What do you 'hate' about being fat?

Options
Just starting a friendly topic of what do we hate about being fat?

Replies

• 4mydogs
    4mydogs Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Honestly I try to not to focus on hating my body at any size, I focus each day on what I can do to be healthy and strong. I think when we hate something about ourseleves we sabatoge the work we do here. I know that sounds a bit pollyanna or zen but it has taken me 46 years to finally realize I am more than just a number on the scale.
  • zilliegirl
    zilliegirl Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Having boobs !!! I hate them I never had them and I am more than ready to see them go lol
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    Everything. I woke up this morning and realized that for the first time since I got fat I'm starting to really care again and get involved with all the political and human rights issues that used to matter to me. I'm all fired up and ready to wreck corporate and government face!

Maybe it's just having a little hope and confidence back. I have zero when I'm fat. I am a zero when I'm fat. Just a big nothing with no motivation or dreams. And I'm never going to let myself be her again.
  • cubbies77
    cubbies77 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    -Lack of stylish clothes (not many choices, and they all kind of suck)

-Wondering if I'll fit in that chair

-Can't ride most roller coasters

-No short-sleeve shirts. I have bingo wings, so I cover them with 3/4-length or full-length sleeves. Short sleeves always show the bulge, and I find myself tugging them down.
  • TheChocolatePrincess
    Options
    Back fat....Other than that I think I'm pretty darned hottt!
  • glubben
    glubben Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Clothes not fitting is the worst. And that grunt you let out while getting out of a low chair :P
  • Becoming_A_Butterfly
    Becoming_A_Butterfly Posts: 2,534 Member
    Options
    Just knowing that I can do and be a whole lot better, that I am selling myself and those I love short.
  • shellma00
    shellma00 Posts: 1,684 Member
    Options
    Being uncomfortable and unhealthy
  • Jizes318
    Jizes318 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Spending an extreme amount of time trying to get dressed because nothing F'ing fits anymore!
  • Makeda1211
    Makeda1211 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I'm going to start off by saying that I absolutely love myself. In saying that, I don't find that I hate being fat. I dislike not feeling healthy. Because I dislike not being able to move as quickly or have enough energy to carry around the body that I created, I feel it is time to make some changes.
  • disneygallagirl
    disneygallagirl Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    trying to find something that fits and you feel good in, when you're thin you can wear almost anything and look good....my motivation is my skinny wardrobe in my closet!
  • BamBam125
    BamBam125 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    That what I see in the mirror is chubby but in my head I'm still like I was when I was fit and more attractive.

That my boobs are bigger... Really they were perfectly sized before.

That I can't wear (or don't have the confidence to wear) some really cute flattering outfits.

That I get winded easily when I shouldn't.

That I know it took years to gain this much and now it's not something I can fix overnight... Why didn't I fix it earlier! Oh, right, because I was stressed to the max... Fixed the stress, now battling this.

That the skinny new nurse at the doctor's office a year ago gasped because she wasn't expecting that number on a scale for someone my height.

That the doctor probably thinks I wasn't trying hard enough because I stopped taking Phentermine (so not worth it) and then gained more that year instead of losing.

That my favorite outfits are too small.

That I'm not as attractive without clothes on as I was before--and it's not an age thing!
  • kariannmbc
    Options
    Spending an extreme amount of time trying to get dressed because nothing F'ing fits anymore!

This is me exactly.
  • KenosFeoh
    KenosFeoh Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    The way my smallest pair of jeans are squeezing my thighs right now. Grrrrrrrrrrrr! (they'll be loose some day)

After I've gotten dressed to go out somewhere, I look in the mirror and never feel good/satisfied. At best, I feel "adequate".
  • 4men1lady79
    4men1lady79 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    1) PICTURES!!! Especially pictures taken off guard!
    2) My oldest son calling me fat and telling me I must still have a baby in there (he's 5 but a child's honesty can still hurt).
    3) And how easily I sweat when doing the simplest things and it shows through your clothes where exactly you have rolls!

These are also some of my motivators to lose this weight :-)
  • CAITS21
    CAITS21 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Lack of clothes! The myth that 'fat' people are lazy!!!! And not having as much energy to play with my nephews!
  • curvynblonde
    curvynblonde Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I hate that I immediately think others think I'm fat when they first meet me or see me. I guess I have some body issues going on...
  • BeLightYear
    BeLightYear Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    Photos!
  • LongMom
    LongMom Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Pictures and lack of energy - it's hard keeping up with two small kids when you are lacking energy! I also have to be in pictures...hate looking at them and seeing myself not looking the way I see myself in my mind.
  • lynnw24
    lynnw24 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I could write a 10 page essay about what I hate about being fat! So I'll keep it short and say EVERYTHING!!!