SKINNY VS CURVY

Options

Replies

• sweetchildomine
    sweetchildomine Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    Jen15837108.jpg

Wait...hold on...she is curvy...but she is skinny too...

wait what?

PEOPLE CAN BE CURVY AND SKINNY AT THE SAME TIME?!?!?

SAY WHAT?!?!

I is so confuzed.
  • DizzyLinds
    DizzyLinds Posts: 856 Member
    Options
    Curvy....not sure i'll ever be skinny or want to be!
  • mogzBH
    mogzBH Posts: 50
    Options
    I'm lucky enough to have a natural hourglass figure... I've just got to unearth it again haha! I love pictures of my from about 5-6 years back, tbh I was probably a little over weight them but I look so much better than now and so much happier to, so thats the curvy body I want back.
    I don't really have a preference in other people, I am drawn to anyone who is comfortable in their own skin and has the confidence to be truly happy.
  • amy1612
    amy1612 Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    apollo-oh-no-not-again.jpg

Because Captain, just because.
  • Natashaa1991
    Natashaa1991 Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    Jen15837108.jpg

wait what?

SAY WHAT?!?!

I is so confuzed.

uuum. she is not skinny.
  • heymirth
    heymirth Posts: 448
    Options
    Curvy for women, its like, would you want a lanky guy or one with some shoulders / better build
  • loneworg
    loneworg Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Why is it a VS why not strive for healthy. Also curvy isn't better then skinny and skinny isn't better then curvy. Both are beautiful.
  • Dauntlessness
    Dauntlessness Posts: 1,489 Member
    Options
    283304632779084974_6m2KFBn5_f_zpsa36d918b.jpg

This girls is why we work out and build muscles (which makes us curvy). Only dieting and getting "skinny" is just not enough.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    <<<<<that woman standing next to me has the perfect shape. How would you describe it? Curvy?
  • lornaja
    lornaja Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Why is it a VS why not strive for healthy. Also curvy isn't better then skinny and skinny isn't better then curvy. Both are beautiful.

Agree - this is not a 'healthy' discussion. My daughter is slender (some may say skinny) but that is her body type (at the moment as she is onlly 15) but she has had these sort of discussions on FB and is uncomfortable about them. She eats very healthily and exercises regularly (she is a rower & so has a training programme). Curvy or skinny - healthy is best & that includes being mentally healthy and happy with who you are. ...... (( OK so I'm here to lose a bit of weight too ha ha but still I'll never be skinny!!))
  • Sweet_Pea0107
    Options
    I am curvy. I have always been curvy and will always be curvy. No I am not overweight I just have a smaller waist compared to my hips and bust due to bone structure (36-25-36). I don't prefer one or the other. As long as I am healthy what does it matter.
  • Natashaa1991
    Natashaa1991 Posts: 866 Member
    Options

This girls is why we work out and build muscles (which makes us curvy). Only dieting and getting "skinny" is just not enough.

i don't know a single person who actually wants that huge kardashian *kitten*
  • gourmetgal77
    gourmetgal77 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I think even at my skinniest, I will always have some curves... My body is not built to be stick thin, I have had 2 kids and I have "birthing hips" as one older woman at one point told me. The smallest I have been in the recent past is a size 10 and everyone told me I looked great... would like to lose enough to get me into a size 8 just to see how it looks, but I don't think I will ever get much smaller than that and stay healthy/fit.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options

i don't know a single person who actually wants that huge kardashian *kitten*
    And while you can certainly have a nice, tight, round rear with weight training, no amount of weight training will get a woman a rear like the one on the right unless she's genetically predisposed.

Plus, the woman on the right is either hourglass or pear shaped while the one on the left is straight up and down (she'd be apple if she were overweight). The one on the right would have curves, weight training or not.
  • JosieJo2000
    JosieJo2000 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I'm straight up and down, when I am at a healthy weight I guess I look skinny and I do lose my boobs and butt. I've never had waist. I don't know if I'd prefer to be a different way, I have just grown to love the body I'm in; the body that lets me run, work, play and the body that carried my two children.
  • Leeanne1974
    Leeanne1974 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    "The only people I've ever encountered that refer to themselves as "curvy" are people who aren't comfortable with facing the reality that they're overweight."

The only people I've ever encountered that were as snotty as you were insecure with themselves in one way or another and needed to bring other people down to feel like less of a piece of ****. Pick on someone your own size. I'm by no means overweight, but I still see no need for that kind of a low hit on a site where people are trying to lose weight. Curvy is a shape, not a weight. A lot of it has to do with genetics, bone structure, and where exactly you focus when you're exercising. Just because you're a stuck up, nasty mean person does NOT mean you have to bring down the women who are trying to better themselves and be healthy. Now go kick your puppy, throw a hissy fit, and then maybe go call some Kindergarteners names at the playground. In other words, if you're going to be a bully, do it somewhere that people don't see right through your pathetic charade.

So agree.
    If I were a man I would demand you marry me this instant!
  • Leeanne1974
    Leeanne1974 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Jen15837108.jpg

wait what?

SAY WHAT?!?!

I is so confuzed.

uuum. she is not skinny.

Sorry, each to their own but I disagree. She is what we would in the UK call very slim. She has a gorgeous figure and is slim yet curvy.
  • Matt_Wild
    Matt_Wild Posts: 2,673 Member
    Options
    Muscled like my other half...

sprogress.jpg

Wow. Incredible. What dedication she must have.

13 days into her diet - she listened incredibly well as I helped her bulk to add muscle and now dieting how I instruct to the exact word. He results are definitely due to pure dedication and unwavering effort.

She's amazing and beautiful. For myself that's perfect and an inspiration.

Now, stepping out of this thread bc this crap makes me bang my head into a wall.

Thanks for the comment - truly appreciated!
  • kaotik26
    kaotik26 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    Looks to me like everyone has a different definition to these words: skinny, curvy, fat, thin etc. Some people see skinny as bony while others see it as where the healthy weight is(or thin). Some seem to think curvy means fat (not me, when I was fat I called myself fat!) where others actually know that curvy is the shape created by the difference in bust-waist-hips. Instead of arguing over all of this because of a difference in the way we see things, why not just take everybody's opinions in stride and understand thats what they think? I know most of you all get eachothers points.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Jen15837108.jpg

wait what?

SAY WHAT?!?!

I is so confuzed.

uuum. she is not skinny.

Sorry, each to their own but I disagree. She is what we would in the UK call very slim. She has a gorgeous figure and is slim yet curvy.

Yup. She doesn't have much extra fat on her, but has the curvy bone structure. She's got a hot bod!