Marriage values in our society....

Options
I am very disappointed in hearing some news today. Where has everyone's marriage values gone? I'm hearing waaay too much about people having affairs, or secretly meeting someone for "lunch" or "texting and/or talking on the phone" when your spouse is unaware. These are all considered Affairs....whether physical and/or emotional....they are still affairs. I know that if anything like this ever happened to me, I would TRY my best to work through it with my husband....I would....but knowing my personality, it would be the hardest thing I ever had to do in my life. I feel so BLESSED that I have a husband who has the same marriage values as mine but also dumbfounded and a little (i should say ALOT) disgusted at the things I have seen at the gym and also with the news I heard today. Shame on some people for not putting the importance of their marriage above any "lust" or attraction you may of felt. :(

Replies

• Windy_
    Windy_ Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    Another Judgey McJudgerton thread....BINGO!
  • DamnImASexyBitch
    DamnImASexyBitch Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    I agree in MY marriage those would be affairs. In other people's marriages some of that may not be. Who are you to judge?
  • dirtnap63
    dirtnap63 Posts: 1,387 Member
    Options
    Judge much?
  • hearthemelody
    hearthemelody Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    Windy, I will beat you at Bingo one of these days!
  • LetsMakeupXtina
    LetsMakeupXtina Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    Yep, there's a lot of bad **** happening in the world. but everyone has their own values and everyone has their own situations that fit their lifestyle IMO.
  • Windy_
    Options
    Windy, I will beat you at Bingo one of these days!

Not with the amount of time I spend on the forums....=P
  • Windy_
    Options
    Stupid double posts.
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    People have their own values. Those values may not match mine or even yours.
    But as long as it doesn't personally effect me, honestly why care?

People need to worry about their own affairs. Their own affairs only.
  • parys1
    parys1 Posts: 2,064 Member
    Options
    Thine judgement is heavy, perhaps thou art starting a 5x5 lifting program?
  • SmexAppeal
    SmexAppeal Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    The responses to this thread already show the lack of values.
    No, it's not her business, but apparently it's something she wished to talk about. Marriage is supposed to be sacred. And people are throwing it away like it means nothing. So I totally agree with this post. Is it my business whether someone else has an affair? No... but that doesn't take away from the fact that the world's population is lacking morals and values.

And why in the world do you bother commenting on such a post if you just want to say it's none of their business? It doesn't really make sense. If you don't want to discuss it, then find your way out.
  • ubermensch13
    ubermensch13 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    Let me break it to you: It has always been that way, it is just much more easy to know about these things now. Study history, infidelity all over the place!
  • OkieinMinny
    OkieinMinny Posts: 834 Member
    Options

bwahaha - they should hang together
  • ubermensch13
    Options
    Oh, and why is marriage "sacred"? It is only a contract really, and contracts are broken or dissolved all the time. Of course, I'm an atheist and don't place the same importance on the word "marriage" many religious people might.
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    I yearn for the good 'ol days when affairs didn't happen.
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options

I heart you so hard.
  • beernpizza
    beernpizza Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    Let me break it to you: It has always been that way, it is just much more easy to know about these things now. Study history, infidelity all over the place!

This! I wanted to write this but I couldn't find the right words.
  • ubermensch13
    Options
    I yearn for the good 'ol days when affairs didn't happen.

When unicorns flourished and Jesus rode Dinosaurs....
  • TK266
    TK266 Posts: 3,689 Member
    Options
    i have to agree with ubermench. If you believe that "marriage values" have gone anywhere, you are mistaken. As long as there has been marriage, there have been examples of infidelity (I could point out several in the Bible). it is only new to folks who have noticed it around them for the first time.
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    If she would follow the bible and just do what I tell her to, no matter how vulgar or base, I wouldn't need to go looking for carrots in Caterwaul's garden if you catch my drift. You know, pick some berries at the apple orchard? Eh? Eh? Grabbing a few pints down at the old five and dime?? Eh? Get me? Heh. Eh?
  • Cameron_1969
    Cameron_1969 Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    I can't disagree with this. .it was those 'texts' and 'secret' friends that destroyed my marriage. . . The cost/benefit analysis of lust when married just doesn't add up. . But hey. . most people seem to think there's nothing they can do to stop themselves. It's not their fault!
This discussion has been closed.