SAHM 3/8 - 3/14

Options

Replies

• staceyw37
    staceyw37 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options
    ladies--you pack a wollop! (sp??)
    all of you get so much done in a day, it's amazing.

my quilt layers are together and rolled--ready to sew.
    as per usual, i screwed up in cutting my fabric for purse--so i have to sew two parts back together before i can even start the real process. Will have to wait tho b/c i don't feel like changing/loading threads--purse needs black while quilt needs cream.

boy and i must grocery shop today. supplies are running low. other household work too--laun builds up so quickly! but i REALLY want to get some kind of walk in. + it's to be 66 out today so boy and i should REALLY spend time outside today.

hope everyone has a great day and really hits their water and food goals and exercise too! have fun!!
  • blessdmomof4
    Options
    Hello ladies
    Stacey- many accolades for the quilt. You will have to post pix. I have thought about quilting but have never gotten around to trying it yet. I like to sew but I'm not very good at it. I think I would like designing the quilt but not cutting all of the pieces and figuring out how they go together etc. We did paper quilts for a school project this year and I chose what I thought was a pretty pattern but it was rather complicated to put together. I always did terrible in geometry... And you are so funny about the boys. My favorite boy quote is this.
    Boy- a noise with dirt on it. :laugh:

Trish- You WILL be 208 tomorrow. You can do it!

Nicole - glad you liked the Larabar. I just bought a case of german chocolate ones on ebay for about .75 per bar. Now I can share them w/ the kids. I usually hoard them b/c they are so expensive :tongue:

Michelle - hope the playdate goes well today. We do a lot of talking about self control and brainstorming other options before a play date. It has helped my very impulsive 4 yo a lot to give him other strategies. We love to hear him say "I'm really really madatchu" (mad at you) with his fists and teeth clenched b/c we know he's working hard to control himself and not hit. Sometimes though, there are other kids that just instigate a lot and that makes for very tough play dates...

Katie - sounds like you deserve a rest! If you maintained w/ aunt flo visiting you'll probably have a great loss next week! Good luck on the run tomorrow.

I talked to my personal trainer in Vegas (my cousin who lives there :wink: ) last night. She is so helpful and encouraging to me even though she can't be w/ me for workouts. i asked her about fatburners and if she thought they were worth it and she said definetly yes if you can find a good one. She said to be on it for 6 weeks total, wean on to it week 1 and wean off week 6. She said in the midst of a big loss goal or if you hit a plateau they can be very helpful. I'm looking into a few. Like I've said, I am very sensitive to caffeine (which cousin said is necessary to really rev up the metabolism) so idk if its for me but I thought I would share her advice either way. She also said if you feel like you have too much energy or are jittery you have to use it! She recommended trying to workout in morning and evening while on it to help sleep better.

I hope you all have a great weekend! We're probably getting lots of rain, maybe it will motivate me to clean and organize the house...probably not but maybe :laugh:

Melissa
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    At what point does someone become a runner? Is it when the fat chick runs 10 minutes straight, or when the skinny chick who used to weigh 250 lbs finishes her first marathon?

The other night I had a dream that I ran a half marathon in an hour and thirty-three minutes. I was the winner. I couldn't believe it. I stopped for a moment to cry... then I looked up and saw the real finish line another couple hundred yards in front of me. I had been beaten and come in second. I was devastated.

I spent the day pondering this dream. Given the last few runs I've had, I think it was my soul telling me that I was quitting my intervals too soon. That I can do so much more. That I am tougher than I give myself credit for.

Today I ran 10 minutes straight. Towards the end of the interval, I almost started crying. Not because I was in pain, but that I was in amazement. I couldn't cry though. There was a cute guy running next to me. He was huffing and puffing too. One of us had to be strong for the other. After my 10 minute run (when I was only aiming for 5), I did a 5 min walk. Just as I started running again, said cute guy left. I know I shouldn't be concerned, me being married to the best guy in the universe (who happened to stay up last night till 4 in the morning stripping our bathroom floor by hand), I was kind of disappointed in cute young guy who seemed to be quitting awfully soon after starting. He came after I started, and left before I finished. I only ran 25 mins.

Between my iPod, Steve (who was really there for me today every step of the way with amazing, inspirational tunes), and The Incredibles on the plasma TV in front of me, I had an amazing run today. Remember: if the fat chick can run 10 mins straight, you can do INCREDIBLE things too!
  • DrBorkBork
    Options
    P.S. Also wanted to add that my legs weren't tired, but my BUTT was on fire! Is that normal? LOL
  • nicolee516
    nicolee516 Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! It's been a bust day with gorcery shopping, science projects and making chili for dinner! YUM!

Trish- yes! the butt hurting is normal! I am proud of you! You ARE a runner. I consider anyone who sticks with running for longer than 21 days a runner! (It takes 21 days to make a habit!) It doesn't matter how much you run, it's the fact that you are out there doing it! Trust me, in all of my races, including running races, triathlons, duathlons, etc. I have seen ALL walks of life finishing the race!

Off to drink some more! CHUG a LUG SISTERS!!!
  • katapple
    katapple Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    whoops, way over in cals and carbs today...but still under in fat and protein LOL I don't care, first day of the period is always rough for me. I plan on having a beer later too...I'm sulking, leave me alone ;)

back on track tomorrow with my run though, and I was under by 450 cals yesterday, so I'm just making up for it, right?

Kids have been crazy all day and my 20 month old didn't want to nap...hubby has been gone since 5am and won't be back til 9pm...it's been a LOOOOONG day!
  • michfitzhome
    michfitzhome Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Playdate went awesome!! no hitting, there were older kids today than yesterdays playgroup. so i think that was part of it. no hitting, just playing and there were boys today that were great with them and the boys were all over playing with them!!! i normally have them sit in my lap for 2 or 3 minutes, it is hard b/c they are only 17 months and used to playing rough with their older sisters and each other.

on another not, i do a team fitness class at the gym, i weigh the most!! but have the lowest percent body fat!!! i am so excited about that. i have dropped over 15% body fat since joining the gym. it is still high, 27.5%, not considered obese, so i am so excited. sorry i had to brag about it, i did not lose as much on the scale this week, Aunt Flo is trying to visit, so i was excited. we have a busy saturday and i get to play tennis on sunday,
  • amypyr
    amypyr Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    Trish - I agree with Nicole. You ARE a runner. WTG on the treadmill! :flowerforyou:

Michelle - I'm glad the playdate went well. And great job on losing the body fat %! :flowerforyou:

I got through my 3rd day of Shred! I got just a little bit further again today. Still sore, but not quite as bad as earlier. I did great on my cals today too. And was only over by 76 on my sodium. I've only gotten 6 cups of water today though. But in all, I'm happy with how I did today! :bigsmile: My plan is to continue Shred over the weekend too. The kids have a birthday party tomorrow and pizza will be served. I plan on eating some, but hopefully I can have the willpower to not eat too much. Luckily, the party starts at 11:30 am, so I have plenty of time to work it off.

I'm hoping to check in over the weekend too, but I tend to get busy and not get on the computer much. So let me go ahead and say have a great weekend!!! :flowerforyou: :heart:
  • valmaebel
    valmaebel Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    So I wonder....are you considered a runner if all your running is on an elliptical machine? :P I ran for 30 minutes today....as I do 3-4 days a week. Went quite well. I also did my pilates video, vacuumed the house, pulled the weeds in the yard and made banana bread for a lady from our church. All with a sick 5 month old. :P I felt very productive today! Dinner was so-so, but not tasty enough for the amount of carbs/protein it had so probably won't make it again. Still got a touch of something myself that makes me tired earlier than normal along with a headache at the end of the day. Hoping to feel back to normal by next week....but at least I still did all my workouts this week! My big weigh-in is tomorrow so we'll see if I'm headed back down or not. :P

Michelle - that's awesome about your body fat percentage! To me that's so much better than even losing a few pounds! :)

Katie - Woo hoo on losing the inches! Heck....with Aunt Flo you have such a good scapegoat to gain and yet you didn't! You are to be commended!

Well....off to bed. looks like tonight might be a long one since dd2 has been up every hour or 2 crying because she's coughing and can't breathe through her nose well. *sigh probably won't be productive tomorrow but that's okay. :)

Valerie
  • valmaebel
    valmaebel Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    PS I have been doing much better at drinking my water, but I'm still under a little bit. Going to try the fantastic suggestion of getting some crystal light to help out. :) I'll make it my snack! :P
  • staceyw37
    Options
    looks like a day of accomplishments for everyone--even if you feel like all you accomplished was getting THRU the day. :)

and trish--i talk about you to other ppl (as a + example) of a friend who started running and even did her first 5k! so i agree wholeheartedly with nicole.

val, how do call what you did a slow day?? it's no wonder you're tired come bedtime. ;)

michelle--glad the playdate went so well.
    and melissa i love the suggestions you gave. i need to do a lot more role-playing and practicing things w/my kids. for ex, we need to practice how to get in and out of the car. seems after several yrs they still don't get it. at this point, i see it as my responsib to teach it to them.

one + for yesterday--stayed at the park 1hour+ w/boy.
    AND we did craft night after dinner. dh made this adorable car track with/for boy (link, not our picture) http://www.notimeforflashcards.com/2008/08/naptime-creations-vroom-vroom.html --dh and boy used silver posterboard, drew train tracks, and used stickers too.

and dd2 and i made a paper banner for her room and dd1 made paper fairy cut outs of her own creation (inspired by Usborne's 365 things to make and Do--book).
    made my treat for the week--choc chip cookies. ate a bunch but drank lots of water and otherwise controlled my eating thruout the day. the rest are for kids. and my wt is holding steady.

long post. will sign off
  • staceyw37
    Options
    forgot--amy --wtg on the shred!! you are really progressing!

and katie--hang in there. that was a long-a day!
    gotta say girls, don't even know what's like anymore re: af--haven't had her visit in years thanks to my continuous bcp. even went off for a few weeks recently and no period.
    i like that. i espec like the stability of my moods. :)
    so hang in there WOMEN--you know it will be done and you will be feeling better soon.

ok...time to do something PRODUCTIVE. later chicas!
  • curliegirl
    curliegirl Posts: 191
    Options
    GM everyone! Hope that your weekend is peaceful & productive. Mine has been great so far! Last night we had 4 extra kids for a friends date night . We have been trading for 8 years(WOW!) when life lets us. Next week is our week. Made pizza and I only had one tiny piece AFTER I had my leftover pork tenderloin & mashed potatoes. Ate that so I could have a bit of the dessert I made for the kids. ;)

Today is the first Saturday I have been home in 3 weeks! I love Saturdays. Things move at a different pace. I can focus on projects and get some things that are bugging me done. Did the final touch up of paint(Trish I hope you are painting too!) in the bathroom. Painted the shelves for the closet & I am going to wipe down the shower tile & seal it in just a min. This afternoon I plan to take it easy & work on some scrapbooks(my reward for working all week)

Stacey--good for you for the fun with your kids.
    Amy--Great job on the shred! You can do it!
    Trish--you are a runner, great job on the 10 minute run, we knew you had it in you. Stop watching those cute guys though! :laugh:

My cycle is getting reading to start so I am holding steady at 152 this week. It feels like I have been here forever. I looked at my log & I have been here since Jan. However the inches are down so it is okay--btw great job Katie on the inches! Just gonna keep eating healthy & doing my intervals. It will happen--sooner or later.

Off to drink some more water.

Kim
  • staceyw37
    Options
    melissa--bhg.com has paper/geometric quilt designs to just color. if i find the link again i'll post.

no cutting--just coloring the "pieces" in whatever way suits you/your kids' fancy.
  • staceyw37
    Options
    hs mama's

i'm getting closer to my decision. but i need some advice, if you don't mind.

how do i go from my ideas of diff topics--to a yearly schedule?
    how do i decide what i should cover--i think i lean toward an eclectic style, probably unit study for some, but also want to be sure that i have history and science as regular pieces, not just here and there.

also, could you post or pm me your typical day/week?
    and what do you have for them to get daily physical activity?

and for multiples--i would have a 1st grader and preschooler. do the same topics but diff activities?? suggestions?

i hope you don't mind me posting here. i respect you women and feel safe to test the waters here with you. thank you!:flowerforyou:
  • staceyw37
    Options
    i'm chatty this am.

dh out with boy. girls and i off to library.
    did i mention we have a sitter from 1-7pm?? woohoo!!!

here's the link melissa. 15 cool pages
    http://www.bhg.com/crafts/kids/coloring-pages/free-coloring-pages-geometric-coloring-pages/?page=1
  • DrBorkBork
    Options
    Good work, ladies!

This morning we had a church breakfast for just the primary (kids) leaders. I was afraid there wouldn't be anything there I could eat, as I found out a month ago that they only thing that was being served was quiche (BLECH!), fruit, and horribly naughty ginormous muffins from costco. I almost didn't go, but I'm glad I did. I binged on wonderful, FRESH fruit (strawberries, pineapples, bananas, and grapes), and only had half a muffin. It wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. Immediately after, our church had a quarterly activity for the kids. We had a St. Patricks themed activity with scavenger hunt, treats, and card making.
    I was hoping to take Grace to the horse expo today, but it's SNOWING. Where did my sunshine go?! Harumph.
    No point in taking her out in the cold where there will just be a lot of mud. Maybe next year (and we're going to the Thanksgiving Point farm next month, so I can see her light up on the pony ride anyway)

Andy is busily working on the bathroom. We finished treating the mold issue, and he's in there now priming the floor, walls, and ceiling with Killz anti fungal primer paint. As soon as that's dry we can PAINT and lay TILE! It's awesome to know the end is in sight.

I woke up this morning only .2 lbs away from 40 lbs lost. Tomorrow morning I should be at 208. Here's hoping that chasing 20 kids around and light eating will be enough exercise for today.
  • katapple
    katapple Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    Amy ~ Yay for your inches being down too :)

Stacey ~ BCP make me a complete b!tch, hubby got snipped so there's no need for it now ;)

Val ~hope your little girl is feeling better!

Trish ~ Yeah for an end in site with the bathroom...we tore everything out of ours...but have yet to do anything to it! LOL Hope you wake up to your 208 tomorrow!!

Got in a 7.23 mile this afternoon, and with hills! It was really tough, in fact I had to do a few 2 minute walks after an hour of running, my legs were on fire! Gonna have to go up there every weekend till Bloomsday so I can get used to it! But even with the 8 minutes of walking breaks I still managed an 11:28 mile! I'm super excited about that!! My goal is to run it in 1hr 30min or less...looks like I might do it!
  • amypyr
    amypyr Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    Quick check in for me. Had a good day as far as eating except that I ended up eating a cupcake at the party. Well, I should say I had 2 halves. :laugh: Will ate the icing off his and left the cake part, and Samantha has told me before that she only likes the "bread part" of cake, so I had her icing with Will's cupcake. Mistake. It was quite yummy, but I'm 900 cals over today. We also ended up doing an impromptu family movie night tonight, so I didn't have time to do shred today. I usually exercise after the kids are in bed, but we just got them to bed a few minutes ago. So I'm going to bed in just a few minutes, and exercise first thing in the morning before church.

Actually, I feel good about the fact that I feel disappointed for going so far over my cals and not exercising today. Does that sound crazy?

Good night! :flowerforyou: :heart:
  • DrBorkBork
    Options
    Went out & got new hardware, trim paint, shower curtain, and some other less fun, but necessary, stuff. Can't wait to paint. Was searching for the color champagne & getting frustrated until I came across "sparkling cider". That's it! That was the color. We got a satin ivory color to compliment it.

check in again with you all tomorrow. Had Panda Express for dinner. I hope the sodium doesn't push me in the wrong direction tomorrow.