Dumbest thing you've heard this week

Options

Replies

• summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    Dumbest thing heard this week: Sandy Hook didn't really happen, and it's an elaborate government hoax to take all the guns.
  • thatsillyshana
    Options
    I was walking my dog in the park a few minutes ago, two runners went past and I heard one say "it sure is chilly tonight".
    It was 79 degrees (at 6pm)
    My question is-- where is she from that this is chilly in January?

I'm one of those people. But I'm from Florida and I think anything under 80 is nice. Its 76 in my apartment and I'm wrapped in blankets! >.<

I speak on behalf of wisconsin...we hate you... :P lol

lmao!!! love meeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!
  • thatsillyshana
    Options
    I was walking my dog in the park a few minutes ago, two runners went past and I heard one say "it sure is chilly tonight".

I'm one of those people. But I'm from Florida and I think anything under 80 is nice. Its 76 in my apartment and I'm wrapped in blankets! >.<

Wow - it was 60 degrees last night and I slept with the window open..

- Massachusetts resident.

I'm jealous! To me, that's freezing, but I love it! I think the coldest I've ever been in florida was around 30 degrees and I didn't leave my bed.
  • Songbird1104
    Songbird1104 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    At a restaurant the man next to me asked if they had seltzer water. The waitress countered with, "No, but we have Sprite!"
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options

I'm the same. I live on the Florida/Georgia line on the coast. I get cold if it dips below 77. :P
  • melissa9005
    Options
    How on earth could you possibly believe that the Sandy Hook shooting was a conspiracy?
  • x_ItNeverEnds_x
    Options
    You can use myofascial release massage to loosen fat stores for spot reduction.

Srs.

Ummm no. I may have only been doing massage for a few months but this is BS. I love people who think Lipo Massage makes you lose fat. No, it makes you take a big poo. That's way your waist is smaller after.
  • DarkHours
    DarkHours Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    That anything anyone has ever written in any forum or other online group format makes a tinker's damn of a difference in a larger sense. It's all just detritus.

"Like" if you agree and 100 Ethiopian babies will be saved from starvation.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    You can use myofascial release massage to loosen fat stores for spot reduction.

Srs.

Ummm no. I may have only been doing massage for a few months but this is BS. I love people who think Lipo Massage makes you lose fat. No, it makes you take a big poo. That's way your waist is smaller after.

I'm not sure what any of that means, but I think we agree that massage does not work for spot fat loss and myofascial release has nothing to do with loosening fat stores.
  • SayLiLIG
    SayLiLIG Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    "People don't kill people, guns kill people!"

My response - "So the gun pulled it's own trigger??"

"No someone pulled it, but the gun is what killed him"

Me- wooow.
  • MissAnnieBananie96
    Options
    This is something my friend said and did.
    Something went down, blah blah blah, then she said this:
    "I don't want to tell anyone about this, because I don't want them to worry about me."
    Uhhhmmm.... she told ME though... we're best friends, and she doesn't want people to worry about her, but she told ME...
    I love her, but what the frig?!
    Then she went all psycho because I told her boyfriend who happens to be one of my friends about that, and she got angry with me after he told her about it.
    So there is something stupid that I have heard.
  • lwagnitz
    lwagnitz Posts: 1,321 Member
    Options
    i
  • rgohm
    rgohm Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    from my MIL, if you don't pay attention to your weight, you'll start to lose.

^hmm this seems to be how I gained MY weight!!
  • libbymcbain
    libbymcbain Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    David Cameron threatening to take Britain out of the EU.

Oh, you meant on MFP? A trainer told someone not to eat fruit or carbs after 4pm, even after a workout.
  • Maidofmer
    Maidofmer Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    from my MIL, if you don't pay attention to your weight, you'll start to lose.

^hmm this seems to be how I gained MY weight!!
    that was my thought too. guess i'm doing it wrong lol
  • RekindledRose
    RekindledRose Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    Interesting article on Sandy Hook

http://memoryholeblog.com/2012/12/24/the-sandy-hook-massacre-unanswered-questions-and-missing-information/

Not to be disrespectful of the lives lost or the families and friends missing their loved ones, but anyone who thinks that a government wouldn't stage events to manipulate and then disarm people in the pursuit of enslaving them... well, you're living in a place called Disneyland.

Ever study history much? It happens time and time again.

But as far as the dumbest health related thing I heard this week?

"Women shouldn't lift more than 3 lbs." ~by some celebrity 'trainer'.
  • melissa9005
    Options
    Interesting article on Sandy Hook

http://memoryholeblog.com/2012/12/24/the-sandy-hook-massacre-unanswered-questions-and-missing-information/

Not to be disrespectful of the lives lost or the families and friends missing their loved ones, but anyone who thinks that a government wouldn't stage events to manipulate and then disarm people in the pursuit of enslaving them... well, you're living in a place called Disneyland.

Ever study history much? It happens time and time again.

But as far as the dumbest health related thing I heard this week?

"Women shouldn't lift more than 3 lbs." ~by some celebrity 'trainer'.

I don't think that believing this tragedy truly happened, makes this place Disneyland. It's pretty sad that you believe this was all planned. All 20 of those innocent babies shot and killed... was a plan? Makes me sick.
  • AbbieZabba
    Options
    That anything anyone has ever written in any forum or other online group format makes a tinker's damn of a difference in a larger sense. It's all just detritus.

"Like" if you agree and 100 Ethiopian babies will be saved from starvation.

:laugh: :drinker:
  • katy_trail
    katy_trail Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    This was Christmas Eve, but I still can't believe they said it.

I can't remember their exact comment, but they were complaining the Punch wasn't our relative's special recipe,
    because he didn't add sugar to the Hawaiian Punch ......why? why would you ADD sugar?

This week, seen on the can of cherry flavored 7up. claiming it has antioxidants.
    seriously?
  • KittyViolet
    KittyViolet Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    <just overheard at the grocery store, a teenager to her mother, while holding a 2 Liter bottle of Coke> "No, this is just one serving. They can't put more than one serving in a package."

Mother, while pointing at a 24 oz. bottle: "So how many servings in THAT bottle?"

Teenager: "Well, that's, like, a kid's size."

Mother: "Oh, okay, well, we better get two bottles. Your dad and brother each wanted one."

This makes me want to weep.

I know it!! Me too!! I couldn't help myself - I had to stop and let them know all the serving size details were available by, uhm, turning the bottle and reading the nutrition facts. Once they started arguing with me about it.... I just smiled and nodded and said, "Enjoy."

They... They argued... with you... But the serving size is... WAT. *brain fizzle*

PS, your ticker had me in stitches! LOL