Are you the pretty FAT chick?

Options

Replies

• PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    FINE PRINT
    P.S. Please don't leave any negative comments..if you don't have anything nice to say Please move on and say nothing at all.

Unfortunately for you, this is a public forum. And what you consider negative might just be someone being snarky, blunt etc. And that's them. Can't control how someone will post advice. If you really want it, you'll try to keep an open mind to what they are saying. Otherwise, you can always just ignore the comment. Pretty simple to do that too.

As for my advice to you - it is pretty much what others have said but you've bypassed. Especially Sara's. She's pretty knowledgable and very straightforward. Same with Morebean. A lot of people that others might think as snarky or mean are actually some of the best motivators.

Either way, make this a lifestyle change and know that all you need to accomplish your goals is you. Not some fancy diet fad, not some movie, book, etc. It's you. And you can do your own research without spending loads of cash and find things that work for you.

Two of some of my favorite quotes come from MFP people (both have been accused of being mean because they are pretty much blunt and know that sometimes it takes a verbal smack to get one moving at times):

"Don't worry about yesterday. You've got the knowledge to go forward and that's all that counts" - MFPer DavPul

"Stop being weak, only weak people allow themselves to be sabotaged" - MFPer Acg67
  • slimsdown
    slimsdown Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    its not a magic fix but may trick your brain into feeling fuller quicker and steer you towards healthy food and want to exercise more. its the same hypnotherapist as singer Lilly Allen

the book is called hypno diet by Susan Hepburn

just listen to cd for 20mins a day and read the book for inspiration and success stories.
  • Royalsbatwench
    Royalsbatwench Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Eat less, exercise more.

That is so weird...
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options
    the "pretty fat chick" or the "pretty, fat chick" ?

demotivational-posters-punctuation.jpg

omg!! ur a MORON!! gud enuff 4u

you know you can get a strike here for calling people names, such as the one above.

good thing i'm not the type to get butthurt and report others, but not everyone is like me. you should be more careful.

we are trying to help you, but you're not listening. and yes, punctuation does matter. we truly don't know if you mean "pretty fat chick" or "pretty, fat chick". they mean different things. of course i wasn't the person who raised that point, i simply replied to that poster with an image to help explain why punctuation matters. then you responded by calling me a moron.
  • 1Pretty_Busy_Mom
    1Pretty_Busy_Mom Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    FINE PRINT
    P.S. Please don't leave any negative comments..if you don't have anything nice to say Please move on and say nothing at all.

Unfortunately for you, this is a public forum. And what you consider negative might just be someone being snarky, blunt etc. And that's them. Can't control how someone will post advice. If you really want it, you'll try to keep an open mind to what they are saying. Otherwise, you can always just ignore the comment. Pretty simple to do that too.

As for my advice to you - it is pretty much what others have said but you've bypassed. Especially Sara's. She's pretty knowledgable and very straightforward. Same with Morebean. A lot of people that others might think as snarky or mean are actually some of the best motivators.

Either way, make this a lifestyle change and know that all you need to accomplish your goals is you. Not some fancy diet fad, not some movie, book, etc. It's you. And you can do your own research without spending loads of cash and find things that work for you.

Two of some of my favorite quotes come from MFP people (both have been accused of being mean because they are pretty much blunt and know that sometimes it takes a verbal smack to get one moving at times):

"Don't worry about yesterday. You've got the knowledge to go forward and that's all that counts" - MFPer DavPul

"Stop being weak, only weak people allow themselves to be sabotaged" - MFPer Acg67

ignoring you and only you
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    FINE PRINT

ignoring you and only you

Good to see you were looking for advice and not someone to tell you that it isn't your fault and coddle you...lmao! Best of luck :flowerforyou: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    I was the pretty fat chick..... but then I started counting calories. :wink:
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    i used to be.

now im radiant and skinneh.

i never changed my diet.

well... i eat more and i quit hating almonds, so
  • diodelcibo
    diodelcibo Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    No.
  • InsaneShalaine
    Options
    No such thing.
  • redheaddee
    redheaddee Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    10-12 hours a day at the computer = office @ss. Unless this is an absolute necessity (perhaps you are a 911 dispatcher?) than reduce the amount of time at the computer and go outside. Do ANYTHING other than be in the same room as the computer and the fridge. While at work, take short breaks. Do a lap around your building, do some desk yoga, walk a mile at lunch. It WILL add up. And PATIENCE. If you really want to do this right, you have to take the time to find what will work for you and to h3ll with the rest.
  • redheaddee
    redheaddee Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    [ignoring you and only you

WOW. Just...WOW. :noway:
  • shrinker19
    shrinker19 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hey pretty busy mom. I feel your pain. I just started but I know having someone to exercise with really helps me stay on track when I want to skip a day. Do you have anyone who might take a short walk with you at lunch?
  • InsaneShalaine
    Options
    omg!! ur a MORON!! gud enuff 4u

U shudnt be calin peeps namez when u cants evun speell
  • dtban
    dtban Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Try this recipe it is sooooooooooooo yummy and very filling.

put in a blender:
    1 ripe banana (so it is sweet not sour)
    1 table spoon of peanut butter
    1 handful of baby spinich (don't worry when it is blended it has no taste)
    1 cup of cold water or milk or half milk half water
    6 to 8 ice cubes
    blend until smooth and drink and enjoy

this is very delicious...unless you dont like banana and peanut butter. if so, substitute whatever you would like to add flavour...ex: strawberries and blueberries?

My husband and I did this for breakfast and lunch every day and had regular supper and snacks in between and lost an inch every couple days

I also worked out to turbo jam which is soooooo fun!!
  • mrhodes16
    Options
    I'm with you on the diets that you have done. I have as well and then some.

My husband and I are challenging each other and it helps to have someone in it with you. I purchased a FitBit for him and myself. It sinks with your Myfitnesspal account and it is AWESOME! I log all of my food on this site and the steps/activity are all logged on my FitBit account. So far it has been working for us because it holds you accountable for the steps you should be taking daily. The more steps you take the more food you can eat. It is a simple concept but it is helpful to actually see it. I sit behind a desk all day long as well but it has made park further and try and walk whenever I can. So far it is the best $60 I have spent for the each of us. Did I say it also sinks with my IPhone? Another amazing feature!

Best of luck! Atleast you are the pretty "FAT" chick :-) There is your light at the end of the tunnel!!!
  • 1Pretty_Busy_Mom
    1Pretty_Busy_Mom Posts: 449 Member
    Options

U shudnt be calin peeps namez when u cants evun speell

Give it a rest! GO WORKOUT OR COUNT CALORIES!
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    It has taken me three years to lose 24 pounds. I still have a long way to go. THE ONLY THING that has worked has been getting over myself, my justifications for my failings, and my lack of confidence that I CAN and WILL reach my goals. It does not sound like you're mentally ready. Hell, half the time I'm not sure I'm mentally ready. But once you are, you'll stop looking for outside influences, secret shortcuts and magical tips. You'll put in the hard work, you'll get back up every time you fall, and you'll eventually get to where you need to be.
  • cnelson1974
    cnelson1974 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Have you tried consulting a nutritionist? I tried a few fad diets and would even try the, "I'll eat what he/she's having" diet. I tried to go running with a friend of mine at the gym and nothing worked.

When I went to a nutritionist, he outlined what I could and could not eat anymore. He showed me how much food a meal consisted of and how to combat cravings. Mine was extremely supportive and the most un-doctorlike doctor I've ever meet. He wanted me to be healthy and happy as much as I did. It was really inspirational.

I accually don't count calories exactly . . . as long as at the end of the day my numbers show green instead of red. If they end up red, I evaluate what I ate and try to eat smaller portions of it or find another food that I want to eat that has less of whatever it is I ate the day before.

Good luck! :D
  • PottsvilleCurse1925
    PottsvilleCurse1925 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    YES I AM :blushing: