Do you have any strange fears?

Options

Replies

• felice03
    felice03 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options
    being passed by a semi on the interstate...add to it being on a bridge and I start to panic. I am sure one of these days one will hit me and send me off the bridge.
  • chubby_checkers
    chubby_checkers Posts: 2,354 Member
    Options
    Deep end of the swimming pool. Doesn't matter that I can see the bottom, I still kick like hell so nothing (mainly sharks) will get me. Also, I don't like seaweed.
  • treetpflyer
    treetpflyer Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I fear being stripped of my second amendment rights.
  • FGVC1188
    FGVC1188 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    hah
  • survivor1952
    survivor1952 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Balloons & Rubber Bands
    Paranoid that they are going to hit my eyes.
    Also, bridges that do not have water under them.
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    I shake out my shoes before putting them on. I also shake out blankets, coats and towels.

I've been deathly afraid of getting bitten by a brown recluse or black widow and dying for years.
  • Bennett056
    Bennett056 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I hate to touch or be to near drains...lol shower drains, pool drains. and i am afraid of driving over bridges or being under a bridge like a over pass. i grew up in CA and i am afraid there will be a earthquake and i will fly off the bridge or get crushed by one.

Yep, bridges and a fear of drowning.
  • BuffyEat2Live
    BuffyEat2Live Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I'm terrified of stuffed animals. Not teddy bears, mind you. Taxidermy!

Usually if I'm prepared for it (like a friend warns me that there is a deer head on the wall before I go wherever) I'm okay. It's when I get surprised by it, I flip out.
  • capnrus789
    capnrus789 Posts: 2,736 Member
    Options
    That my MFP friends will figure out that I'm just a big dork.

Gulp.
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options

Gulp.

CAUGHT YA!

My fear? Holes. Clusters of holes.

:Leaves thread immediately:
  • BamBam125
    BamBam125 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    "Palmetto bugs"

Despite the cute name, they are anything but. I know what they really are. They're big and they fly and heaven forbid one gets into my home or my car... Fortunately they don't like to be indoors. But they do like Palmetto trees and we have a lot of those in the area.

Ugh, gives me the heebie-jeebies if I even think I see one of those things.
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    Thunderstorms turn me into a mewling, hyperventilating little baby.

I am also a very anxious passenger. I want to drive!

Yellow jackets/hornets will usually send me fleeing into the house. Got stung by hornets once, I plan on never letting it happen again!
  • AmyFett
    AmyFett Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    I dunno if it's strange, but deathly afraid of aliens. Even saying the word made me get chills. I hate it!! They scare the **** outta me.

Oh and I know this is a weird one. I am afraid of other peoples' feet. I hate mine being touched. It gives me the willies. I hate it.
  • pudadough
    pudadough Posts: 1,271 Member
    Options
    I have diagnosed OCD. Not the I-like-a-clean-house kind, but the real kind. So, yes, I have many strange fears.

My current big one is bed bugs. I am afraid to travel because of it. I have acquaintances who have had them and it just seems like my worst nightmare come to life. The can't be killed like other pests and chew on you in the night? Ick.

Lightning was and is a big one for me. I can't sleep in my metal bed if it's lightning outside. Totally irrational, but then, OCD is inherently irrational.
  • BeeElMarvin
    BeeElMarvin Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options

Gulp.

CAUGHT YA!

My fear? Holes. Clusters of holes.

:Leaves thread immediately:

Not a fear, simply a fantasy
  • annie7hudds
    annie7hudds Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Grass.

Unless it is a perfectly manicured lawn - I will not walk on it - or even worse sit on it. Who knows what is hidden in the grass. ? :)
  • AmyFett
    AmyFett Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    I have diagnosed OCD. Not the I-like-a-clean-house kind, but the real kind. So, yes, I have many strange fears.

My current big one is bed bugs. I am afraid to travel because of it. I have acquaintances who have had them and it just seems like my worst nightmare come to life. The can't be killed like other pests and chew on you in the night? Ick.

Lightning was and is a big one for me. I can't sleep in my metal bed if it's lightning outside. Totally irrational, but then, OCD is inherently irrational.

I have OCD too. Though I am obsessed with having a clean, unmessy house too lol. But my thing is not sitting in bathtubs. I hate my butt sitting where feet have been. I hate feet. I just feel dirty and gross and if I had to take a bath for whatever reason, I have a freaking panic attack.
  • EmilyOfTheSun
    EmilyOfTheSun Posts: 1,548 Member
    Options
    Garbage disposals freak the *kitten* outta me.
  • pixtotts
    pixtotts Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    People breathing in my face... not so much a fear, but they will steal all of my oxygen and I will suffocate and die... its how it works (at least in my head)... sharing a bed is horrible!

Oh and getting conditioner on my face always makes me feel like i cant breathe :(
    x

(im another cluster of holes issue person... or seeds in a fruit :| makes me feel physically sick)
  • mommyfauc
    mommyfauc Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    My biggest one is wooden popsicle sticks, or those wooden spoons for ice cream. Just writing that I'm getting the heebie jeebies. Yuck. Also open closet doors freak me out. And any spider or bugs.