Marriage values in our society....

Options

Replies

• AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    My marriage is fine and is on our terms, and this is how I feel about judging other people's marriages and how they live:

1200413_o.gif
  • IamBlackMamba
    Options
    87% of internet statistics are made up on the internet.
  • JezzD1
    JezzD1 Posts: 431
    Options
    I yearn for the good 'ol days when affairs didn't happen.

When unicorns flourished and Jesus rode Dinosaurs....

R u saying Dinosaurs don't exist? :sick: :tongue:

WHAT????????????? theres no dinos???

I love dinosaurs.

Believe it or not there are those that think that the dinosaurs were a lie. That they are a government conspiracy. Kid you not. It amazes me too...

RAWR :love:
  • AnahitaCanDoIt
    Options
    Personally, I think every marriage and situation is different. How 'bout I don't judge you; you don't judge me.

By the way, these are YOUR morals and values...probably based on your religious beliefs. Everyone has different belief systems. None of them are right or wrong. Just different.

Soooo glad I don't live in a society where the religious right wing conservatives think selling guns in Walmart is grand but having sex is a sin!
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options

Wait, but I heard it on the internet and I read on the internet that they can't put anything on the internet that wasn't true.
  • PottsvilleCurse1925
    PottsvilleCurse1925 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    You're right; none of us have any values.

I, too, miss the old marriage values of society. When women were forced to marry the men who raped them. Or when women were considered property and nothing more. Or when women couldn't marry someone of a different race.

Yup. No values today. We've only gone downhill.

THEN LET'S BRING BACK THE GOOD OL' DAYS! YAH!!!! HERE'S TO BRINGIN' BACK GOOD TIMES! :drinker:

ETA: Please don't let my wife see this post.
  • julesxo
    julesxo Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Personally, I think every marriage and situation is different. How 'bout I don't judge you; you don't judge me.

By the way, these are YOUR morals and values...probably based on your religious beliefs. Everyone has different belief systems. None of them are right or wrong. Just different.

Soooo glad I don't live in a society where the religious right wing conservatives think selling guns in Walmart is grand but having sex is a sin!

Agreed.
  • OlyOtis
    OlyOtis Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Oh, and why is marriage "sacred"? It is only a contract really, and contracts are broken or dissolved all the time. Of course, I'm an atheist and don't place the same importance on the word "marriage" many religious people might.

Line up ladies, uberman is here to sweep you off your feet.
  • michelejoann
    michelejoann Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    ....annnnd this hasn't been locked down yet?

EXCELLENT.
  • Julettashane
    Julettashane Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    Oh, and why is marriage "sacred"? It is only a contract really, and contracts are broken or dissolved all the time. Of course, I'm an atheist and don't place the same importance on the word "marriage" many religious people might.

I don't think you have to be "religious" to put value upon your marriage. Regardless of the actual contract, you look someone you love dead in the eye and you vow your love and faithfulness through sickness and health, rich or poor, etc. Why do I have to be religious to think that means something??

exactly!!! just because your "atheist" doesnt mean you can not value something like the love and faithfulness of your spouse
  • TheRightWeigh
    TheRightWeigh Posts: 249 Member
    Options

Wait, but I heard it on the internet and I read on the internet that they can't put anything on the internet that wasn't true.

Ahhhh ha ha ha ha....
  • Countryboy_
    Options
    I am very disappointed in hearing some news today. Where has everyone's marriage values gone? I'm hearing waaay too much about people having affairs, or secretly meeting someone for "lunch" or "texting and/or talking on the phone" when your spouse is unaware. These are all considered Affairs....whether physical and/or emotional....they are still affairs. I know that if anything like this ever happened to me, I would TRY my best to work through it with my husband....I would....but knowing my personality, it would be the hardest thing I ever had to do in my life. I feel so BLESSED that I have a husband who has the same marriage values as mine but also dumbfounded and a little (i should say ALOT) disgusted at the things I have seen at the gym and also with the news I heard today. Shame on some people for not putting the importance of their marriage above any "lust" or attraction you may of felt. :(

This is nothing new today. This has gone on since marriage was started. Its human nature. It has always happened, and it will always happen. Its just life.
  • Luvmesumkenny
    Luvmesumkenny Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    THEN DONT GET MARRIED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Worry about your own marriage rather then judging everyone elses.
  • ellenasl210
    ellenasl210 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Let me break it to you: It has always been that way, it is just much more easy to know about these things now. Study history, infidelity all over the place!

Truth haha
  • RobfromLakewood
    Options
    I yearn for the good 'ol days when affairs didn't happen.

When unicorns flourished and Jesus rode Dinosaurs....

R u saying Dinosaurs don't exist? :sick: :tongue:

WHAT????????????? theres no dinos???

I love dinosaurs.

Believe it or not there are those that think that the dinosaurs were a lie. That they are a government conspiracy. Kid you not. It amazes me too...

Because it was faked with the moon landing, the FBI had bought too much foam rubber and figured why not aliens, not realizing people would make mistakes on the plot and call them 'dinosaurs'.
  • Julettashane
    Julettashane Posts: 723 Member
    Options

Ahhhh ha ha ha ha....

WHAT!!? i only believe it if i found it on the internet!! :laugh:
  • TheRightWeigh
    TheRightWeigh Posts: 249 Member
    Options

I don't think you have to be "religious" to put value upon your marriage. Regardless of the actual contract, you look someone you love dead in the eye and you vow your love and faithfulness through sickness and health, rich or poor, etc. Why do I have to be religious to think that means something??

exactly!!! just because your "atheist" doesnt mean you can not value something like the love and faithfulness of your spouse

Right. Take away a deity and legal system and there are still TWO people who made a commitment.to each other. That's what marriage is. It should be a big deal they honor it. Human to Human. If you don't want to add in God & law...
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options

I'm an atheist also. But, I am still an empathic, caring, moral person that does not want to harm anyone and I value my partnership with my husband and want to remain an intact family for my own enjoyment as well as for my children. And I am deeply happy in my marriage. However, my marriage is my concern. Other people's marriages are not my concern. They can have their own rules or their own problems. It's not my concern or my business. However, I would not choose to be a part of something that is harmful to others. I do not think it is right when people have affairs with people that are married (knowingly), so I would not choose to be friends with people that would behave that way. We just would not have anything in common if they felt that was appropriate behavior. Unless they are in an open marriage, then I am ok with that.
  • FuzzyDicePHL
    FuzzyDicePHL Posts: 51 Member
    Options

Precisely! I don't need to be threatened with hell to be a moral person.
  • savage22hp
    savage22hp Posts: 278 Member
    Options

Lol , was all of this written by the same poster ?
This discussion has been closed.