Advocare 24 day Challenge

Options
Bobbr2
Bobbr2 Posts: 10 Member
Anyone here do the Advocare 24 Day Challenge? If so, what are your thoughts?
Alos, what are your thoughts on Advocare products in general?

Replies

• BonBon24wa
    Options
    Hey! I did the 24 Day Challenge... Well, more like the 10 day challenge for me, lol. But here are my thoughts:

Waste of money. Sorry, I know you probably didn't want to hear that because you're excited about how much you could lose, but it's the honest truth. You absolutely CAN lose weight on Advocare challenge, however it is extremely hard to follow and in the end I gained all of my weight back from eating normal foods. Not even fast food, decent nutritious meals.

While I did love the Spark drinks, definitely gave me energy, I probably wouldn't buy anything else from them. Super expensive and I'm sure there are products out there that work just as well for less. Now that I think of it, I think I'd buy the chocolate shakes from them because they are delicious.. Best I've ever had.

Aside from the Spark and chocolate shakes (vanilla tastes like poo- so bad!!!).. I really hope you chose to not do it. It messed my body up so bad afterwards. You will lose weight, but once you stop eating nothing but veggies and lean meat, you will more than likely gain it back. But like I said, you will lose a ton of weight, especially being a guy! I myself lost like 6 pounds in 10 days. Not as much as I thought it would. Plus it was the hardest thing I've ever done in my life, other than the HCG diet that I tried. That was horrible as well.

My advice, stick with MFP, eat whatever you want just log your calories and work out. Such a crappy answer I know, but in the end it's the healthiest thing to do, even if it takes longer. Best of luck to you!!!!!!!!!!

Peace&Love,
    Bonny
  • memecade
    Options
    I did mine back in March. Lost weight and inches. Love Advocare! I'm still on the supplements and follow the eating plan (mostly). :) I'm getting ready to do another cleanse on Sunday. Even if you choose not to continue with the supplements, the eating plan is a guaranteed way to lose weight and feel great. Another benefit besides weight loss since I started using Advocare--my cholesterol went from 222 to 165. You'll definitely FEEL the difference in the amount of energy you have...and see the difference after your 24 days. :) Good luck!
  • NellasEyes
    Options
    I am currently on Day 5 of the 24 Day Challenge. I'm not sure that it is Difficult to follow AT ALL. I carry my paper around with me just to remind me of what supplement to take when but the Diet is ur standard diet. I eat more now than I did before I decided to start this Challenge. Granted....I am making better food Choices, and working out. I am Down 5lbs since Monday but i have also been Burning alot of Calories in the gym and doing yoga at home.
  • Sballard418
    Sballard418 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I am on my 3rd day of Advocare's 24 day challenge. (Day 3 into the cleanse) I was really worried about doing a cleanse because let's face it, I was worried I'd poop like crazy. I am really surprised how much better I feel. I have no cheated and My mood has improved. I feel really really good. It's semi expensive but if you get the distributor's 40% off it's not so bad. Someone at my work is taking Visalus and she seems to like it okay as well. Plus the meal replacement shakes just take water to make so no need to buy soy milk and the flavors were created by Haagan Das icecream :D Good luck!
  • demartin74
    demartin74 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 16 and down 11 lbs, with a lapse at day 14 when I had a planned dinner (paid for with the subject comfort food, months ago). One day later back to where I was before the bad meal. I found that during the cleanse I wasn't eating enough and didn't go to the bathroom very much at all. I lost the majority of my weight in that phase and am now into the last 14 days with the meal replacement shakes, which are awesome tasting. Good luck with whatever your catalyst is for making better choices... it is worth anything you spend becuase it is your health. :-)
  • mollianna
    Options
    I am on Day 4 of the Challenge and I am down 3 pounds today. Best part of it though is how much better I feel. I suffer from Depression and have been really bad lately. Today I woke up thinking what a great day it was going to be and even ran/walked 2.5 miles before I went to work (and I NEVER get up early). This is the 3rd time I have been on the program in a year. Previously I lost 12 pounds and 10 pounds on the program. The second time I cheated several times so it should have been better.

I read the above post saying what a terrible result she got, but I warn everyone that you have to eat plenty of fruits and vegetables and you have to drink lots and lots of water!! I do not find the program difficult to follow at all. I read the card from the cleanse box and I found others online I could print out and put on the fridge and at work.

Yes if you are a junk food addict like me, you will gain the weight back. I did during the holidays and from my work travel. So that's when I do the program AGAIN!
  • justrist
    Options
    Good Luck all you challengers! It really is life changing :)
  • JLLYBN2
    Options
    I have tried advocare and I would consider myself...neutral. (I know, really helpful, right?) My spouse and I were introduced to advocare products by dear friends of ours. The wife went from size 8 (*sigh* she started at my goal weight) and is now a size 2-4, the husband has lost 28 pounds and is still losing. For me, I lost 6 pounds on the cleanse phase and then stalled when I didn't strictly adhere to their diet plan.
    HOWEVER, I have experienced a substantial benefit from the Spark product. (It's a powder -various flavors available- that you mix with water.) You know when you go into a room and can't remember why you're there? Ta Da! Now I remember, and overall I just feel better. I have no medical background but was curious why it seemed to work. I'm a skeptic and wanted to know if it was real or a placebo effect, so I looked up some of the ingredients in Spark and here's what I found on wikipedia:
    Choline is an anti inflammatory, decreases anxiety, is used to treat alzheimers, artherosclerosis, allergic rhinitis, glaucoma, neurological disorders, alcoholism, hepatits, etc.
    L-tyrosine helps to improve cognitive and physical performance, reduces stress hormone levels in stressful conditions (no appreciative benefit in non-stressful conditions), increases plasma neurotransmitters
    GABA - anti-anxiety, anti-convulsive, regulates neuronal excitability.
    There's a bunch of other good stuff in spark, but I only wrote down what seemed to pertain to me...Geez, that sounds kind of selfish...But it has helped me to focus on my goal to lose weight, feel energized to work out consistently, and has helped my stress level which led me to overeat.
    So from someone who has tried the products my feeling is; no two people are created exactly the same and it's up to us to figure out what works and what we are willing to do to get to where we want to be.

And now when I go into a room I know that's where I want to be because I remember why I went there in the first place =]
  • mwilson44
    mwilson44 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I did the Advocare 24 day challenge back on October 1st. I just had a baby last April. I only followed the food guidelines, no cheating and no working out. I lost 12 pounds and 22 inches. From October 24th - January 20th, I didn't do anything special with my diet, working out etc. I lost another 8 pounds. I am currently doing my second cleanse, on day 9 and am down another 6 pounds. I have lost 26 pounds and three pants sizes since October 1st. I went from an 11/12 (maybe 13/14 on a bad day), to a 7/8. Now granted I had some weight to lose, but I wasn't huge by any means.

I don't find it difficult to follow if you have self-discipline. I'm not a distributor, but will say I'm a big advocate of Advocare. I think they make great products and have really helped me feel great!
  • hiking1957
    hiking1957 Posts: 1
    Options
    So, I just completed the 10 days cleanse. I didn't loose any weight. I already work out 5 plus days a week and eat healthy. I do like the spark drinks. Pretty yummy. I am getting ready to start the next phase and looking forward to trying out the shakes. I still have the 10 lbs that I want to loose so will see where I'm at after the 14 days.
  • karaclark4
    Options
    I have a question:
    I am starting the challenge on Wednesday & need help finding out what I am suppose to eat & what I am not suppose to eat. My lady stopped selling the products a week after selling them to me. Can someone help me on the eating part please?!
  • karaclark4
    Options
    Please & thank you!
  • Awad55
    Awad55 Posts: 1
    Options
    thats why its a lifestyle change you dont go back and eat processed foods... duh
  • MohrsCin
    MohrsCin Posts: 1
    Options
    I ve been on the advocare for 12 days have not lost anything. According to them if u do it by the book and eat right,exercise and drink plenty of water and things u should lose something in 24 days well for the first 12 days nothing. All it has done was caused my sugar to go up due to the shakes. Nothing in the shakes to cause your sugar to drop but it did cause my to go up. I never had soo much problems with my sugar before. Every time i took the shake my sugar went up and got all out of wack. So this is expensive for me.Seeing i paid good money for this im going to continue for the added health of it such as vitamins and nutrion part but as for weight loss it doesnt work for me i still weigh 186lbs and im 5'3 no change in weight at all. I know it varies from person to person but this didnt work for me which disappoints me i ve tried so many things and i cant find anything to help me. You would think eating right,exercising , drinking plenty of water and staying completely away from things that are not good for you would be enough but in my case its not so and adding this 24 day challenge was not worth the money for me at all. I ve seen others on it lose weight and everything. My mother and friends lost weight on it and i ve done it the way it should be and everything noone can figure out why it has not worked for me so i know i wont waste anymore money on this product or anything like it. i cant afford to waste money for something that does not work. wish i could get a refund if possiable if u know a way to get a refund please let me know that would help money wise at least. well for thoes who have had success stories with this congratz and thoes who are trying it out best of luck to you. So that is my story.
  • Stooooo
    Stooooo Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options
    I ve been on the advocare for 12 days have not lost anything. According to them if u do it by the book and eat right,exercise and drink plenty of water and things u should lose something in 24 days well for the first 12 days nothing. All it has done was caused my sugar to go up due to the shakes. Nothing in the shakes to cause your sugar to drop but it did cause my to go up. I never had soo much problems with my sugar before. Every time i took the shake my sugar went up and got all out of wack. So this is expensive for me.Seeing i paid good money for this im going to continue for the added health of it such as vitamins and nutrion part but as for weight loss it doesnt work for me i still weigh 186lbs and im 5'3 no change in weight at all. I know it varies from person to person but this didnt work for me which disappoints me i ve tried so many things and i cant find anything to help me. You would think eating right,exercising , drinking plenty of water and staying completely away from things that are not good for you would be enough but in my case its not so and adding this 24 day challenge was not worth the money for me at all. I ve seen others on it lose weight and everything. My mother and friends lost weight on it and i ve done it the way it should be and everything noone can figure out why it has not worked for me so i know i wont waste anymore money on this product or anything like it. i cant afford to waste money for something that does not work. wish i could get a refund if possiable if u know a way to get a refund please let me know that would help money wise at least. well for thoes who have had success stories with this congratz and thoes who are trying it out best of luck to you. So that is my story.

Advocare offers a money back guarantee. Contact who you bought it from to see if they can help.
  • csuc02grad
    Options
    Did the 24 day challenge, followed everything exactly but some how had one fiber pack left. Did loose an inch, didn't loose a lb, in fact put 2 lbs on. Was taking upwards of 21 pills a day, between the "max packs" catalyst, and fish oil ones, this doesn't include my cholesterol meds, and daily vitamin.

Spark was good I would recommend it if your a energy drink person its a great switch healthier.

Shakes were delicious with one problem 23% of my cholesterol for the day is in there. For someone on cholesterol meds this is completely counter productive.

Here is the part the really upsets me, I work out 7 days a week, 3 personal training workouts a week for lifting, those 3 days I'm at the gym 2x to get my cardio in. I do not eat poorly never have. I have several friends swear by the Advocare stuff, the only think I can think of is these people must eat like CRAP to loose all this weight in 24 days. You can't eat and drink all that stuff they want you to. Plus who can drink fiber mix plus prework out plus a little fruit between 5a-515a prior to going to the gym.

Conclusion: It works if you'v never worked out, eat like crap and your using it to kick start a work out program. My friends who love the stuff tell me that I fall in the very small group that it doesn't work for. I work out harder than 90% of the people at the gym, and I can't loose weight, so I don't blame advocare... but I won't support the claims either.
  • KelseyLK1
    KelseyLK1 Posts: 26
    Options
    I've never done the advocare 24 day challenge but a lot of people at the crossfit box i go to are starting it in a few days. I did a 4 week paleo challenge last month, saw good results but basically gained all the weight back because i felt so deprived. I'm not a big fan of 24 day "challenges" or 4 week "challenges" because it's just not realistic. people lose a good amount of weight, but it doesn't teach you how to keep it off. this is all just my opinion and what i've experienced..it's good if you're looking for quick results though

oh & i loveee the advocare spark! all the flavors taste sooo good t & it gives me the perfect boost of energy..i feel focused, energized and alert without wanting to bounce off the walls
  • roughneckswife
    roughneckswife Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I love Advocare! I've lost 50 pounds since January using the products!
  • Stooooo
    Stooooo Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options
    I have tried everything from the Atkins diet to weight watchers to the 17 day diet and decided to try the 24 day challenge. I completely understand why people get skeptical when hearing 24 days and often ask "what about after the 24 days?" I do NOT call the 24 day challenge a diet because its not. It is a jump start to weight loss teaching you how to eat healthy and NOT diet. The first 10 days is a cleanse getting rid of all the toxins in your body. This is the only cleanse I have ever done that I was actually allowed to EAT. I lost 7lbs in the first ten days. I am on day 15 now and can honestly say I feel AMAZING. Like I said before, I have tried everything and yes I have lost 30lbs before but you better believe I felt like complete crap while doing it. With the 24day challenge I am NEVER hungry, cranky, or tired. I have not measured myself but I know I have lost inches because shorts that were too tight a few weeks ago, are very loose now. With ANY "diet" or program you do it is all the same...what happens afterwards is completely up to YOU. Yes, if you go back to your old eating habits you WILL gain weight back. You have to have a plan. Mine is this: I will eat clean 6 days a week and allow myself 1 or 2 cheat meals on the weekend (either Saturday or sunday). Their products truly amaze me with how healthy and full of vitamins they all are. Spark being my favorite, gives me the perfect amount of energy and taste AMAZING.

Great job so far. Keep up the good work. My wife have followed up the 24 Day Challenge with the 72 Day Challenge. It is something our team put together with a nutritionist.
  • blondageh
    blondageh Posts: 923 Member
    Options
    My husband is on day 9 of his challenge right now and OMG, it is the ONLY thing I have ever put him on where he hasn't been totally HANGRY the whole time. He has been amazing on it. He is usually like a mean dry drunk when I put him on a diet and this time I don't know what it is, the Spark? or what, but he is doing amazing. He even stopped playing his stupid computer games and has energy to play with me and the kiddo. I cannot say good enough things about it. I know it is expensive, but honestly, for the price of the challenge, I think we have saved that in our food bill alone this month from him not eating out. I have been drinking the spark myself and will never stop drinking it if I can help it. I stopped drinking coffee, monster, diet coke, everything. It is full of vitamins! I feel great.

I am doing really well on my own, but I am thinking about doing the challenge myself because I could use an energy boost myself. I get a discount, might as well take advantage of it, right?