What does your username mean?

Options
perfect_storm
perfect_storm Posts: 326 Member
With all the funny and sometimes odd usernames I was wondering what they mean or what was the inspiration behind them. Mine....

I was a rather volcanic child/young woman, my gram used to call my temper either a beautiful storm or a perfect storm and told me

never to apologize for it, it was strength and as I got older I would learn how to harness it.

Replies

• Windy_
    Windy_ Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    It's my name.
  • clydethecat
    clydethecat Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    my middle cat was born at the aspca and the volunteers named him and his sisters after the ghosts from pac man. he was clyde. that became clyde the cat. i thought it i was a cute name so i stole it...
  • flatblade
    flatblade Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    It is a nickname for a golf putter (flatblade) and I do love to golf!
  • Windy_
    Windy_ Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    my middle cat was born at the aspca and the volunteers named him and his sisters after the ghosts from pac man. he was clyde. that became clyde the cat. i thought it i was a cute name so i stole it...

You mean you aren't really Clyde the cat?
  • spade117
    spade117 Posts: 2,466 Member
    Options
    Nickname and random number that was supplied when creating username/email accounts back when intertubes were invented.
  • LittleMissNerdy
    LittleMissNerdy Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    I'm Little. I'm a Miss. And I'm Nerdy.
  • hearthemelody
    hearthemelody Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    I used to be douhearthemelody, and decided I liked the shortened and more assertive version.

Oh, my name is Melody.
  • twill68
    twill68 Posts: 84
    Options
    just my boring name nothing spectacular...
  • sissiluv
    sissiluv Posts: 2,205 Member
    Options
    'Sissi' is a nickname I've had since elementary. 'Luv' is just meant to be cute. c:
  • stumblinthrulife
    stumblinthrulife Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    I've done the whole funny internet handle thing to death. So it's just my name.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    first initial plus nickname plus lucky number
  • c_rizzy
    c_rizzy Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    has to do with my name. c=cheyenne and rizzy comes from my last name :)
  • _skittybang
    _skittybang Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    Husband's nickname for moi. My initials are SKT so he calls me skitty bang, skitty skitty bang bang, skit skit, etc.

My last username was SnailTrailzz - which is what I leave after an uber burn.
  • My name is Kayla.
    My favourite play is Peter and the Starcatcher.
    And so Kayla and the Starcatcher was created.

Although, I think I'd actually rather be the starcatcher instead of with the starcatcher, but whatever, that's another story.
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    It's what kids call me because no one can say my last name right. The foremen at my job call me that too.
  • clydethecat
    clydethecat Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options

You mean you aren't really Clyde the cat?

lol.. well sometimes i wake up in the middle of the night and find him trolling around the forums...
  • Tennolina
    Tennolina Posts: 2,413
    Options
    I'm originally from Tennessee....now in North Carolina. --- Tennessee+Carolina= Tennolina. :)
  • SDHudgins1976
    Options
    It's just my initials my last name and the year I was born.... I'm so boring
  • darkguardian419
    darkguardian419 Posts: 1,302 Member
    Options
    Mine comes from a few different things.

Dark - combination of my haircolor/eyecolor and my sense of humor. I was "tall, dark, and funny" in highschool (where the nickname started)

Guardian - comes from how protective I am of the people I care about. Started at a party where I stopped a rape. The cop who refused to arrest me for putting the other guy in the hospital called me that.

419- 4/19, my son's birthday.

Funny thing is, most people don't know the first two :D
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,780 Member
    Options
    I think I identified with the comic character when I was younger because he was named after the animal which is described as - "[The wolverine] is a stocky and muscular carnivore, more closely resembling a small bear than other mustelids. The wolverine has a reputation for ferocity and strength out of proportion to its size, with the documented ability to kill prey many times its size."

and the 66 was my jersey number when i played sports.

i've used some variation of the screenname since the dial-up/ AOL days.