if health is #1, what is your #2 reason to lose weight?

Options
I just want my get up and go, and go, and go back. I miss not being full of energy.

15 years ago I could do anything I wanted all day long, it seemed. Each day was something to attack, not something to watch pass me by. That's what I want.... to go attack the day again.

How about you?

Replies

• mizzie1980
    mizzie1980 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Scuba! Taking scuba lessons is my reward for getting to a healthy weight. I should easily be able to do it this summer; so excited!

Otherwise, if health and health related things are first and scuba is second, I'd have to say sheer vanity. lol But vanity takes a far backseat to health when you have 70 pounds to lose just to reach the top of your healthy BMI range.
  • rose313
    rose313 Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    Looking good is my number 1.

Endurance and ability to exercise is my number 2, I'll be carrying less around.

I also care about other shallow sounding things, like pants size and being the small one in a group.

Health is also important, but I'm young and want to look good, at least I admit it!
  • sakuragreenlily
    sakuragreenlily Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    vanity
  • RobynLB
    RobynLB Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    Naked confidece. Nothing feels better to me.
  • HealthyLifestyleG525
    Options
    not looking so horrible in pictures is definitely at the top of my list!
  • SavageFeast
    SavageFeast Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    1. Appearance
    2. Health
  • zCarsAndCaloriesz
    Options
    My number one is to love myself.
    Two would be health.
    Three, to be able to shop without restrictions.
    :)
  • nightengale7
    nightengale7 Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    I can't wait to fit into my high school pants again. I have been out of high school for 10 years, and I don't want to be the one that "let herself go" at the reunion.
  • lacurandera1
    lacurandera1 Posts: 8,083 Member
    Options
    And the survey says "to look better nekkid."
  • motown13
    motown13 Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    Wow, appearance or vanity before health..... to me that's really sad. My guess is that that if you chose that, you have never had any real health issues, otherwise that would be even sadder.
  • LassoOfTruth
    LassoOfTruth Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    Have a baby.
  • sheppeyescapee
    sheppeyescapee Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    - Disabled horse riding lessons
    - Re-fitting into old nice clothes
    - Look good naked
  • jojo37696
    jojo37696 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    health would be number 1
    shopping for any clothes I want and not using specialty shops would be number 2
  • hannahsteveeee
    Options
    Looking good- I particularly want skinny legs that will look nice in jeans, and to be able to wear cut-out dresses without worrying about my rolls showing. I had skinny legs once. How I miss those days.
  • thebigcb
    thebigcb Posts: 2,210 Member
    Options
    Health isn;t number one.

Its about being fitter, faster, stronger and that just in bed

BOOM
  • RobynLB
    RobynLB Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    To anyone who frowns on people for being shallow because they want to look good: you must not know how exilerating it is to love how you look. People also treat you better and think more highly of you, you get paid and promoted more, and you have a broader range of relationship prospects. There is absolutely nothing wrong with wanting to look good. Everyone wants it, and regardless of what anyone says, it does improve the quality of your life tremendously.
  • 4_Lisa
    4_Lisa Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Freedom to do what I want when I want... IF someone calls and wants to go for a mountain hike, I wanna be able to go on last minute and keep up!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    To look good naked!
  • motown13
    motown13 Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    To anyone who frowns on people for being shallow because they want to look good: you must not know how exilerating it is to love how you look. People also treat you better, you get paid and promoted more, and you have a broader range of relationship prospects. There is absolutely nothing wrong with wanting to look good. Everyone wants it, and regardless of what anyone says, it does improve the quality of your life tremendously.

Every single bit of that is probably true... and yet, how can one possibly put that above good health? I can't fathom it.

Then again, I have a VERY rich friend who swears he would rather be dead than poor.
  • PomegranatePriestess
    PomegranatePriestess Posts: 2,455 Member
    Options
    Health isn;t number one.

Its about being fitter, faster, stronger and that just in bed

BOOM

Faster is not necessarily a good thing in bed... just sayin'.

BOOM!