Lost any or all respect for Lance Atrmstrong?

Options
motown13
motown13 Posts: 688 Member
I think that for a couple years at least, most people believe that he doped up. It's no real shock that it is actually true, but I was sort of surprised that he actually admitted it after all these years of denial.

How has this changed your opinion of him, if at all?

Oops on the spelling, LOL.

Replies

• perfectingpatti
    perfectingpatti Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    He's a cheater and a liar.

His foundation may do great things, but that doesn't take away his character flaws.
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    he consistently cheated and ruined people's lives. he also failed test(s). i dont see how anyone can respect him.
  • sm1zzle
    sm1zzle Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    he consistently cheated and ruined people's lives. he also failed test(s). i dont see how anyone can respect him.

LOL... how did he ruin anyones life ?
    He has done TONS for people through his foundation.
  • underwater77
    underwater77 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    i lost respect for him a long time ago.
  • georgie_lou
    georgie_lou Posts: 224 Member
    Options

He consistently tried to discredit other riders, treated people like ****e, blamed others and was generally a horrible person
  • Laces_0ut
    Options

LOL he has sued multiple people for speaking the truth.
  • lachesissss
    lachesissss Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    I respect his foundation. But I can't respect him anymore, and I'm saddened by it. It would have been epic to say that all of his wins were honest, and now that the truth has come out I'm not really mad at him, per se. But it is sort of sad to see his cycling dynasty destroyed. It's also a sad way to end a career as an athlete, I think.
  • Laces_0ut
    Options
    it really is amazing how the Cult of Armstrong still believes his innocence. and even if he admits it on Oprah they will probably say he only did it so he could get past it and that he never really did it.
  • sm1zzle
    Options

LOL Whose life did he ruin ?
  • pudadough
    pudadough Posts: 1,271 Member
    Options
    Put him on the *kitten* list with Tiger Woods. Different idiocy, same disgust.
  • glennstoudt
    glennstoudt Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    physically amazing, morally bankrupt.
    Livewrong would be more appropriate.
  • Laces_0ut
    Options

LOL the people who he sued. why is this so hard for you to understand? maybe you should stick to the rate the person above you threads? :)
  • carolww
    carolww Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Its a really sad way to end a career. I really really wanted him to be innocent, but sadly it doesn't seem to be the case.
  • DakotaKeogh
    DakotaKeogh Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    He competed in an era when players doped. And, they all lied about it. Not saying I condone the doping or the lying. But, I can't lose respect for his accomplishments knowing he was competing against what is likely a fair number of other dopers. I say you put an asterisk on his record, but let it stand.
  • bonniecarbs
    bonniecarbs Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Someone keeps asking how did he ruin anyone's life. I want to know too. Lots of people are cheaters and liars, many the more money they have the more crap they do, but I want to know also whose life he ruined.
  • sm1zzle
    Options

LOL the people who he sued. why is this so hard for you to understand? maybe you should stick to the rate the person above you threads? :)

LOL I've never heard one single person say that Lance Armstrong ruined their life. It's funny to me that people are witch hunting Lance, when in fact cycling as a whole is a HUGE cesspool for drugging. So in reality he was playing on a level playing field.

I agree with most though... I lost a lot of respect for the guy because of his lying.
  • sm1zzle
    Options
    He competed in an era when players doped. And, they all lied about it. Not saying I condone the doping or the lying. But, I can't lose respect for his accomplishments knowing he was competing against what is likely a fair number of other dopers. I say you put an asterisk on his record, but let it stand.

EXACTLY.
  • sm1zzle
    Options
    Someone keeps asking how did he ruin anyone's life. I want to know too. Lots of people are cheaters and liars, many the more money they have the more crap they do, but I want to know also whose life he ruined.

Others dislike him as a person so they choose any avenue to trash him.
  • cdpark617
    cdpark617 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    I just feel bad, not necessarily for him, but all those who looked up to him. It would gave been nice if he was clean. Just a sad story of our time we hear too often.

Wish it weren't true.
  • AbbieZabba
    Options

He's just the one of the few that got caught. Still one of my heroes!