanni Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Why do we have to label any body type? What does it matter to you if a woman prefers to call herself skinny, curvy, hourglass, thin, fat, pear, apple, twiggy, buxom, muscular, stick figure, etc. How does it affect you? The only thing these silly debates accomplish is to perpetuate ugly attitudes towards each other. If you don't want those muscular thighs, don't work towards getting them. If you want to feel curvy, keep those pounds that make you feel soft and lovely. If you want to be thin, work to lose your weight and get trim. If you don't have a 10" difference between your waist and your hips (insert huge eye roll here) but you still feel you have sexy curves, then embrace them. The truth is, we can't change the foundation that we were born with, so why not just learn to love and accept it and also accept that every woman was born with different assets. Why do women have to argue with each other about preferred body types? Everyone is entitled to their own opinions and that's what you all are arguing over, your own personal opinions. It's ugly, period.

If you want to feel sexy and beautiful, stop tearing down other women and start embracing them for what they are: lovely, unique women.

Personally your attaching negative vibes toward body type. Just because we are apple, pear, banana, hourglass doesn't mean it is negative. Just because it's named doesn't associate it with being bad. It is actually just a better way to describe your body. Yes you have to have certain measurements to find out what shape you are but why does that have to be attached to a negative image. I stated 10inches or less from your hips/bust on an hourglass figure because that is TRUE. Wikkapedia/Google it. lol

In no way did I say that it was negative or degrade anyone. I was just saying "know yourself". I completely embrase my 'huge' frame, I don't even exaggerate that either. I have the same bone size as my husband >.< but I embrace it. I wouldn't suggest to anyone to try to change their shape... that's impossible. I believe everyone has their opinions in what is beautiful but what I was stating was actual facts of how to catogorize your body. The minute you embrace your shape the better off you will realize how your body is going to be shaped and if you are aiming for something that is not really attainable. For example in high school/college I was curvy and fit, I was an major athlete. All the other girls were mostly banana shaped and skinny little things. I would always wish for that type of body but that was mentally unhealthy and physically impossible for me to be that small or even that shape. As I grew up and realized this, I embraced it and owned it.

So just so you know I am not attaching negative feelings to body shape, I just want people to be more accurate with their body shapes. If I came off that way, that's not even close to what I meant.
  • JosieJo2000
    JosieJo2000 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    283304632779084974_6m2KFBn5_f_zpsa36d918b.jpg

This girls is why we work out and build muscles (which makes us curvy). Only dieting and getting "skinny" is just not enough.

I find the butt on the right disturbing...

No amount of weights would make my *kitten* or waist look like that. Thank God!

I find body shaming disturbing. My *kitten* looks much more like the one on the right than the one on the left and I couldn't be happier about it.

I found the pic disturbing because the person who posted it was "body shaming" (although good lord that term gets over-used here and I find THAT disturbing) by saying that is an ideal. I could never have a waist that small, or a butt that round, and it is disturbing that someone is putting that up as an ideal and suggesting it can be obtained through doing weights. The poor lass on the right, as someone said she was probably unaware the photo was taken. She looks fine. She shouldn't be body shamed either. THAT is disturbing too.

Thank God I don't look like that because then I wouldn't be me. That is not my ideal, I am learning to love what I have. I think we should all aim for fit and healthy for our own body shape and not be drawn into having to be thin, or curvy, or muscly, or have that elusive "thigh gap".
  • ChelleBella0814
    Options
    Im happy with my curvy body... just need to build my muscles though!!

freakin exactly.
    women are MEANT to have curves.:love: