SKINNY VS CURVY

Options

Replies

• kaotik26
    kaotik26 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    There isn't one or the other. I am 5'4", lean, curvy, stong and fit. I ****ing hate this argument, everyone gets all butt hurt and that's usually the whole purpose. When will women learn that they don't have to put other women down to feel better about themselves, they just have to own their own issues and insecurities. FFS!!!

:drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • ConnieRoxx
    Options
    Screw what anyone else thinks. I want to be able to run again without anything jiggling!

I love this.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    I am curvy, thick, overweight and I love me! Show me a male who wants bones and I will show you a dog!

LOVE IT :heart:
    The skinny-bones-dog comment is not original and is one of the comments women find extremely offensive. It implies that thin women and those without natural curves are either only good enough for second-rate men or canines.
  • 1stday13
    1stday13 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    caseyg9888: A few women do that yes I agree but a lot of women are curvy yet are not fat.
    By curvy, I mean - hips, boobs and a bum, not just a straight up and down look - no boobs, no bum and no shape in their legs. x

Frankii_x: I wanna be curvy. Not stick thin. I want boobs, bum and a flat tum tum with hips.... God help me pleaseeeeeeeee :smile:
    I so have something to say to casey9888. but I don't want to get ugly here :angry:
  • Leeanne1974
    Leeanne1974 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    From a male point of view, I definitely prefer curvy, and I don't know many, if any, men that prefer skinny over nice curves. I think Marylin Monroe, dress size 12 to 16 (depending on timeline) had the ultimate body!
    She was much smaller than that by today's clothing size standards.

Totally right. By UK dress sizes she was a size 8 at her smallest, a size 12 at her biggest. (I do believe a UK 8 is a US 4)

Ok, time for the granny ;) to speak. I have spent the last 25 years obsessing about my size. I have always been curvy, when I was a size 10 I still had 34DD boobs. I had 36 inch hips and a 24 inch waist.
    I am now a lot bigger than that but still have definition. I have a bust, a smaller waist and then hips. Yeah I am big but I am curvy. No bugger is gonna take that title away from me no matter how hard you try.... ;)

BUT.... In a few short months I will be losing what I have always been confident about - My breasts. In the summer I am having a double mastectomy and a reconstruction - I have the BRCA2 gene (recently diagnosed) and am at an 80% risk of developing breast cancer if I don't have this done. My breasts will be scarred and ugly. But they will still be my breasts and I will hopefully have a much better chance of having a longer life.

What I am trying to say ladies and gents, is this - Please just accept yourself and strive to be as healthy as you can. It isn't the end of the world if you can't be curvy or very slim or have bigger/smaller breasts or pecs etc etc. Some people will never get a 6 pack, no matter how hard they try. But if you do the best you can, eat the healthiest you can (with the occasional blow out - we are all human after all) and just learn that there is no such thing as the perfect figure but that you can strive to be the best you can be, things will get a lot easier. If you can't be slim then accept that you can still tone and get fit. If you can't get curves then be happy that you can build muscle and get fit etc etc.

Signing out :)
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    From a male point of view, I definitely prefer curvy, and I don't know many, if any, men that prefer skinny over nice curves. I think Marylin Monroe, dress size 12 to 16 (depending on timeline) had the ultimate body!
    True. Today's 12 to 16 is an 8 to 12 back then. But even an 8 is considered fat now. So Marilyn was not skinny by today's standard. Even if you want to compare clothing size. Marilyn had some dangerous curves.

Ummm, Marilyn was a size 2 by today's clothing standards, folks. Her waist was 21 inches and her hips were 35.

Kind of ironic that she's held up as the icon of large, curvy women when she was curvy because she had an ungodly small waist. Look it up instead of just guessing.
  • trophywife24
    trophywife24 Posts: 1,472 Member
    Options

AMEN!

Except that in modern sizes, she was more a dress size 2-8. She was skinny with curves.
    No she was an 8 to 12 in modern clothes. The sizes in America back then were on the European scale.

No. Actually. No.
  • pollyineedtobeskinny
    Options
    People are FAR too touchy on here. People have their own opinions, accept it!

I prefer... people who know how to use the search feature so that they realize that their stupid attention seeking topic has been posted about 1000 times already.

Can we talk about something interesting now?

& I PREFER, people not commenting on a forum that they are not interested in JUST to get their silly point across. If you want something more interesting, use google!!! P.S I don't see how it is attention seeking, seeing as I've not mentioned anything about my body in this whole forum. Ugh people :ohwell:
  • pollyineedtobeskinny
    Options
    skinny-curvy is what I prefer. They aren't mutually exclusive. Like this.

mel-bs-curvy-body-in-sexy-lingerie21.jpg

To me SKINNY alone is shapeless and box-like while curvy is well curvy. Now, SKINNY-CURVY is a lower-weight curvy person. That's my view.

I like this view :smile: you're right. She looks amazing. x
  • methadoneugly
    Options
    I find the whole Skinny VS Curvy very damaging. Trying to make bigger women feel better by criticising thin women is no better than thin women criticising bigger women. NO ONE BODY IS BETTER THAN THE OTHER! Also this whole thing that all men "prefer" bigger women and anyone who doesn't is a dog who likes bones, is ridiculous. People are attracted to different things. Women shouldn't be dividing themselves into teams of "Skinny" and " Curvy" and pitting against one another, we should all be on the same team of acceptance and self love!
  • Bronx_Montgomery
    Bronx_Montgomery Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options

mel-bs-curvy-body-in-sexy-lingerie21.jpg

To me SKINNY alone is shapeless and box-like while curvy is well curvy. Now, SKINNY-CURVY is a lower-weight curvy person. That's my view.

OHHHH MYYYYYYY :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: I AGREE WITH THIS 100%
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options

& I PREFER, people not commenting on a forum that they are not interested in JUST to get their silly point across. If you want something more interesting, use google!!! P.S I don't see how it is attention seeking, seeing as I've not mentioned anything about my body in this whole forum. Ugh people :ohwell:

Your user name is ineedtobeSKINNY. You are looking for self affirmation. I suggest YOU look for it elsewhere.
  • CADreaming09
    CADreaming09 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    The only people I've ever encountered that refer to themselves as "curvy" are people who aren't comfortable with facing the reality that they're overweight.

This.
  • trophywife24
    trophywife24 Posts: 1,472 Member
    Options
    True. Today's 12 to 16 is an 8 to 12 back then. But even an 8 is considered fat now. So Marilyn was not skinny by today's standard. Even if you want to compare clothing size. Marilyn had some dangerous curves.

Ummm, Marilyn was a size 2 by today's clothing standards, folks. Her waist was 21 inches and her hips were 35.

Kind of ironic that she's held up as the icon of large, curvy women when she was curvy because she had an ungodly small waist. Look it up instead of just guessing.

Thank you. Someone show me a damn size 8 with a 21" waist. I'm a 6 and I have a 25" waist. Seriously. Stop dragging my girl Marilyn into the Skinny vs Curvy hot garbage. She was TINY. You can have tatas and still be tiny, folks. News flash.
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    In reference to Marilyn Monroe's size...(I cannot attest to the reputability of the information)

"According to available data including movies and photos of the iconic actress, it is possible Marilyn Monroe was a size 12 in the 1950s. Today's vanity sizing would probably make Monroe a healthy size 8 or 10 now. Her photos show a trim waist in relation to her height -- an indication that her body mass index was well within appropriate limits."

http://www.examiner.com/article/health-weight-how-big-was-marilyn-monroe-what-size-dress-did-she-wear
    Options
    The only people I've ever encountered that refer to themselves as "curvy" are people who aren't comfortable with facing the reality that they're overweight.

This.

I don't agree; however, I do agree that overweight women do use the curvy label quite often (sometimes unjustifiably).
  • prophetessmom
    prophetessmom Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Actually, I've always been curvy. I have boobs and hips, even when I was my fittest and thinnest. I don't think I will ever be "skinny" whatever that means and I think sometimes that means different things to different people. I think you can be curvy and fit and I also think you can be thin and fit. I think our society has truly warped our sense of what healthy looks like. I want to be as fit as I can. If I can climb a mountain in a reasonable amount of time, I'm fit. If I can get through a week with minimal pain and discomfort, I am fit. A chart cannot take into account my activity level (realistically), and my body shape. Hopefully, I'm unique and won't fit on a chart that someone in a lab somewhere designed. Sorry for the rant. Just don't judge me because I have a butt and boobs. That's just how I'm built, just like you may be built differently.
    Options

OHHHH MYYYYYYY :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: I AGREE WITH THIS 100%

Thank you Bronx! :)
  • Lyra89
    Lyra89 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    A skinny girl will never naturally be curvy unless she is overweight, and a curvy girl will never be skinny unless she drops to an unhealthy weight.

HEALTHY...that is what I prefer :smile:

You have to work with what you've got. I'm small-framed and I gain weight in all the wrong places...so at my current weight (a few lbs above goal) I have a small bum, slim yet strong legs, small boobs & a LOT of extra weight around my tummy. I *cant* just make that weight go to my boobs and bum...so I can be deemed 'curvy'.

When I GAIN weight, I gain everywhere...at my highest weight I still got attention from guys...probably because my boobs were a DD LOL, but I was sooo unhealthy.

What do people think about ME then, if they think 'skinny' or 'curvy' looks best, when I am neither?
  • Julzanne72
    Julzanne72 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Curvy is where it's at!! :-) I will never be skinny, my boobs would not allow it, nor would my butt!! I like it that way!