What do you 'hate' about being fat?

Options

Replies

• neale68
    Options
    That what I see in the mirror is chubby but in my head I'm still like I was when I was fit and more attractive.

This is how I feel, too. And I hate seeing reflections of my "side view" in windows, etc. I'm like, "whose body is that? It's not mine." I actually hate all reflections of myself - again - it just negates the whole image I have of myself in my HEAD!
  • plzlbsbegone
    Options
    Hmmm.....what don't I like? Well all of it....but for starters....I hate how my pants wear out on the inner thinghs first because my chubby thighs rub together! I have actually had to patch a pair of my favorite jeans!! I hate how I feel like I am constantly "sucking it in" so people don't think badly about me...I hate worrying about whether or not I will have a second chin in the picture that was just taken....or how huge I look compared to my tiny friends....Oh man, I could go on and on, but the worst is staring into a closet full of clothes that I will NEVER look amazing in, because I am just too big :(
  • Emmalindley
    Emmalindley Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Not having people look twice or sneaking a glance when I walk by. Working hard to change that.

I agree with this one - I've been at my current job for a year and work in a male dominated environment but they don't make flirty rude remarks about my body and I want them too!!! lol
  • Emmalindley
    Emmalindley Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Never getting a second look from men/ Always being the "fat friend"

This too!
  • jr1985
    jr1985 Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    Mostly... I Hate how much people Hate fat people... I'm not just talking about the common "Yeah she's a nice chick, but I'm just not attracted to her" attitude... which can also be disheartening... but let's be honest, we all want to be with someone who we find attractive... I'm talking about the stereotypes that fat people are lazy, smelly, stupid, you name it. I'm serious... google "I hate fat people" sometime and see the garbage that comes up.

Yes I agree that 95% of the time, weight is something that you can control... I TOTALLY understand about not having time to cook right, work out, etc... Shoot I'm working 3 jobs I understand about it being difficult to find the time to make healthy changes... I get that genetics, metabolism, disorders also play a part... but ultimately... do you want to be in shape bad enough that you will go ahead and make the sacrifices, whatever they may be to get in shape?... But even if you are doing everything that you can to live a healthy lifestyle... you still wont' be in shape tomorrow... it takes a LONG TIME to see changes. Ready to viewed as a human being and not as an animal by society!
  • ryblueeyes
    ryblueeyes Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Spending an extreme amount of time trying to get dressed because nothing F'ing fits anymore!

Exactly! Oh, and looking back at pictures of how I looked when I lost weight the FIRST time around
  • shimmergal
    shimmergal Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    <<-- THIS FEELING! To be specific, my muffin top and thick arms!
    Can't wait for get get it of the unwanted creases I see in the mirror. 20lbs to get rid of all the unwanted junk I am carrying arround.
  • ajewellmom
    ajewellmom Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    ...Needing to walk behind someone's chair and knowing my fat is in the way
    ...Not being able to buy boots that go over my calves
    ...Not being able to sit comfortably on an airplane
    ...Bathing suits
    ...Packing to travel and realizing I could take twice as much with me if my clothes didn't have twice as much fabric as the average joe's
    ...Knowing people are staring at the "fat girl" on the dance floor (and not in a good way, I might add)
    ...Feeling like I can't sit comfortably next to others on a couch because I am invading their space
    ...Expense of clothes and they aren't even nice

I could continue, but I think you get the idea.
  • mairinosteen
    mairinosteen Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Having to shop in the plus size for clothes, takes too much effort to get ready to go out with friends. Having friends that are smaller in body size then I am. Stretch marks. Being the fat sibling :(

I totally agree with the 'being the fat sibling.' All of my siblings are athletes. My younger brother does track, cross country, biking, and karate; my older brother plays soccer and was even good enough to go to one of those Olympic training camps; and my sister does endurance horse racing. Even if I was an average weight I would be the fat sibling and I am well over average weight :grumble:
  • belgerian
    belgerian Posts: 1,059 Member
    Options
    You mean what did I hate clothes shopping always having to buy a larger pair of pants and or shirts.
  • Skinny_minny_mo
    Skinny_minny_mo Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    shopping for clothes! such a nightmare. and then trying to find things that fit and cover the flab.
    avoiding places where you had to show your skin - the beach, water theme parks
    scared of guys holding you in case they feel your fat rolls etc etc.
  • dmkirk28
    dmkirk28 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    When I quadraboob....Then I know it's time....
  • srcardinal10
    srcardinal10 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Never getting a second look from men/ Always being the "fat friend"

Same here darling. Same here.
  • onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    Options
    hmmm I think that we should love ourselves at any size. Self-loathing can happen at any size. I didn't like parts of my body when I was underweight.
  • chrissypow
    chrissypow Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I can relate to almost everyone that has posted.
    I hate pictures of myself,
    that I can't keep up with other people when we are walking or shopping,
    that clothes are not as cute and getting harder and harder to find, (My main reason for joining this site was because it was getting hard to find clothes that fit!)
    when the seatbelt is hard to fasten,
    how I don't feel as pretty as everyone else I'm around,
    and of course my confidence. I have been overweight as long as I can remember. I've never had a boyfriend, and I think my confidence and how I feel about myself is a part of that.
  • Nessiechickie
    Nessiechickie Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    Clothing Shopping. Here's why:
    Founding an item I really want/ looks cute :happy:
    Look at the size ... it's too small for me :grumble:
    Find my size...:sick: ... why does it know look like crap/different now? :sad:
  • juditanne
    juditanne Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    - not feeling healthy
    - trouble finding appropriate clothing for all occasions
    - being "the fat friend"
    - "she has a cute face"
  • triciaj66
    triciaj66 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    never feeling pretty
  • juditanne
    juditanne Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Mostly... I Hate how much people Hate fat people... I'm not just talking about the common "Yeah she's a nice chick, but I'm just not attracted to her" attitude... which can also be disheartening... but let's be honest, we all want to be with someone who we find attractive... I'm talking about the stereotypes that fat people are lazy, smelly, stupid, you name it. I'm serious... google "I hate fat people" sometime and see the garbage that comes up.

Yes I agree that 95% of the time, weight is something that you can control... I TOTALLY understand about not having time to cook right, work out, etc... Shoot I'm working 3 jobs I understand about it being difficult to find the time to make healthy changes... I get that genetics, metabolism, disorders also play a part... but ultimately... do you want to be in shape bad enough that you will go ahead and make the sacrifices, whatever they may be to get in shape?... But even if you are doing everything that you can to live a healthy lifestyle... you still wont' be in shape tomorrow... it takes a LONG TIME to see changes. Ready to viewed as a human being and not as an animal by society!

AMEN.
  • triciaj66
    triciaj66 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    never feeling pretty