SKINNY VS CURVY

Options

Replies

• AndyStanford
    AndyStanford Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    From a male POV, I like women curvy.

That pic of Christina that was linked is a great example of what I'm talking about.
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    oh brother, this again.
  • perfecting_emptiness
    Options
    caseyg9888: A few women do that yes I agree but a lot of women are curvy yet are not fat.
    By curvy, I mean - hips, boobs and a bum, not just a straight up and down look - no boobs, no bum and no shape in their legs. x:

Curvy is a body shape. Not everyone can have boobs, bum, and shapely legs. To be honest I'm so sick of this. How about everyone makes the best of their shape and we don't make others feel badly about not having the body shape/type we find ideal. :drinker:
  • Chadomaniac
    Chadomaniac Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    a well toned woman is nice aswel .. with atleast some form of curves . always curves .
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    caseyg9888: A few women do that yes I agree but a lot of women are curvy yet are not fat.
    By curvy, I mean - hips, boobs and a bum, not just a straight up and down look - no boobs, no bum and no shape in their legs. x:

Curvy is a body shape. Not everyone can have boobs, bum, and shapely legs. To be honest I'm so sick of this. How about everyone makes the best of their shape and we don't make others feel badly about not having the body shape/type we find ideal. :drinker:

agreed...way too much body shaming around here...I want to be the best me, despite what anyone prefers.
  • Tennolina
    Tennolina Posts: 2,413
    Options
    Fit. Not skinny or curvy. Fit.

That is all.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    Where is Britney Spears' epic bulkiness on this scale? that.

This thread is going to degenerate into body shaming before inevitably getting locked. People cannot be trusted to give their preferences without saying other people are gross or disgusting or in other ways insulting them.
  • diodelcibo
    diodelcibo Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    It depends on which one has the higher squat,deadlift , bench total ...

Yep.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    There isn't one or the other. I am 5'4", lean, curvy, stong and fit. I ****ing hate this argument, everyone gets all butt hurt and that's usually the whole purpose. When will women learn that they don't have to put other women down to feel better about themselves, they just have to own their own issues and insecurities. FFS!!!
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    There isn't one or the other. I am 5'4", lean, curvy, stong and fit. I ****ing hate this argument, everyone gets all butt hurt and that's usually the whole purpose. When will women learn that they don't have to put other women down to feel better about themselves, they just have to own their own issues and insecurities. FFS!!!
    LOVE this. I am a firm believer the happier people are with their own shape, the less they are going to worry about others.
  • pollyineedtobeskinny
    Options
    People are FAR too touchy on here. People have their own opinions, accept it!
  • alexbusnello
    alexbusnello Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    25fknm9.jpg
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    What do you prefer?

SKINNY or CURVY?

What body shape do you have / want? :-)

i prefer FIT!

This! I think you can still be curvy when you're fit and 'skinny'. Curvy is a shape.

I have an hourglass figure. I had it when I was nearly 60lbs heavier, I have it now, and I will have it when I lose the last 13lbs I want to lose!
  • jamiem1102
    jamiem1102 Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    Uh... aren't most women "curvy"? It's part of what makes a woman a woman... no?
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options

It's not about being "touchy" it's about the fact that after nearly 2 years of seeing this topic in the forums on here I have never seen this amount to anything respectful. Everyone has their own specific ideal, but inevitably it will become a shouting match of insults and instead being a nice calm banter about ideals it becomes a lot of hurt feelings and nasty words.
  • Cindy873
    Cindy873 Posts: 1,165
    Options
    If you want a different body type, you should find new parents.

Exactly. You can change your weight, muscle tone, etc., but body type is genetic. I'll never be curvy and I'm fine with that, but I have lean muscle tone; just because I'm thin it doesn't mean I'm bony or unhealthy.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    Uh... aren't most women "curvy"? It's part of what makes a woman a woman... no?
    See, this comment is going to blow up in your face. Not all women are curvy, and you've just insinuated women without natural curves aren't women. Im sure you didn't mean it that way, but it won't end well.
  • pollyineedtobeskinny
    Options

It's not about being "touchy" it's about the fact that after nearly 2 years of seeing this topic in the forums on here I have never seen this amount to anything respectful. Everyone has their own specific ideal, but inevitably it will become a shouting match of insults and instead being a nice calm banter about ideals it becomes a lot of hurt feelings and nasty words.

I've not seen this topic before so that's why I posted it as I'm relatively new and would like to see peoples views, now I know not to post anything like this again.
    If they don't like it, just don't read it, everyone has opinions and how they wish to speak them is their choice. I only asked a question.
  • Poods71
    Poods71 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    Just appreciate what you have got cos, trust me, when you get to your 40s you will look back and think, I want the figure back I had in my 20s and didn't appreciate it at the time. Or is that just me :sad: :laugh:
  • sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    Options
    A woman who is confident, sexy and takes care of herself both inside and outside of the gym.