SAHM 3/8 - 3/14

Options
1235»

Replies

• valmaebel
    valmaebel Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    Well....my kiddo is starting to be on the mend. She was smiley and chatty this morning finally. Still a little plugged up, but at least she's acting less miserable. :) Too bad I still seem to be lagging with something. My hubby was a sweetie and let me sleep in while he hung out with the kiddos. that helped a lot. Visited my grandparents and they ordered a pizza. Since I had slept so late I hadn't had lunch so that helped balance out the calories with my running this evening. Lost about a pound this week....so at least I'm headed in the right direction!

On a happy note.....6 years ago today I married the fantastic man this is my hubby. :) He had to work tonight but we're going out to the Melting Pot on Tuesday to celebrate! :P

Stacey - Craft Night sounds like a blast! How old were your kiddos when you started doing things like that? My oldest is just 2, but I wanted to start doing something like that so my husband has some fun time with his kids. :P

Kim - Yay on losing inches! To be honest....I'd rather lose inches than pounds anyway. Weight is deceiving whereas with inches you know you're starting to look better. :P

Katie - I'm wowed by you and the others who run so much! I run for 30 minutes on the elliptical machine and I feel so proud. :P Although I eventually will be starting to run outside (probably in the fall considering how hot it is here in phoenix) because I want to run in a half marathon next January. :)

Hope you all have a fantastic end to your weekend!

Valerie
  • staceyw37
    staceyw37 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options
    val--glad your baby is feeling better. hopefully she'll sleep well tonight so you can too!
    and happy anniversary!

as for special stuff with kids. it's been different b/c of interests and skills. with dd1, i was baking regularly with her before age 2. she also painted and did other stuff.
    dd2--still don't always like baking with her as she's not as good at following along and not messing the stuff up. she's pretty good with art supplies BUT has penciled on many inappropriate things--closet door, dollhouse roof. so i still need to watch her.

and ds1--that BOY can barely do any of the stuff! he will stick his trains into the pancake batter (when you're not looking), marker up himself and the walls, and eat the playdough, and DUMP loads of glue onto non-glue kind of things (like his wooden garage set). the only reason we could do craft night with him last night was b/c dh was here to do one-on-one.

tonight with the nanny he shaped pipe cleaners while his sisters built castles and cut out foam fairy dresses.

i hope that helps--oh! ages of kids
    dd1 9.5, dd2 5.5, ds 3

book for ideas--140 nights of family fun activities (lisa bany-winters??)
    & unplugged play by bobbi conner (for ages 12months to 10yrs)
  • staceyw37
    Options
    trish--how exciting to get all those supplies and see progress! great job on restraining yrself on those muffins. i stroll by them all the time in costco and just barely resist putting them in my cart!

amy--those desserts pack on the cals like nobody's business! back on track tomorrow.

y'know it's been a month since regular (4-5day/wk) exercise for me. it's time to get back into the swing of things. i think for me right now that will mean exercising at 6:30am (or sooner). or specifically plan on being at Y with boy and workout there after taking girls to school. any other time in the day just won't work for me/family.
    wish me luck!

and katie--WOW! that's great running and that you pushed yrself even w/the burning legs. you runner girls (trish that means you too) really amaze me.

nicole--you out there? sending good thoughts your way.

ok. off to catch up on my 5yr journal (one short entry per day for 5 yrs--should be very cool to look back on in the future!) night!
  • staceyw37
    Options
    should i admit that i still didn't exercise yesterday and ate too many choc chip cookies??
    looks like i just did.

i have an addiction ladies....woe is me --hehe

seriously:
    today's goals--WATER WATER 56oz
    3 balanced meals w/total of 4 fruits/vege
    quilt 1hour
    exercise--2miles

have a great day!
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    Gained a pound thanks to water retention. By the way, Panda's new honey walnut shrimp is tasty! Now you know why I weigh an extra pound. Sodium, sodium, sodium. Why must restaurants douse their food with copious amounts of it?

Goal today: drink enough water to sink the titanic (150 oz), go to church, help hubs in bathroom if I can.
  • staceyw37
    Options
    another thought on using camera to cut down on clutter

but i don't know if i could do this....
    http://completeorganizingsolutions.com/2010/02/reduce-sentimental-clutter-by-photographing-your-memories.html
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    I is sad. Hubs said he doesn't want me to help cuz I have a tendency to want to get it done NOW while he tends to take his time and make it perfect. Honestly, I appreciate that he wants a gorgeous bathroom just as much as I do, but sad that I am just sitting here twiddling my thumbs.

Already done with water ounce #90, and working through 120. Looks like I'll meet my 150 oz goal by bed time.
  • katapple
    katapple Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I'm not so sure about Facebook...my husband just found out that we possibly have orders to England! OMG! Of course, if he gets accepted to the school in OH, these orders will be canceled, but still!

sorry, just had to get that off my chest...I'll chat a bit more tomorrow
  • amypyr
    amypyr Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    Stacey - Thanks for the de-cluttering idea! I am the worlds worst for keeping something because of the sentimental value. It may stay in a box and not be seen for a couple years, but I don't want to get rid of it. Tony will be happy when I share this idea with him! :smile:

Katie - England?! Wow!

Trish - I can understand you wanting to help with the bathroom. Hopefully it won't take that long. :flowerforyou:

I took yesterday off from 30 day Shred, but I did it again today. I didn't go any further than I did Friday, but I'm happy to say that it didn't take me as long to get my heart rate back down after I finished as it did the last 3 days. It's still kicking my butt, but I think it's actually working.

Have a great night! :flowerforyou: :heart: