if health is #1, what is your #2 reason to lose weight?

Options

Replies

• padraigin67
    padraigin67 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Liking who I see in the mirror. :love:
  • thebigcb
    thebigcb Posts: 2,210 Member
    Options
    Health isn;t number one.

Its about being fitter, faster, stronger and that just in bed

BOOM

Faster is not necessarily a good thing in bed... just sayin'.

BOOM!

LMFAO
  • daram05
    daram05 Posts: 80
    Options
    My Husband...he has a life-threatening condition and if I'm not healthy to take care of him, who will?!?!?
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    #1 - Health..bad news from the doc a few months ago and I needed to get my crap together for myself and my family
    #2 - I do miss looking good. Actually, I forgot how it felt to look and feel good until I started trimming down. I was an athlete once upon a time and I am a former Marine. I used to be strong and very fit and looked all kinds of awesome. I'll get back there soon.
  • Abi_bug04
    Abi_bug04 Posts: 220
    Options
    1. to look like I have always imagined myself looking like...and to get *that look* from my boyfriend.
    2. setting a good example for my family
    3. long term health
  • IDCY843
    IDCY843 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I want to buy an itsy bitsy teeny weeny yellow polka dot bikini :tongue:
  • Eskimopie
    Eskimopie Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    After health, I just want to be happy with me, My body isn't happy at its current weight because I got here through disordered eating habits, which I'm slowly working through.

I want to eat normally and exercise normally and not binge or starve myself anymore.

And of course vanity, I look okay in winter clothes but would like to look better when summer comes and shorts and tank tops come out of the closet.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    health isn't my #1 reason.

i'm shallow.

i want to look good. good health can only take you so far since we're all going to die anyway, but the same can't be said for looking good :laugh:
  • HIITMe
    HIITMe Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    To be clear, what I am saying is, if you have NO HEALTH ISSUES, I totally understand vanity issues being #1. But to actually say that vanity is more important than health, well, I don't get that at all. I also notice that by looking at the pictures, most who say vanity are younger. Wait til you hit middle age, LOL.... I bet your opinions change.

Im nearly 45 years old and VANITY is my #1 reason... you cant MAKE folks feel the same way as you do.... I disagree with health being my number one reason... we are all going to DIE>.but Im going to look damn good in my casket... and until then, Im going to look damn good in a bikini

I find no sadness in that at all
  • logicman69
    logicman69 Posts: 1,034 Member
    Options
    To look good naked... what else?!
  • lesita75
    lesita75 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Didn't have health issues to begin with so for me:

#1 - Vanity
    #2 - To lift heavy *kitten* & put heavy *kitten* down
  • jesspi68
    jesspi68 Posts: 292
    Options
    mental health!!
  • kevinlynch3
    kevinlynch3 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Self confidence with a splash of vanity.
  • stormtruck2
    stormtruck2 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    1) Health
    2) To be closer to my wife when we make love, or just get freaky. LOL
    3) Fit in my leather riding suit and not look like a about to rupture bratwurst.
    4) To not have my scale cry "Oh no, not again!" every time I step on it.
    5) To make my wifes friends jealous of my wifes good lucking sexy husband
    6) Because my wife deserves a fit and healthy husband, instead of worrying he's about to keel over with a massive coronary.
  • RobynLB
    RobynLB Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    To anyone who frowns on people for being shallow because they want to look good: you must not know how exilerating it is to love how you look. People also treat you better, you get paid and promoted more, and you have a broader range of relationship prospects. There is absolutely nothing wrong with wanting to look good. Everyone wants it, and regardless of what anyone says, it does improve the quality of your life tremendously.

Every single bit of that is probably true... and yet, how can one possibly put that above good health? I can't fathom it.

Then again, I have a VERY rich friend who swears he would rather be dead than poor.

Well, yeah, life is nothing without good health. I was assuming that what people mean when they say they want to be "healthy" is really that they want to have a certain level of fitness not that they have some actual ailment.
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    To anyone who frowns on people for being shallow because they want to look good: you must not know how exilerating it is to love how you look. People also treat you better, you get paid and promoted more, and you have a broader range of relationship prospects. There is absolutely nothing wrong with wanting to look good. Everyone wants it, and regardless of what anyone says, it does improve the quality of your life tremendously.

Every single bit of that is probably true... and yet, how can one possibly put that above good health? I can't fathom it.

Then again, I have a VERY rich friend who swears he would rather be dead than poor.

You're missing the bigger pictures.

Every one of us is on here because we want something that, from our own (sometimes warped) perspective, we don't have. For people who have health concerns, a big part of this is probably healthy. For people who feel fat or weak or slow, it's to get leaner or stronger or faster. For people with self image issues, it's to feel better about ourselves.
  • DP325i
    DP325i Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    To be clear, what I am saying is, if you have NO HEALTH ISSUES, I totally understand vanity issues being #1. But to actually say that vanity is more important than health, well, I don't get that at all. I also notice that by looking at the pictures, most who say vanity are younger. Wait til you hit middle age, LOL.... I bet your opinions change.

I have health issues, but not related to weight, I got MRSA even when i was fit, same thing with knee problems, just a family curse, so yes, i do think those with heart problems and such health should be #1, but otherwise, GET SEXY PEOPLE!!!!!
  • AckieJ
    AckieJ Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    1. Health
    2. Keep up with the kids and not be that boring lazy fat mom...
    3. Then Vanity.
  • Tishy78
    Tishy78 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    #1 Yes, health. I don't want to become my dad/grandpa/grandma and get diabetes, heart disease, etc. Or die early.
    #2 To like myself again. This one ecompasses a lot of mental barriers for me, the physical being just one of the hurdles.
  • joy2b4me
    joy2b4me Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm looking to eat healthy (food is a medicine) and to be at my physical best. Losing weight is a benefit that usually comes with this.

My reasons are;

Improved Quality of Life
    I want to be around for my daughter (23, lost dad at 18)
    I want to be healthy and independent as I age.

Yes, I want to look good too. It's funny how the way you look at things and what you feel is important. They change as life happens.