What does your username mean?

Options

Replies

• krhn
    krhn Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    My Chinese name translated back to English and then missing some words to make it short :laugh:

Karchun ---> krhn
  • Einahhh
    Einahhh Posts: 139
    Options
    My name Stephanie backwards is Einahpets, so I shortened it to Einah and added some more Hs :)
  • Jarce
    Jarce Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    It's the initial for my first name and my last name
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,752 Member
    Options
    Retirehappy is my goal and what brought me to MFP.

I want to retire happy. That means I will be fit and slim so I can do all the traveling I have on my to do list in retirement.

Many places in the world, the people are so slender, someone like me takes up too much space in the transports, I don't what to be that "big American" taking up space so there is no room for that sack of rice, that chicken crate, and those two guys trying to get into a crowded jeepney. :laugh:

I don't want to be old, fat, and unhappy when I will have so much free time to do exactly what I want to do, when I want to do it where I want to do it.
  • magnum26
    magnum26 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Mine was from the original Halo pistol, but I also love ice-cream so it's both, and 26 is my birth date.
  • Sparkle_Princess
    Options
    My friends have always called me Princess and I often get told I have spark and my eyes Sparkle so with some help I came up with Sparkle_Princess and I think its a My Little Pony too.
  • aquarabbit
    aquarabbit Posts: 1,622 Member
    Options
    It's a combo of my Chinese and Western zodiac signs. I'm a rabbit in Chinese, and aquarius in Western. I'm not into the zodiac signs all that much, but they seemed to fit together well enough to use as a username.
  • leebesstoad
    leebesstoad Posts: 1,186 Member
    Options
    It's always fun for me when the lightbulb goes off for someone to realize where my username came from. I've used it on multiple online forums. I've had a few people here on MFP recognize it. It started a few years ago when I was joining my first on-line forum. One part of that group was talking about the upcoming Metropolitan Opera season and one of the featured presentations that year was of my favorite opera, Tristan und Isolde. At the end of the opera, with Tristan dead, bodies all over the stage, Isolde quietly begins to sing the final scene, the big "aria", the Liebestod (or "Love Death"). For me, the ultimate expression of romanticism in all of opera. Love so great that you literally die.

My life has been quite a journey since that first forum. In some ways it has taken on another meaning as well. Because my life has also become Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.
  • ThisIsItAt50
    ThisIsItAt50 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Be Your Best You is my business name (www.beyourbestyou.ca) - it was taken when I opened my fitness pal account so I just added that to it... lol
  • doug_pierce
    Options
    Mine means I lack creativity and have no problem sharing my IRL name. It's also my username on IG and Twitter.
  • mcibty
    mcibty Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    It's my Twitter name, which my friends created for me. MC is my initials, and the rest stands for 'is better than you'. It makes me chuckle.
  • CollieFit
    CollieFit Posts: 1,683 Member
    Options
    It's always fun for me when the lightbulb goes off for someone to realize where my username came from. I've used it on multiple online forums. I've had a few people here on MFP recognize it. It started a few years ago when I was joining my first on-line forum. One part of that group was talking about the upcoming Metropolitan Opera season and one of the featured presentations that year was of my favorite opera, Tristan und Isolde. At the end of the opera, with Tristan dead, bodies all over the stage, Isolde quietly begins to sing the final scene, the big "aria", the Liebestod (or "Love Death"). For me, the ultimate expression of romanticism in all of opera. Love so great that you literally die.

My life has been quite a journey since that first forum. In some ways it has taken on another meaning as well. Because my life has also become Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

I got it, but only because German is my 2nd language. :smile:
  • Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    used to go by "P.Hucker" till my son worked out that it was a work-around for "f*cker" so I could be cheeky on a message board without getting banned. Changed it to Phrick after that to keep the continuity and general sentiment but not have my kid running around saying it :laugh:
  • CollieFit
    Options
    I couldn't think of anything terribly creative, so it is simply the size I would like to be again after having gained weight for the last couple of years.

I'm a UK14 and would like to get back to being a UK10 (US 6 ??)
  • goalss4nika
    goalss4nika Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I have goals in life and the last 4 letters of my name...ShaNIKA :bigsmile:
  • CookNLift
    CookNLift Posts: 3,660 Member
    Options
    character from my favorite book (first one I read in high school)

Crenshinibon - Crenshinibon is a vile relic of immense power, a crystal shard that draws its magical energy from the light of the sun. Crenshinibon is a sentient artifact, and it possesses a never-ending hunger for power and glory at whatever cost; therefore, Crenshinibon is not a reasoning being.

it was my first AIM s/n and the regular name was taken, and my favorite color was red, so I figured cranberry red / cran - cranshinibon
  • CollieFit
    Options
    It's a combo of my Chinese and Western zodiac signs. I'm a rabbit in Chinese, and aquarius in Western.

I like that! But in my case "dogtaurus" kind of sounds like some form of dinosaur.... :huh:
  • Lanise_10
    Lanise_10 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    boring actually...it's just my middle name followed by my birthday
  • centarix
    centarix Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    i'm a spy....from cairo :)
  • TS3g
    TS3g Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    My initials plus my racecar number. The "g" in the number is for my nephews Gavin and Grant.