SKINNY VS CURVY

Options

Replies

• bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Yes, I just read an article that said that in auction someone purchased the white dress she wore in the seven year itch and when they tried to zip it up on a size 2 US mannequine it wouldn't zip and they had to get a smaller figure for the dress, at 5'5" her weght averages 118# and her figure was slim. She had a natural hour glass figure with boobs and a butt. Her dimensions would respectfully hold up today's hollywood standards, although she'd be on a little softer side rather than a firmer musculature.

I have no idea if that is true or not, but I am 5'5" and when I was young I weighed about 112-115 lbs and wore a US size 7. I seriously doubt Marilyn Monroe ever wore a US size 2. She had too much hips for it.

She had a tiny waist....

So? I suppose she might have fit into a size 2 belt (if belts were sized that way)
  • bcattoes
    Options
    Yes, I just read an article that said that in auction someone purchased the white dress she wore in the seven year itch and when they tried to zip it up on a size 2 US mannequine it wouldn't zip and they had to get a smaller figure for the dress, at 5'5" her weght averages 118# and her figure was slim. She had a natural hour glass figure with boobs and a butt. Her dimensions would respectfully hold up today's hollywood standards, although she'd be on a little softer side rather than a firmer musculature.

I have no idea if that is true or not, but I am 5'5" and when I was young I weighed about 112-115 lbs and wore a US size 7. I seriously doubt Marilyn Monroe ever wore a US size 2. She had too much hips for it.

She had a tiny waist....
    Her hips were tiny, too. They were just bigger than her waist.

I'm 5'3" and at 115 pounds (and a similar build to Marilyn) and at 115 pounds, I am a size 3, US.

Exactly, you weigh less, are 2 inches shorter and still don't wear a size 2.
  • kikokateyy
    kikokateyy Posts: 136 Member
    Options

She had a tiny waist....

So? I suppose she might have fit into a size 2 belt (if belts were sized that way)

They were also talking about the white dress. So it didnt matter about the hips. It is based on the waist
  • Matt_Wild
    Matt_Wild Posts: 2,673 Member
    Options
    Muscled like my other half...

sprogress.jpg
  • sillygoosie
    sillygoosie Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    Yet another body shaming thread. Oh joy.

As women, we are our own worst enemies. F'ing ridiculous.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options

She had a tiny waist....

I'm 5'3" and at 115 pounds (and a similar build to Marilyn) and at 115 pounds, I am a size 3, US.

I might. Size 3 is juniors. Size 2 is women's. Cut differently.

Regardless, as we all know, you can take 10 women the same height and weight and they could wear 10 different sizes.

Your argument is silly.
  • bcattoes
    Options

She had a tiny waist....

I might. Size 3 is juniors. Size 2 is women's. Cut differently.

Regardless, as we all know, you can take 10 women the same height and weight and they could wear 10 different sizes.

Your argument is silly.

You said you had a figure similar to hers. If all 10 women had a figure similar to hers, they'd likely wear the same size.
  • zCarsAndCaloriesz
    Options
    If you're curvy, you're going to be curvy whether you're heavy or at a lower body weight. There's less of me, sure, but I'm still "curvy" at my lowest weight. Curvy doesn't seem to mean what it actually means anymore. It's a shape, not a size.

THIS!!

I don't think people understand what 'curvy' means.
  • pollyineedtobeskinny
    Options

sprogress.jpg

Fair enough but I prefer my body natural
  • kinsellae
    kinsellae Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    prefer "curvy" over "skinny". I want fit and curvy :)
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options

sprogress.jpg

Wow. Incredible. What dedication she must have.
  • kali31337
    kali31337 Posts: 1,048 Member
    Options
    I want a body shape where I don't cringe when I see a photo. If that is skinny or curvy, we will see when we get there.

^^^ Thissss!
  • KickassAugust
    KickassAugust Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    Curvy all the way!
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    i am skinny, and i prefer it this way.

you look nice and curvy to me!

well i do have naturally "curvy" structure but I am overall skinny. i am really happy it's like that-nobody wants a 12 year old boy's body. but i don't call myself curly because of my lack of boobies.

yeah--many women actually do strive for the 12 year old boy look. Look at the people with goal weights that correspond to a BMI of 16, 17, 18...yeah...sorry, that's just not going to be curvy for 95% of people--it will be shapeless and unhealthy.
  • Hezzietiger1
    Hezzietiger1 Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    No man ive ever dated likes skinny... they r into fit toned and confident...with a butt n boobs.
  • yankeedownsouth
    yankeedownsouth Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    I don't have natural curves, so I'm going for muscles!
  • kelly_e_montana
    kelly_e_montana Posts: 1,999 Member
    Options
    I've been both and I prefer to be about a 26 BMI, which is overweight, but it's where I feel I look the best. I do like to have some muscles. I prefer being a size 10 over being a size 6. If I get smaller, I lose my boobs and my butt, which I happen to like having.:tongue:

And by butt, I mean, yes I like my *kitten* juicy like Sir Mix A Lot does, not just muscular.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    Why isn't "healthy" an option here? Because the answer to the question at hand is "Who frucking cares?" Take care of you, do what's best for you, and stop worrying about the rest of the world's opinion.
  • Queen_Adrock
    Queen_Adrock Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I'd like to look like Joan Holloway, please. :)
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    yeah--many women actually do strive for the 12 year old boy look. Look at the people with goal weights that correspond to a BMI of 16, 17, 18...yeah...sorry, that's just not going to be curvy for 95% of people--it will be shapeless and unhealthy.

You don't understand body shape and bone structure. I could weigh 80 pounds and would not have a "12-year-old boy's" shape. I don't lose in my breasts and my hips will always be significantly larger than my waist. I will always have a curvy body, no matter what I weigh.

(Not that I'm going for 80 pounds.)

However, some women have straight shapes and will have that straight shape regardless of weight or muscle tone.