Do you have any strange fears?

Options
NakeshiaB
NakeshiaB Posts: 250 Member
I'm interested to know if anyone out there has any strange fears?

I have this strange fear of 4WDing, I don't know why, it makes me tense and sick to my stomach whenever I go. I guess it's the slow bumping rolling and thumping of it all, and getting stuck every 5 mins is no fun! I hope to face this fear one day as I do like to be out in the wilderness.

I also don't like being in confined spaces up high, either on their own I can handle but together does not sit well with me. Another odd fear is any large flightless bird bigger than a turkey, it's the huge feet, long necks and beady eyes *shivers*

What are your odd fears?

Replies

• witchy_wife
    witchy_wife Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    Moth, butterflies and most "fluttery" flying insects. I can cope fine with spiders, snakes, beetles and other bugs, even pick them up in my hand. But I will run screaming like a 5 year old girl if a moth or butterfly comes near me.

I take my kids to a park near us where they have a small animal house with small animals and fish etc. But you have to walk through the butterfly house (where they fly around you) to access it and every time I take them I feel sick and rush through there as fast as possible with my head down while my husband walks through with the kids.
  • mjhedgehog
    mjhedgehog Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    riding in cars. I get really bad anxiety about other people driving and I have a fear of crashing or being hit even if the person driving is a good driver. I literally start shaking when we get on the interstate. D:

spiders and centipedes! D: they're not strange fears but Im afraid of them.
  • squidbully
    squidbully Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Bleeding to death / veins in general. Had a dream once where a slipped and fell and tore up my wrists and instead of just bleeding my veins slithered out of the wound and long story short I choked on my own veins. Couldn't rips them off of me 'cause then I'd die of blood loss.
    CRAZY DAYS.
  • MrsBobaFett
    MrsBobaFett Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    I have a phobia of drowning, I almost drowned when I was 6. My other phobia is mushrooms :\
  • MrsBobaFett
    Options
    Bleeding to death / veins in general. Had a dream once where a slipped and fell and tore up my wrists and instead of just bleeding my veins slithered out of the wound and long story short I choked on my own veins. Couldn't rips them off of me 'cause then I'd die of blood loss.
    CRAZY DAYS.

That story scared me!! O_O
  • kamiAK
    kamiAK Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I hate to touch or be to near drains...lol shower drains, pool drains. and i am afraid of driving over bridges or being under a bridge like a over pass. i grew up in CA and i am afraid there will be a earthquake and i will fly off the bridge or get crushed by one.
  • witchy_wife
    witchy_wife Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    CRAZY DAYS.

That is a well freaky dream!!
  • MrsRosbottom
    Options
    Coat Hangers....not so much a fear but they stress me out!!!
  • runningwoodpecker
    Options
    I have a phobia of wooden lollipop sticks and squid.
  • NakeshiaB
    NakeshiaB Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Coat Hangers....not so much a fear but they stress me out!!!

Coat hangers, love it!
  • Swethington00
    Options
    CRAZY DAYS.

What drug were you slipped? :) jk...

I had a dream that I was taking out my contact and it kept coming and coming out... By time I was done pulling out the contact I had enough plastic to make a latex glove
  • Swethington00
    Options
    FEET!!!! I HATE FEET!

Someone gets there feet near me I tense up, If they don't have socks on I go into panic mode... The feel touch me I FREAK. I am talking scream, cry and move the farthest I can away from them. Family thinks it is funny to put their feet on me while in the car... I am trying to wedge myself against the dashboard and crawl in the area between the windsheild and dashboard. .
  • squidbully
    Options
    CRAZY DAYS.

What drug were you slipped? :) jk...

I had a dream that I was taking out my contact and it kept coming and coming out... By time I was done pulling out the contact I had enough plastic to make a latex glove
    UGGH. That just made me have the worst mental image of somebody peeling off pieces of their egg like a god damn boiled egg. Sheesh.
  • squidbully
    Options
    I have a phobia of drowning, I almost drowned when I was 6. My other phobia is mushrooms :\
    Hahahaha, mushrooms? Explain.
  • misti_ellyona25
    Options
    I have a phobia of cotton!! It freaks me out!!
  • sophasaurusxx
    Options
    Im a nervous passenger. I used to be okay as a child with my family driving it never used to bother me. But as i reached teenage years, and all my friends that are older than me all past their driving tests, i used to go out with lads in a car and they all used to show off, drive stupidly and dangerously, overtake cars on little corners. And ever since then it really shakes me up when my friends now ask me to come out in their car even if they are careful drivers.. I sometimes make excuses up as to why i cant go out, as i get really scared sitting in other peoples cars whilst they srive around.. I love driving myself, i know that im in control of the car and im careful. But i just cant sit in other cars and be the passenger:ohwell:
  • I'm scared of water. Not water like in a glass of water, but pools, ponds, rivers, ocean, etc. Mostly water where I can't see my feet. I'm not afraid of fish or seaweeds, it's just that I get this terrified feeling when I can't see the bottom of the water!!

I used to live next to water where some people had drowned and I think dat made it worse.. I was always afarid that 'things' under the water would grab my ankles! I'm still terrified to go swim in the ocean.. :huh:
  • MrsBobaFett
    Options
    Hahahaha, mushrooms? Explain.

The way they look and feel, I found one in a pizza order I made a few years ago and it made me cry, I phoned the pizza place crying my eyes out like "Why would you do something like this???" Yes they thought I was crazy!!

My sister chased me around the house with one and I threw an ashtray at her head ^_^

They terrify me!
  • SophieC19
    SophieC19 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Moth, butterflies and most "fluttery" flying insects. I can cope fine with spiders, snakes, beetles and other bugs, even pick them up in my hand. But I will run screaming like a 5 year old girl if a moth or butterfly comes near me.

I take my kids to a park near us where they have a small animal house with small animals and fish etc. But you have to walk through the butterfly house (where they fly around you) to access it and every time I take them I feel sick and rush through there as fast as possible with my head down while my husband walks through with the kids.

Finally someone else scared of butterflies!! (and moths) !
  • QuietRain
    QuietRain Posts: 157
    Options
    Closets.
    Mostly because big spiders tend to lurk in there. Oh and pulling back the shower curtain. There's usually one there too.
    /mostly spider phobic.