if health is #1, what is your #2 reason to lose weight?

Options

Replies

• stfuriada
    stfuriada Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    To anyone who frowns on people for being shallow because they want to look good: you must not know how exilerating it is to love how you look. People also treat you better, you get paid and promoted more, and you have a broader range of relationship prospects. There is absolutely nothing wrong with wanting to look good. Everyone wants it, and regardless of what anyone says, it does improve the quality of your life tremendously.

Every single bit of that is probably true... and yet, how can one possibly put that above good health? I can't fathom it.

I don't have health issues, so yep looking good is where it's at.
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    Options
    How about you?

My reason for losing weight is rather selfish ... I want to like my reflection would be my reason #1. I hated the fat me and dressing her was difficult. Now that I have lost more than 134.5 lbs (if I am to include my numbers when I'd actually started this journey half-heartedly), things are a wee bit better, but for the minor tweaking. Patience is the name of the game though, right?

Reason #2 would be to be able to function as the me I know and not the stranger I had become, even to myself, as of the past 3 years. Road running and being able to trek up a mountain trail without getting sore and winded are the small victories gained over the course of this journey for me.
  • SarahofTwins
    SarahofTwins Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    #2 - fit into smaller sizes
  • DP325i
    DP325i Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    Well that's not judgemental at all motown.... :grumble:
    For me:
    #1 - To look sexy at the beach/pool:love:
    #2 - Keep up with friends on the basketball court and not be "the fat one" out of the bunch:glasses:
  • Saffyra
    Saffyra Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Vanity is my number one reason for losing weight. I dont have any health problems and I see nothing wrong with having "looking better" as a motivation to lose.

I have to second whoever said looking better in pictures, though :D
  • Kath1391
    Kath1391 Posts: 138
    Options
    I don't want my stomach to stick out further then my boobs
  • RhonndaJ
    RhonndaJ Posts: 1,615 Member
    Options
    To be able to do more, and to, well, fit.
  • KnAsMom021109
    Options
    #1 is to look good
    #2 is health

The more I work out to look better, good health will follow. I just can't wait to shop in any store I want :)
  • martinnorton923
    Options
    Health is definitely number 1.

Number 2:- being able to wear my wetsuit and not have to go up a size every year.:bigsmile:
  • ShunkyDave
    ShunkyDave Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    While you'll find I"m tracking my weight loss and calories burned, I'm not actually doing this for weight. I want to look and feel good. I want my clothes to fit nicely. I want to look like I feel in my head (not chunky, but solid and well proportioned).
  • kbogati
    kbogati Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    yes, vanity...also to be able to do more...have a friend that does mud obstacle courses, that sort of thing. I want to join in this year!
  • sakuragreenlily
    sakuragreenlily Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Health isn;t number one.

Its about being fitter, faster, stronger and that just in bed

BOOM

Faster is not necessarily a good thing in bed... just sayin'.

BOOM!

Bwahahaha!
  • amandat_79
    amandat_79 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I wanna look smokin in my wedding dress... and out of it
  • LittleMissNerdy
    LittleMissNerdy Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    1. Look better in pictures.
    2. Feel better about myself.
    3. Kick *kitten* at the beach.
  • 1960HikerDude
    1960HikerDude Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I want to remain active and enjoy the outdoors as late in life as possible.
  • JuicyKey31
    Options
    To feel & Look more sexier!
  • motown13
    motown13 Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    To be clear, what I am saying is, if you have NO HEALTH ISSUES, I totally understand vanity issues being #1. But to actually say that vanity is more important than health, well, I don't get that at all. I also notice that by looking at the pictures, most who say vanity are younger. Wait til you hit middle age, LOL.... I bet your opinions change.
  • my number 1 is ME

my number 2 is my KIDS
  • Anthonydaman
    Anthonydaman Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    my vanity
  • daram05
    daram05 Posts: 80
    Options
    Bump!!!