SKINNY VS CURVY

Options

Replies

• NatzC123
    NatzC123 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I love curvy figures, probably because I know I will never be skinny!!
    I like coco austin, nikki minaj, kim kardashian, christina hendricks, jessica simpson and kelly brooke, all their figures are great in my opinion and is the types of figures I know I could achieve with hard work :smile:
    and to me all these women look healthy!
    i think at the end of the day, once you are healthy, it doesn't matter what body type or shape you are
  • Beckyloo80
    Beckyloo80 Posts: 1,088 Member
    Options
    What do you prefer?

SKINNY or CURVY?

What body shape do you have / want? :-)

i prefer FIT!

^^^^ this right here. And yes, there is a difference. Skinny doesn't always mean healthy.
  • pollyineedtobeskinny
    Options
    All i really want is a really flat stomach....
  • Lyra89
    Lyra89 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    tumblr_lplhp9OEE91qgm07so1_500_zps2fc5f902.jpg

The last girl is curvy!

So is the middle. She has a decent sized rack and a waist that is much narrower than her hips.

The middle is curvy, the last would probably be considered overweight by a BMI chart.

True! And this doesn't mean that the one on the right isn't perfectly beautiful and sexy...it just means that by modern standards & guidelines she would be at a higher risk of developing certain conditions and diseases.

LOVE YOURSELVES, girls...whatever way you're naturally built is the way you will ALWAYS be built, there is no escaping it.

I'd love to have big boobs and a big bum and a small waist.

But instead I have a small bum, small boobs and a big waist!

What can ya do? :laugh:
  • brenda4life
    brenda4life Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I don't get a choice. I was born curvy. Even in the Army when I was my smallest, I had the curves.
  • Amberonamission
    Amberonamission Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Snarling wolverines. Such issues.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    From a male point of view, I definitely prefer curvy, and I don't know many, if any, men that prefer skinny over nice curves. I think Marylin Monroe, dress size 12 to 16 (depending on timeline) had the ultimate body!
    She was much smaller than that by today's clothing size standards.
    True. Today's 12 to 16 is an 8 to 12 back then. But even an 8 is considered fat now. So Marilyn was not skinny by today's standard. Even if you want to compare clothing size. Marilyn had some dangerous curves.

Ummm, Marilyn was a size 2 by today's clothing standards, folks. Her waist was 21 inches and her hips were 35.

Kind of ironic that she's held up as the icon of large, curvy women when she was curvy because she had an ungodly small waist. Look it up instead of just guessing.

Thank you. Someone show me a damn size 8 with a 21" waist. I'm a 6 and I have a 25" waist. Seriously. Stop dragging my girl Marilyn into the Skinny vs Curvy hot garbage. She was TINY. You can have tatas and still be tiny, folks. News flash.

From what I can tell she wouldn't fit any of today's standard size clothing without serious tailoring. At 35-22-35 she would be between a 4 and a 6, and have to have the clothes tailored by like 5" in the waist.
    http://clairehunter.com/dress-size-calculator.htm

Yes, I just read an article that said that in auction someone purchased the white dress she wore in the seven year itch and when they tried to zip it up on a size 2 US mannequine it wouldn't zip and they had to get a smaller figure for the dress, at 5'5" her weght averages 118# and her figure was slim. She had a natural hour glass figure with boobs and a butt. Her dimensions would respectfully hold up today's hollywood standards, although she'd be on a little softer side rather than a firmer musculature.
  • GCanha
    GCanha Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    The only people I've ever encountered that refer to themselves as "curvy" are people who aren't comfortable with facing the reality that they're overweight.
    So not true. Even at my thinnest, I still had a D cup. I will always have a large chest. No amount of starving will make me "not curvy". My pelvis bone gives me hips, even without this current layer of fat. Some people are built straight, some boxy, some curvy.

Completely agree with you- at my thinnest- when i was 22- I was a c-cup with a J-Lo type hips and behind. No-one could have referred to me as skinny even though my stomach was concave and the rest of my body was firm.
  • Erisad
    Erisad Posts: 1,580
    Options
    I don't think skinny is in the cards for my body type, which is fine. :)
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    If you want a different body type, you should find new parents.

Ha! This.
  • trophywife24
    trophywife24 Posts: 1,472 Member
    Options
    From a male point of view, I definitely prefer curvy, and I don't know many, if any, men that prefer skinny over nice curves. I think Marylin Monroe, dress size 12 to 16 (depending on timeline) had the ultimate body!
    True. Today's 12 to 16 is an 8 to 12 back then. But even an 8 is considered fat now. So Marilyn was not skinny by today's standard. Even if you want to compare clothing size. Marilyn had some dangerous curves.

Ummm, Marilyn was a size 2 by today's clothing standards, folks. Her waist was 21 inches and her hips were 35.

Kind of ironic that she's held up as the icon of large, curvy women when she was curvy because she had an ungodly small waist. Look it up instead of just guessing.

Thank you. Someone show me a damn size 8 with a 21" waist. I'm a 6 and I have a 25" waist. Seriously. Stop dragging my girl Marilyn into the Skinny vs Curvy hot garbage. She was TINY. You can have tatas and still be tiny, folks. News flash.

From what I can tell she wouldn't fit any of today's standard size clothing without serious tailoring. At 35-22-35 she would be between a 4 and a 6, and have to have the clothes tailored by like 5" in the waist.

Yes, I just read an article that said that in auction someone purchased the white dress she wore in the seven year itch and when they tried to zip it up on a size 2 US mannequine it wouldn't zip and they had to get a smaller figure for the dress, at 5'5" her weght averages 118# and her figure was slim. She had a natural hour glass figure with boobs and a butt. Her dimensions would respectfully hold up today's hollywood standards, although she'd be on a little softer side rather than a firmer musculature.

She was a complete freak of nature, that's why she was who she was.. and that's why she's been dead so long and people are still talking about her. Nothing about her was "normal".
  • pollyineedtobeskinny
    Options

She was a complete freak of nature, that's why she was who she was.. and that's why she's been dead so long and people are still talking about her. Nothing about her was "normal".

How is she a complete freak of nature? They're talking about her body, not her in general.
  • trophywife24
    trophywife24 Posts: 1,472 Member
    Options
    I was talking about her body composition too, her natural measurements. I meant it as a compliment.
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    I'm skinny, but working on a lean/muscular skinny.

I've been curvy when my weight went up with my pregnancies...I don't like curvy or big boobs, just doesn't suit me imo.
  • MaggieSporleder
    MaggieSporleder Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Curvy but toned. I can't lose these childbearing hips. So I might as well embrace them. :)
  • Macbobbins
    Macbobbins Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I agree that you can't change your shape completely - it's in your genes.
  • kimmianne89
    kimmianne89 Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Curvy but low body fat % :)

Edit to add: my measurements at the moment are 35 - 25 - 35, so I should technically still be curvy *pleeeaseee*
  • Hannah7783
    Hannah7783 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I absolutely LOVE my curves. I just want the edges of them closer together!
  • cheryl117
    Options
    This really bothers me when I see posts like this or the ones that say real woman have real curves ! Some people don't gain weight no matter how much they eat,my 13 year old daughter is only 94 pounds and about 5-5 and eats like a horse lol She is gorgeous just the way she is !
  • cheryl117
    Options
    I agree completely !