SKINNY VS CURVY

Options

Replies

• Lyssa62
    Lyssa62 Posts: 930 Member
    Options

i prefer FIT!

thank you -- me too . And skinny and curvy have such broad definitions depending on who you ask. I love "MY" curves.
  • murphy612
    murphy612 Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    The only people I've ever encountered that refer to themselves as "curvy" are people who aren't comfortable with facing the reality that they're overweight.

hehehe
  • tashaa1992
    tashaa1992 Posts: 658 Member
    Options
    I just want to look good naked !
    This! Haha, even at my lowest weight(was really underweight)I still had hips and a bum, it's just my bodytype. I'm curvy and I'm always going to be curvy, just gotta embrace it:)
  • kam5507
    kam5507 Posts: 40
    Options
    Definately curvy, but toned.. I think overly skinny is very unattractive!
  • Amberonamission
    Amberonamission Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    From a male point of view, I definitely prefer curvy, and I don't know many, if any, men that prefer skinny over nice curves. I think Marylin Monroe, dress size 12 to 16 (depending on timeline) had the ultimate body!
    She was much smaller than that by today's clothing size standards.
    True. Today's 12 to 16 is an 8 to 12 back then. But even an 8 is considered fat now. So Marilyn was not skinny by today's standard. Even if you want to compare clothing size. Marilyn had some dangerous curves.
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    My ex left me for a bone thin, flat as a board, little thing. At first I was really upset because it made me self conscious about my own body. BUT, I eventually came to my senses. I wouldn't trade my curves for anything, I just want to lose 5-10 and tone, which would put me at a consistent size 4.
  • kam5507
    kam5507 Posts: 40
    Options
    From a male point of view, I definitely prefer curvy, and I don't know many, if any, men that prefer skinny over nice curves. I think Marylin Monroe, dress size 12 to 16 (depending on timeline) had the ultimate body!

AMEN!
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I want a skinny curvy body.
  • altinker
    altinker Posts: 173
    Options
    I look better naked when I'm curvier, but I look better in clothes when I'm skinny. I think it is important to look at body type. I have bigger hips and gain in my hips, rear, and legs first when I gain. Then, I thicken up a bit in my torso. I don't like to go too low in weight -- like down to 100 lbs because while I can wear whatever I want, my rear end is flat and I have no boobs. I also can't find clothes. When I'm 105 lbs (and it's been a really long time since then, I look better because I have more of a rear end.

I'd say that you should examine your body and see how you look. If you go too low, you might lose some of your shape.
  • kaotik26
    kaotik26 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    I'm curvy, and the more I lose the curvier I get! Love it!
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options

AMEN!

Except that in modern sizes, she was more a dress size 2-8. She was skinny with curves.
  • memetj1
    Options
    I am curvy, thick, overweight and I love me! The more weight I loose, the more defined my curves get! Show me a male who wants bones and I will show you a dog! lol and curvy does not mean overweight have you ever seen Beyonce?
  • ConnieRoxx
    Options
    With my bone structure, definitely curvy! Its impossible for me to not have any curves, and that is genetics. The layers of fat on top however, are not lol. I really just want to be at a healthy weight, and I know I'd have the body I want.
  • Bobtheangrytomato
    Bobtheangrytomato Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Screw what anyone else thinks. I want to be able to run again without anything jiggling!
  • pollyineedtobeskinny
    Options
    I don't like the body I have, I'm changing it. Slowly but surely. I'm asking opinions, not asking everyone to slag off others.
  • pollyineedtobeskinny
    Options
    Screw what anyone else thinks. I want to be able to run again without anything jiggling!

Oh my don't we all?! :smile:
  • Amberonamission
    Amberonamission Posts: 836 Member
    Options

AMEN!

Except that in modern sizes, she was more a dress size 2-8. She was skinny with curves.
    No she was an 8 to 12 in modern clothes. The sizes in America back then were on the European scale.
  • pollyineedtobeskinny
    Options
    I am curvy, thick, overweight and I love me! The more weight I loose, the more defined my curves get! Show me a male who wants bones and I will show you a dog! lol and curvy does not mean overweight have you ever seen Beyonce?

LOVE IT! :heart:
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    People are FAR too touchy on here. People have their own opinions, accept it!

I prefer... people who know how to use the search feature so that they realize that their stupid attention seeking topic has been posted about 1000 times already.

Can we talk about something interesting now?
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    skinny-curvy is what I prefer. They aren't mutually exclusive. Like this.

mel-bs-curvy-body-in-sexy-lingerie21.jpg

To me SKINNY alone is shapeless and box-like while curvy is well curvy. Now, SKINNY-CURVY is a lower-weight curvy person. That's my view.