embracing bigger boobs??

Options
1235»

Replies

• jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    Try Lane Bryant they have good bras for bigger boobs I am a 40 DD and can always find bras there!

Lane Bryant carries larger cups size but not smaller band sizes so if you're thin with really big boobs (comparatively speaking) you won't find what you're looking for at Lane Bryant.

^^

Very true. And keep in mind, you can fit into clothing at LB and not fit into the bras. (This is me! At my highest weight, I was about a 36H/size 18-20, and they tend to stop at F or G in the smaller bands.) I couldn't get the "sister" size of 38G, since it was too big in the band.
  • imaburnin
    Options
    Button up blouses are the worst. I always have to buy a size bigger just to get them to button up properly. Sadly the clothing industry doesn't standardize their size and they don't tend to make clothes for women with above normal breast sizes. But ever so often I can find something that works for me or I'll splurge on getting a seamstress to alter clothing to fit me better if it's something I really like.

THIS!! I can't stand button ups with my Ds. Impossible to negotiate, and I have to remember which brands run small or large. I've been sticking to layering dress clothes to avoid the dreaded buttons.
  • xsmilexforxmex
    xsmilexforxmex Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    For me it's always low cut or strappless tops that don't look right... and I have to buy long t-shirts so they don't show my mid section. But what really gets me frustrated is that I have to go to specialty shops to find 34F... *sigh* I won't complaind because they don't cause me back pain anymore but I feel like they just keep growing!
  • Vailara
    Vailara Posts: 2,454 Member
    Options
    Try Lane Bryant they have good bras for bigger boobs I am a 40 DD and can always find bras there!

Lane Bryant carries larger cups size but not smaller band sizes so if you're thin with really big boobs (comparatively speaking) you won't find what you're looking for at Lane Bryant.

^^

Very true. And keep in mind, you can fit into clothing at LB and not fit into the bras. (This is me! At my highest weight, I was about a 36H/size 18-20, and they tend to stop at F or G in the smaller bands.) I couldn't get the "sister" size of 38G, since it was too big in the band.

Evans is our "outsize" shop here in the UK and I used to find the same problem, that they did bigger back sizes, but not big cups with smaller back sizes. It's frustrating! I was a 36J at my highest.
  • SamanthaMT
    Options
    I have also gone to Victorias Secret bras only. They are expensive but only if you pay full retail. There are tons of coupons and sales where you can get them for the same price as a department store bra. They will fit you so you can be sure you are getting the correct fit and my VS bras last ten times longer than department store ones.

also, I wouldn't trust their fitting, like go get a real fitting, they just measure under and tell you your band size not your cup size and they aren't really trained at all. VS is expensive, expensive does not equal good. i learned that from VS

Yeah, their fittings are AWFUL. They actually told me...and ARGUED WITH ME...that I was a 36C. My underbust measures 31" and my chest measures 37.5". Every decent bra fitter I have ever been to (obviously not VS) has put me in a 32F or a 34E (32DDD or 34DD) depending on the brand and style.

I do have some of their bras, though, and I find a couple styles quite comfortable. But definitely have to try it on first. To get a decent bra in my particular size, I have to spend money. It seems that most people can't possibly fathom that my size exists, even though it is quite average (most people wear the wrong size anyway).

No kidding. When I realized that I needed a smaller band (was a 38DD, or so I thought) I went to VS to see if they had a 36DDD. They also argued with me that I was a 36DD when I told them that it didn't fit they told me "goodbye." The next week I went to Dillard's for a fitting and was a 34G.

Victoria's Secret just wants to make a sale so they will put you in whatever they have in stock.

Dillard's has a great range of sizes and styles. While they cost more, my breasts have never been happier.
  • aquarabbit
    aquarabbit Posts: 1,622 Member
    Options
    The best advice I can is to learn how to sew. I have larger boobies too (although I had them reduced at 19, best decision I ever made), and knowing the basics of how to take in a dress here and there is such a great skill to have! I always have to buy larger clothes and then take them in. You could probably take a sewing class or talk to a seamstress about giving you a private lesson or 2 for not too much money. You can also try looking on youtube. There are lots of great tutorials on how to fit clothes. It really widens the types of clothes you can buy.
  • coolraul07
    coolraul07 Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    I've embraced bigger boobs and smaller boobs, and y'know what? They're all great.
    ^^^THIS!:laugh:

Don't mind me... just wanted this topic to appears on my wall.:drinker: *SQUEEZE* :blushing: *RUN*
  • jamiesillimandunn
    jamiesillimandunn Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Yup , thought my gut was covering my toes , but honestly that's slimmed down a lot and still there is no way in hell I can see them over my bust !! So I give up hahaa...best bet get them tailored ...thats what I'm doing ;) the wide be,to are great too :)
  • JDBLY11
    JDBLY11 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    So I'm not technically overweight, and haven't been since I was like 10, but I had gained a lot of weight recently because of hypothyroid, and because of that weight gain, and also just my body, I have DD boobs. And they appear really big on me people often refer to them as massive haha. I know a lot of people view big boobs as a good thing. And luckily they aren't big enough to cause me a lot of pain or issues exercising, though I do get some back pain, and have to wear really good sports bras and even then running isn't exactly comfortable. But the biggest issue for me is having to buy bigger tops or dresses. It really gets me down when I have to buy a size large sweater, or a size 10 dress, when I wear medium or waist size 28 (like a 6) bottom, and often times a medium or even small dress or sweater or top fits fine until the middle of my boobs.
    Anyone else struggle with this, and how do you get over it?

That is perfectly normal with bigger boobs. My cousin has bigger boobs (size D) and a lot of times shirts would kind of stretch too much across the chest and look tight or the chest area would be too small. She was only a size 8 at the time. It is just something you have to live with. I have the same issues even when I am 20-30 lbs. overweight. My grandma years ago said I had the biggest boobs she had ever seen or something like that. I think a size B or C boobs would be perfect. I will have to see if mine shrink when I get to a healthy weight range.
  • caspergirl7
    caspergirl7 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    Simply put: if you got 'em, flaunt 'em. It's great to have curves.

^^ THIS!! : )
  • JDBLY11
    JDBLY11 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    There are perfectly beautiful minimizer bras out there. That can help a lot. But you'd be surprised how many women love to complain about large breasts because it gets them even more attention. ;)

I don't want to get all holier than thou as a breast cancer survivor, but "boob" is so demeaning. Breasts. Just say it. It's not so bad.

I don't remember ever really getting extra attention because of my boobs, but I have always been at least a little overweight so that may be the issue.